Author Topic: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL) Part 2  (Read 246185 times)

MarikMilitaMan

• Sergeant
  • The Kendall Hammers
Re: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL) Part 2
« Reply #150 on: 25 June 2016, 11:52:25 »
Odds of Marc Ward finding his way to Glengarry?

Fair to middling.

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #151 on: 25 June 2016, 19:46:43 »
Uhoh, cracks are starting to show in the Falcon touman.  Keep the Incukalns meat grinder churning and the Falcons seem to be losing the initiative.

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #152 on: 25 June 2016, 22:14:36 »
and the roll out of a common line of battle... :)

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #153 on: 26 June 2016, 02:54:58 »
Uhoh, cracks are starting to show in the Falcon touman.  Keep the Incukalns meat grinder churning and the Falcons seem to be losing the initiative.

Very true, the world of Incukalns is turning into a Verdun with the Falcons being the French.  I don't know why they are so obcessed about the world though.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #154 on: 02 July 2016, 13:43:31 »
Fifteenth Whitting Conference, First Lord Election
Unity City, North America
Terra, Star League Protectorate
1st December 3104

The Election of a new First Lord place within the Whitting Conference Centre in Unity City on Terra with the leaders of the Inner Sphere meeting in the main hall as promised First Prince Victor Steiner-Davion is the first to speak following an opening address by the outgoing First Lord Minoru Kurita.  Victor states that they must all remember why the Star League was created and the good it has done before nominating Archon Jessica Steiner for the position.

Following Victor’s nomination of the Lyran leader Magestix Ilsa Centrella seconds the vote surprising the other members of the council.  In opposition Draconis Combine leader Warlord Minoru Kurita nominates the Free Worlds League leader Captain-General Joseph Marik which is confirmed by Taurian Concordat leader Erik Martens-Calderon.  With seemingly a deadlock from created by the other nation states and unable to attain the position himself Star League Protectorate leader Bannister Cameron, urged by Commanding-General Victor Focht, votes for Jessica Steiner to become the new First Lord of the Star League Defence Force.

Following the election of Jessica Steiner the Star League Defence Forces Commanding-General briefs the Council of the state of the SLDF.  He states that the First Kittery Revenants Regimental Brigade has begun to form on Kittery while the Star League has made a deal with the Federated Suns to be supplied with a new class of WarShip and that Federated Suns WarShips would be assisting in the Star League Protectorate’s defence.

Duke Theodore Redburn of the Federated Suns is announced by First Prince Steiner-Davion as the new Federated Suns Ambassador to the Star League Defence Force.  Theodore Redburn is the younger brother of recently announced President of the Rim Collection Damien Redburn.  With no further outstanding business with the Star League Defence Force the various leaders break up ready to travel back to their own realms. 

Fifteenth Whitting Conference, Davion Wing
Unity City, North America
5th December 3104

“You want to do what?”  Victor Steiner-Davion looked at his son behind him his wife Danai Centrella-Davion stood silently watching the father and son.

“I’ve been speaking to doctors on Terra, I want to stay here and complete my recovery under their care.”

“The doctors on New Avalon are preparing for you” Victor said glancing at his son’s left arm it had shown little improvement since he’d arrived on Terra he knew what that meant.

“And with a command circuit I could see them in three weeks” Burton said “the doctors on Terra can see me tomorrow.  I am entirely safe here” Burton said confidently “Governor Winsor-Cameron has offered us a villa in the south of France during our stay on Terra.”

“Our?”  Danai asked

“Yes Sterling and the children will be staying too, you’re off baby sitting duties mother” Burton said smiling briefly it was a nice break from his discussion with his father.

“It is never a chore they are always good as gold.”  She said stepping away

“I thought Sterling was setting in onboard the Sword and Sun?”  Victor asked mentioning the WarShip Burton’s wife had recently been serving on.

“She is and she appreciate’s the opportunity” Burton said for a moment he was glad the former Snow Raven Khan was not here to argue her point instead she was with their children taking a tour around Unity City.  “But she also agrees with me this will be good for us.”

