Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Find tablets for battletech
« Last post by NeonKnight on Today at 11:04:59 »
I would suggest any decent tablet, and use FLECHS SHEETS (https://sheets.flechs.net/)

These are interactive record sheets and allow one to track a great deal of stuff - (does require wi-fi access)
Finally logged in and checked my shipping for the first time. $100 is a lot, but given that my pledge and add-ons total out to about $800, it seems reasonable.

Nice - Mine pledge/add-ons is a little less than yours (around $700), but my shipping is nearly twice ($170+)
Finally logged in and checked my shipping for the first time. $100 is a lot, but given that my pledge and add-ons total out to about $800, it seems reasonable.
Oh, I know it's absolutely a country of residence issue, just frustrating is all.

Does look like there wasn't VAT due on my CI stuff though, from what I can see, hence the frustration.

I mean you are correct CI vat wasn't do.  Changes however fixed it were now you guys have to pay the vat.  I have been very critical of CGL but they were very upfront that backers overseas were on their own for VAT.   I do get though why that would effect you backing.   Honestly just that CGL can't post shipping charges without all sorts of problems should give people pause.
Hellraiser and DevianID

You do realise you are comparing your XLE designs with an SFE one, right?

You prefer an XLE mech that emphasises engagement at a distance of... 3 Hexes.
Ok, I'll stich to a mech that is both
a) more survivable
b) is not constrained to being a one show pony with zero contribution anywhere else.

now IF I wanted something more survivable AND with a more potent punch up close in case, then install a LFE and add two medium XPLs. BUT you end up with a mech that costs close to double to one the SFE one.

P.S The wolverine is supposed to be tough and survivable.
With an XLE it becomes rather fragile.
If you're in the EU, there's been a change in how Crowdfunders are taxed, so they get hit for VAT now.  It's deeply frustrating.

Never surprised to hear about politicians saying, "There's a new thing we aren't taxing?!  We must remedy that!"

Working alone, the 65GW artificial magnetic field at L1 would restore about 1/7th of Mars’ old atmosphere over a period of tens of millions of years, according to Green.  So it alone could not deliver the fantastical terraforming timelines measured in hundreds of years that are a staple of BT, Dune, and other sci-fi franchises.  It would need a lot of help.

But in terms of preserving a rejuvenated Martian atmosphere, however quickly regenerated, an artificial magnetic field is probably necessary over the long-term to reduce the solar wind stripping molecules out of the upper atmosphere.
Clan Chatterweb / Re: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza
« Last post by cmerwin on Today at 10:13:05 »
I could easily see a superior commander in the Nova Cats who feels Nova Cat differences in things such as visions and age tolerance is what led to their downfall and exile perhaps being overzealous to enforce such general Clan norms almost out of spite/reflect.

Robert Bravos is still kicking though as of 3150 I think, he last appeared in TRO 3150.
Agreed, and I can imagine that there are some members of the Cats who think that we should be "more Clan like" given the Dark Age times, and thus act more like hard-line Clans.
I'm going to go with "A vehicle breaks down" and "something catches fire."
JF 5th battle cluster switched parent command from Epsilon galaxy to Delta at some point. So presumably their color scheme would have also changed. Maybe the artists didn't realize this, as they've done Epsilon galaxy art for this new book but the cards in the alpha strike box depict them with the delta galaxy colors and 3rd star league logo. This also means the box cover art depicting them as Lambda galaxy can't be correct.

Let's just say that there's a reason we've consistently rated art below text when discussing issues of canon, and recent examples *gives Legends a side-eye* have not helped.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Register