“Good for you?”  Victor bristled picking up on something from what his son had said “is there something wrong with your home?”

“No” Burton said pausing for a moment finding the words “you said to me years ago that you, your brothers and sisters drifted apart because you were posted across the Federated Commonwealth…”

“It was our duty…” Victor began but Burton spoke over him as Danai moved up beside her husband linking her hand with his.

“You said that when it came down to it Katherine thought she was better than you because she didn’t know you, she didn’t know what made you tick, she didn’t know that in time you would learn how to overcome anything that you would come across.”  Burton said he was proud of his father’s achievements but he didn’t want to face the same problems the elder Davion had faced.  Victor could not argue with his son he often thought what might have been if he’d been closer with Katherine, Peter, Yvonne and Arthur when they were younger instead of really meeting them when they were grown up.

“I want my daughter and son to know each other to know their parents” Burton said “and I want to be able to pick them up if they fall.”  He said referring to his arm “I think this is the best way for both of them.”  Victor reluctantly nodded agreeing with his son glancing at his wife he saw that Danai agreed with her son’s choice.

“I will detach a segment of the First Davion Guards RCT they will also remain on Terra and will be your guardians.”

“They won’t be needed” Burton said confidently.

“I don’t care” Victor said sternly “you are my son and your family will have guards from your homeland.”  He said Burton nodded not willing to argue with his father over something like that.

Over the course of the next three weeks Prince Burton Davion underwent a series of assessments and physiotherapy attempting to bring his left arm back to life but there was little in the way of progress.  Instead on the 29th Burton undergoes an operation to amputate the left arm from the shoulder down in preparation for him being fitted with an artificial limb.  Meanwhile Duchess Sterling McKenna-Davion and her children Luther and Leah become celebrities of Terra and are mobbed by adoring public everywhere they go as they are treated to the sights of the planet.  While providing security for Burton and his family the combined-arms Regiment left behind by the First Davion Guards RCT are able to train at some of the most advanced combat ranges ever devised by man and train against the SLDF units based on the world of humanities origin.

Talk Inner Sphere, Interstellar News Network
Geneva, Europe
7th December 3104

“Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to Talk Inner Sphere my name is Malek Thorne” the presenter said he was in his forties with long dark hair that was tied up in a topknot popular in the Federated Suns “and today’s question is a simple one.  Has the Star League failed us and is it time for the Inner Sphere nations to retake their individuality and sunder the Star League?”  He said as the camera pulled back to show a panel of guests waiting to speak.  “With the Fifteenth Whitting Conference ending at the Conference Centre in Unity City and the Succession Lords returning home the question has been asked ladies and gentlemen the floor is open.”

“The answer is no” Neil Berton, a former SLDF Major and member of the the Star League Advisory Council said.

“How can you say that?  There is more fighting in the Inner Sphere now than there has been since the Succession Wars.”  Malek said “there have been renewed conflicts with every single one of the Clans the Star League recently had to mediate a dispute between two of its member states.”

“Exactly the Star League Defence Force has done its job!”  Berton said “the Star League was recreated to bring about the end to the Clan Invasion, the destruction of Clan Smoke Jaguar and to give the Inner Sphere a neutral place to sort out their differences like ComStar did during the Succession Wars but without their covert nature.”

“Says a man who used to work for them” the Capellan Confederation representative said.

“You have something to say Lukas Holt?” Thorne asked looking at the man dressed in the traditional robes of a Confederation nobleman his long dark hair tied up.

“The birth of the Star League Defence Force has also seen the rebirth of the Terran Hegemony in spirit if not name.”  He said accusingly “soon the Star League will tell us all that their Protectorate is no more and a new Hegemony will have risen in its place.”

“Preposterous” Berton said angrily

“Intelligence from the Confederation suggests that the so called Guard regiments are covers for dozens of Divisions that have been raised in secret behind the walls of the Protectorate ready to rise up when the time is right.  We believe they have hundreds of the hated M5 Casper Drones and that they have been trying to create entire regiments of Drone BattleMechs they are ready to replace flesh and blood with machine!”

“That is the Capellan Confederation’s opinion but not one that represents all of the Inner Sphere.”  Hibiki Marata of the Draconis Combine said “the Star League Defence Force has created a Protectorate for the worlds that were devastated during the Succession Wars, a place where we can negotiate and a place where we can freely trade together without fear of our people being attacked.  The Star League Defence Force has supported us in our defence against the Clans.”

“What of the renewed joint invasion of the Lyran Commonwealth?  Clan Hell’s Horses forces have attacked Atocongo, New Extford and Kandersteg while the Jade Falcons continue to hold Incukalns despite concentrated attempts to capture the world by the Lyrans and the Star League Defence Force.”  Patrick Taubuck a representative of the Lyran Commonwealth said.

“It is not united” Berton replied “those Clans are operating independent of each other.  Reports suggest that the Hell’s Horses recently captured two Jade Falcon worlds as well as attacking the three worlds of the Commonwealth.”  He said “while it’s suggested that the Coyotes and Rasalhague Dominion have also taken more than a dozen worlds from the Hell’s Horses.”

“Limited Trials of Possession” Malcolm Nirveeton of the Federated Suns said “analysis of the reports from the Occupation Zones suggest that the worlds fought over by the four Clans away from the Inner Sphere are being dealt with in traditional Trials of Possession following the ritualized form of Combat so cherished by the Clans during their initial invasion.  We know that the Clans are cut off from the Kerensky Cluster and the other worlds that birthed them, what exactly happened to cause this we do not know, and because of this the Clans have worked out a way for them to engage in these “Honour Trials” which remind them of how they used to fight in the Clan Homeworlds and allows individual warriors to revel in the combat that they find so appealing.”  He said “we have seen similar moves made recently by the Sea Fox, Snow Raven and Nova Cat Clans which follow a similar pattern they enter the space of an Inner Sphere held world and challenge the defenders to an honourable battle.  The Clans attempt to engage in the ritualized bidding and combat that they used during the initial invasion they take what they lose or leave with what they win.”

“They are little more than pirates” Lukas Holt sneered suggesting that the Confederation had faced similar raids.

“The only Clan that has not engaged in such matters is Clan Wolf” the last member of the panel Ava Taylor of the Free Worlds League said.  “When Clan Wolf attack they come to claim territory and when they defend they defend with everything they have.  Their successes speak for themselves of all the Clans they are the only one who is within striking distance of Terra.”

“There are Hell’s Horses forces on Terra Firma” Berton noted.

“A small force mainly made up of old Mechs and warriors guarding a crashsite and some traders.”  Taylor replied “the Wolves on the other hand are young, well equipped warriors with a desire to see Terra held in Clan hands or burned to a cinder.”

“And that is why the Star League stands” Berton said “you ask if the Star League Defence Force has succeeded I say yes.  Without a standing Star League the Inner Sphere could easily have been consumed in another conflict on par with the Succession Wars but worse now because of the continued Clan threat.  Instead we have safeguarded Terra, rebuilt the worlds devastated by the Succession Wars and held the Clans in their Occupation Zones.  I saw that the Star League Defence Force is a success and should stand to see another fifteen Whitting Conferences.”  Berton said passionately his belief in the Star League unshaken by the events in the Clan Occupation Zones or the infighting between the various Succession States.  Lukas Holt of the Capellan Confederation continued to look unimpressed his warning that the Star League Protectorate was nothing but the Terran Hegemony reborn continuing to hang over everything despite Berton’s assurances.  And the question remained was the SLDF being successful?  Was it bringing about a new golden age?

Border conflict
Millungera, District of Gibraltar
Free Worlds League
17th December 3104

The defection of Promised Land spurs a deeper strike from Lyran troops assaulting Millungera despite the continued fighting on the Clan Wolf and Clan Jade Falcon borders.  Millungera falls within eight hours as the Thirty-second Lyran Guards RCT pushing elements of the Second Tamarind Militia Regiment off the planet with minimal damage.  The District of Gibraltar counter attacks against Cavanaugh II, Dixie and Timbiqui but they are unable to budge the Lyran defences.  The border fighting between the two successor states brings some much needed breathing room for Clan Wolf who were beginning to feel pressed by the fighting along their borders.

Internal Change
Military District of Dieron, Draconis Combine
20th December 3104

With Dieron based troops securing worlds on the Federated Suns border and securing Aubisson from Clan Ghost Bear Warlord Minoru Kurita chooses to award the Warlord of Dieron and the Dieron Military District with control over eight worlds from the Benjamin Military District literally redrawing the District lines inside the Draconis Combine.  Minoru also directs that the Warlord of Dieron should have all control over the disputed region being fought over by the Rasalhague Dominion, Lyran Commonwealth and his own Draconis Combine.  These two factors cause great dishonour on the Warlord of Benjamin Mitsura Sakamoto.

Morven City Outskirts
Morven, Nova Cat’s Den
Periphery
29th December 3104

Following intelligence that suggested Clan Nova Cat was forcefully relocating entire neighbourhoods within their held territory by destroying people’s home and publically executing those who refused the First Tikonov Lancers RCT on Filtvelt had acted attempting to come to the defence of the planet’s population.  Jumping in at a pirate point they had avoided the Nova Cat Aegis-class Heavy Cruiser Sabretooth and burned towards the planet’s surface.

Moving his Musketeer Hovertank through the outskirts of the planet’s surface Subaltern Mikhail Kvyat noticed something wrong almost immediately.  “This is Charlie Four to command” he called out hearing a response soon after “sir, everything looks very normal here…”  He said his voice trailing off as he looked through his monitors “people are going on with their normal business.”  His commander replied a moment later “yes sir, but I mean the only thing out of place here is our tank” he said leaning to the right for a moment as his commander nearly screamed down the radio.  “Yes sir, I understand that but you’re not seeing what I am there’s no destruction here you could place this neighbourhood down anywhere in the Inner Sphere.” He said glancing down at his sensors he saw something up ahead.  “I’ve got a problem here” he said “no a big ****** problem, sir, I’ve got two Snow Tiger OmniVehicles approaching.”  Mikhail turned to the other crewmen “we’re getting the hell out of here.”  He said to them forgetting his microphone was still on “yes sir, we’re retreating” he said as the Musketeer began to turn he hoped that the Nova Cats wouldn’t fire as the Federated Suns vehicle hadn’t fire on them. 

Moments later his fears were answered as two gauss slugs flew over the hovertank “there’s no way that was an accident” he said glancing at the sensors then at the other crewmen the two shots had missed by less than ten metres flying over the Musketeer’s turret.  “Command, they are firing warning shots we’re in full retreat, Command respond!”  Mikhail called out as the vehicle’s driver poured on the speed taking the craft back down the street behind them the two Snow Tiger OmniVehicles followed neither firing but Mikhail knew their gauss rifles were in range.

As they cleared the outskirts of Morven City the Musketeer suddenly accelerated to its maximum speed.  Behind them the two Snow Tigers accelerated to match them keeping the Cossacks Hovercraft in range of their gauss rifles.  “We’ve got incoming” Mikhail called out as the two Snow Tigers fired again this time their shots were on target and both slammed into the rear and left hand side of the the hovertank.  The armour held but it was a clear message as on the sensors Mikhail saw the rest of the hovertanks of his platoon were in full retreat chased by hovertanks, VTOLs, ProtoMechs and OmniMechs.  “Oh no” Mikhail said as he switched to long range sensors he saw the Tikonov Cossacks landing zones were being besieged by Nova Cat heavy and assaut Mechs and vehicles.  “Charlie Four to Base anyone there?  Where do you want us?”  He asked noticing the Snow Tigers happy that the Musketeer wasn’t fighting them had broken off their pursuit.  “Come in base” he repeated as the closed on range.  “Forget it!”  He shouted “boys pull left ready main gun and missiles target is Nova Cat II OmniMech on our right side.  We hit them in the back with the cannon then follow up with streaks as we pass.  He said as the Musketeer closed on the heavy OmniMech twisted to attack them its autocannons, short range missiles and pulse lasers all opening up on the fast moving hovercraft as it closed its range.  Even as the Hovercraft’s armour was opened by the Nova Cat’s weapons fire the Musketeer’s own rotary autocannon began to cut into the Nova Cat’s armour its SRMs following up as the Musketeer passed by the Nova Cat II.

The reason why the BattleMech, and its more advanced cousin the OmniMech, dominated the battlefield in the thirty-second century was made clear in this battle between the Nova Cat II and the Musketeer.  While the Nova Cat II took the hits from the autocannon and missiles to its armour with barely a consideration the Musketeer was not so lucky the autocannon fire, missiles and lasers of the Nova Cat tore into the fast moving hovercraft and then as the Musketeer past by the OmniMech its torso twist capacity allowed it to track the Musketeer and finish off the vehicle with a second volley lasers and autocannons opening up the armour while short range missiles blew open the armour destroying the hovercraft.  Even as the Musketeer died a second volley from its rotary cannon ripped across the Nova Cat II’s torso but to no effect the heavy OmniMech turning towards its next target.

Across the battlefield a similar story was repeated as the two on planet Nova Cat clusters peppered the AFFS RCT remaining at long range to cause damage to the invaders.  With their JumpShips confirming that the Aegis-class Heavy Cruiser in system was heading towards the planet and no evidence to support the intelligence that had led to the attack the remaining Tikonov Cossacks abandon the planet leaving nearly two regiments of equipment and personnel that had been destroyed by the Nova Cats.  Both of the Clan clusters that had engaged the Cossacks had lost half their strength but both remained operational ready to defend from a second attack and to recover the salvage left behind.  From the planet back to their JumpShips the Cossacks raced as the Sabretooth headed in system the seven hundred-and-forty thousand tonne WarShip maintaining its speed trying to catch the RCT.  The Cossacks were moving too fast for the WarShip to make the intercept but the damage was done even as the AFFS unit jumped back towards Filtvelt the Federated Suns can only brace itself for the Nova Cat reprisals.
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #155 on: 02 July 2016, 13:52:35 »
Attached is the end of 3104 Unit list with added Clan Wolf and Clan Mountain Wolf

while this link takes you to the map for end of 3104

http://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/dragon-cat-collection/3081-map/15/#lastPost
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #156 on: 02 July 2016, 14:37:18 »
Good update and unit list, can't wait to see the mercenary units added  ;)

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #157 on: 02 July 2016, 18:55:28 »
Looks like a good time for a revolt by the Warlord of Benjamin.
Maybe independence for the region with support of the Star League. :D
I notice in the Capellan regiments you had St.Cry's regiment. Was that supposed to be St.Cyr's or are you trying to tell us something. ;D O0
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #158 on: 02 July 2016, 20:07:56 »
will you post and updated warship list?

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #159 on: 02 July 2016, 21:28:21 »
Looks like a good time for a revolt by the Warlord of Benjamin.
Maybe independence for the region with support of the Star League. :D
I notice in the Capellan regiments you had St.Cry's regiment. Was that supposed to be St.Cyr's or are you trying to tell us something. ;D O0

Nice catch

will you post and updated warship list?

Knew I'd forgotten something... attached to this post

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #160 on: 03 July 2016, 04:33:01 »
Excellent update, the Suns forces really got kicked in the teeth for that territorial incursion.  Jessica could easily use the SLDF forces to help defend her borders from the Falcons if she can call them up for that.  I thought Burton would be fitted with a cybernetic, hopefully there won't be any issues with that and good to see Stirling's doing well, she's adjusted well to Spheroid life for sure!

Those changes within the DC could be interesting, the slight to the Warlords honor could cause...issues.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #161 on: 03 July 2016, 13:20:21 »
“There are Hell’s Horses forces on Terra Firma” Berton noted. “A small force mainly made up of old Mechs and warriors guarding a crashsite and some traders.”

Define old Mechs: ancient Star League 1, older first gen. Omni, old second Gen.-Jihad Omni-Standard or Industrial Mechs that were built in the last century?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #162 on: 03 July 2016, 14:15:20 »
Define old Mechs: ancient Star League 1, older first gen. Omni, old second Gen.-Jihad Omni-Standard or Industrial Mechs that were built in the last century?

TT

A Binary of Clan standard armoured vehicles, a binary of Emerald Harrier BattleMechs from XTRO Republic I and a Binary of standard Elementals.

Clan Wolf also has a Nova of BattleMechs and of conventional infantry

While the Sea Fox merchants that call the enclave home have a Star of Mechs with some conventional infantry to protect their trade post

There is an enclave of approximately 10,000 situated near and around the wrecked Hell's Horses WarShip Pillar of Autumn

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #163 on: 03 July 2016, 14:25:40 »
Hmmm....

I wonder...

If a ship crashes, how much of it is really destroyed and how much could be salvaged and repaired / brought back online?

And thanks, good to know!

TT

Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #164 on: 03 July 2016, 14:36:26 »
Well every ship in BattleTech can land... once

The Pillar of Autumn was battered by Manei Domini forces in 3092.  Her K-F Drive was destroyed in battle her thrusters failing she then entered the atmosphere before slamming into the ground.

She's a wreck.  There's little of the ship actually left the only reason I fluffed it as surviving is because of the high structural integrity it has.  The Horses initially agreed to clean up the mess and have never left, the Foxes seized on it as a trade post and the Wolves seeing themselves as the leading Clan wanted to be involved too.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #165 on: 03 July 2016, 14:43:42 »
*quietly imagines it something like this*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH5s4y3p8VY

JA Baker

• Captain
  • Dreamer Of Dreams
« Reply #166 on: 03 July 2016, 15:19:14 »
There's little of the ship actually left the only reason I fluffed it as surviving is because of the high structural integrity it has.
The stats for the original Halcyon in the Halo games give it almost obscene durability:
The most noteworthy design feature was a series of internal cross bracings and honeycombs that made the ships surprisingly resistant to battle damage; ships of the class were able to remain operational despite sustaining breaches to all compartments and losing 90% of their armor.
So when I converted them over, I gave a Heavy Cruiser near Battleship grade structural integrity.

*quietly imagines it something like this*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH5s4y3p8VY
I have no idea what mass a Super Star Destroyer has, but it should have left an impact like this:

And the blast wave should have leveled the battlefield for miles around.
« Last Edit: 03 July 2016, 15:26:57 by JA Baker »
"That's the thing about invading the Capellan Confederation: half a decade later, you want to invade it again"
-Attributed to First-Prince Hanse Davion, 3030

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #167 on: 03 July 2016, 15:22:09 »
The impact for the SSD seems to be fairly small because she comes down seemingly under control instead of just plumetting, you can hear the engines still working and her drives trying to halt or at least slow the descent, but when she starts that roll, its too much and crunch.  More a controlled crash rather than an uncontrolled descent. 

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #168 on: 04 July 2016, 14:43:40 »
I think, Dragon Cat. My favorite part of your latest entry in the on-going saga of your Alternate timeline is the passage between Burton Davion and his storied Father, Victor.  It seem to speak of something that's never truly (in my opinion) has ever been said aloud. True situation and falling between Vic and his late siblings. 

Part me wishes that what was said was dead on, it felt like it but you never can tell these days.

Thanks again, Dragon Cat!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #169 on: 06 July 2016, 14:58:27 »
durability:So when I converted them over, I gave a Heavy Cruiser near Battleship grade structural integrity.

http://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/techlab/hell's-horses-designs/

I tried to make it tough enough to take some hits

I think, Dragon Cat. My favorite part of your latest entry in the on-going saga of your Alternate timeline is the passage between Burton Davion and his storied Father, Victor.  It seem to speak of something that's never truly (in my opinion) has ever been said aloud. True situation and falling between Vic and his late siblings. 

I'm glad you liked it it's one of my favourite parts when I can explore Victor's family

I think there was something similar to it said in Ghost War by Mason Dunne to Janella Lakewood at one point when they were talking about Victor's past and why he accepted Mason as his gardener (read project) either that or one of the Civil War books.  I've mentioned it once or twice before in a discussion between Victor and Danai or maybe even Canin Rosse of the Nova Cats. I can't remember

I'm going the simple route taking Victor and having him look back over his life and decisions ignoring what others might have planned or the other factors.  In this AU he's lived the life of a First Prince leaving the "Inner Sphere hero" title far behind I've tried to focus that even in the negotiations with the SLDF and Lyrans Victor was holding a grudge against the SLDF but his son saw the bonuses it could bring.
« Last Edit: 06 July 2016, 15:05:37 by Dragon Cat »

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #170 on: 06 July 2016, 15:02:12 »
Stepping into 3105

Draconis Combine Raid
Orestes District, Rasalhague Dominion
9th January 3105

The Warlord of Benjamin Mitsura Sakamoto feeling dishonoured by Warlord Minoru Kurita’s decision to award Dieron’s successes by transferring planets from Benjamin’s control to Dieron leads a personal attack on the Rasalhague Dominion planet of Kiesan leading the Ninth Sword of Light Regiment.

Landing on the planet the Warlord leads the Regiment from his Dragon BattleMech against the Ghost Bears of the 115th Striker Cluster and Nineteenth Battle Cluster of the Rasalhague Dominion.  In the opening volleys of the battle the Warlord’s Dragon was cut down by the massed fire of the Bears against them.  Within two days of battle the Ninth Sword of Light Regiment is completely destroyed by the Rasalhague Dominion forces.

Inside the Draconis Combine Shichiro Hayashida is named as the new Warlord of the Benjamin District by Warlord Minoru Kurita and is tasked with preparing the District of Benjamin for the Ghost Bear’s counter attack.

Nova Cat Counter-attack
Crucis March, Federated Suns
18th January 3105

Following the Federated Suns Raid against Clan Nova Cat’s territory the Clan counter attacks against the Federated Suns periphery regions striking at multiple worlds in heavy raids.  For the most part the Nova Cat’s restrict these attacks to simple Trials of Possession however they also seize the sytems of Skepptana, Maram, Sodertalje and Adelson.  The Nova Cat’s take their raids a step further with the elite Forty-fourth Nova Cat Cavaliers Cluster raiding Malagrotta distracting command elements of the Ninth Crucis Lancers RCT from defending against the Nova Cat raids.  The Forty-fourth keeps the Ninth Crucis busy for two weeks before abandoning the system and returning to the Nova Cat’s Den.

Raids and Counter-attacks
Coventry Province, Lyran Commonwealth
19th January 3105

As Clan Jade Falcon continue their efforts to keep the Lyran Commonwealth off balance three Clusters Solahma troops launch raids against the Lyran and Mountain Wolf supply lines on New Capetown, Bluque and Krievci.  These raids are little more than suicide runs with all three Solahma destroyed by the Lyran Commonwealth, Mountain Wolf and Star League Defence Force units.

Despite the Solahma attacks the Lyran Commonwealth raids and successfully liberates Kolovrety, Annuniziata and Chapultepec from Clan Jade Falcon control.  The Lyrans find little resistance from the Jade Falcons who have stripped units from the periphery area of their Occupation Zone to hold onto other more important systems.

Marseille Royal Hospital
Marseille, France
23rd January 3105

It had been a week since Prince Burton Davion had been fitted with the myomer replacement arm the doctors had said it would have to be unpowered to allow his body to adjust to its presence before they took the next step and now was the day for the next step.  “Prince Davion we are activating the power source now.  You will feel a slight twinge” one of the doctors said “I’d like you to try to remain calm and do not try to move the arm” he said.  A few moments later Burton felt like someone had sent a searing poker through his side he remained in position as the pain passed slowly before it was completely gone.  “Prince Davion are you still with us?”

“Barely” Burton admitted clenching his right fist surprising himself the myomer left arm clenched the arm’s fist as well.  “Damn” he said smiling opening both fists then closing his flesh hand and then the mechanical one separately.

“Very nice Burton” the doctor said as Burton tried to raise his arm sideways his flesh and blood arm move with ease but the other didn’t move.  “Slowly” the doctor said seeing Burton’s frustration building “the new arm needs to learn how to work with you it’s not going to work overnight its all about muscle memory just like the real thing you need to teach this arm how to behave.”

“And once it knows what its doing?”

“Once you teach it what to do you’ll barely notice the difference between the two” the doctor promised bringing a grin from the Prince he was beginning to turn the corner since his injury on the Combine border.  Over the course of the next three weeks Burton Davion learns how to use the artificial left arm as well as he ever used his natural limb.  Once it was clear that Burton’s body was not rejecting the limb the Terran doctors fitted it with a synthetic skin which for all intensive purposes looked just like human skin with several courses of treatments the doctors matched the skin’s colour to Burton’s natural colour making the limb appear completely normal.

Garden of the Gods, New Greenland
New Olympica, Star League Protectorate
Free Worlds League
28th January 3105

The independent McKenna-class Battleship Subtlety and her attending JumpShips of the Subtlety Profitable Training College of Military Arts had spent the tail end of 3104 with the people of the District of Regulus and had on multiple occasions stated they would remain an independent force.  Their arrival at New Olympica, the first planet to have an official Star League Defence Force presence, it was expected that the Subtlety would align itself and its trainers with the Star League Defence Force but Captain William Leroy-Dietrich made it very clear in his first meeting with the SLDF representatives that Subtlety would remain independent.  Despite this the WarShip and its attached college was welcomed into the system and given full access to the SLDF training facilities including the SLDF’s own training WarShip the SLS Sheridan, a Bonaventure-class Corvette.  The Star League officials had revealed to the Subtlety’s crew that the McKenna’s original name while under the flag of the first Star League Defence Force the SLS Billingsgate however even this revelation is not enough to sway the current crew of the Subtlety.

As well as training with the SLDF and seeing the facilities on offer at New Olympica the Subtlety’s crew had been offered the chance of shore leave at New Olympica’s many resorts.  Over the years since the Star League’s take-over of the system they had promoted the rebuilding of the many resorts one such place was high in the mountains of the island of New Greenland known as the Garden of the Gods.

“It’s beautiful here” Commander America Park said glancing over the snow covered mountain range.

“Beautiful but cold” Captain William Leroy-Dietrich said pulling his fur lined jacket close to his body.

“It was your idea to come here” America teased closing on him she’d remained on the Subtlety because it offered her an opportunity she could not have in the Magistracy of Canopus.  She’d stayed on the ship because of its commander.  William Leroy-Dietrich was a puzzle to her although he was older than her by a decade but had the drive and desire of a young fighter pilot while commanding the Subtlety with what seemed like endless patience it was a series contradictions that confused her and attracted her.

“We were invited” William said simply blowing warm air into his hands then stuffing them in his jacket’s pockets.

“You were the one that was invited, perhaps they think you’ll have an accident and they can recruit the Subtlety with a new Captain.”  She suggested half joking.

“There’s only one accident I want to have” William said kneeling down on the balcony beside her America Rebecca Park will you marry me?” he asked looking up from her having produced a beautiful studded ring.

“What?”  She asked surprised by his question “where did this come from?  When did you start feeling like this?”  She asked in rapid succession.

“Will you marry me” he repeated himself “you know how I feel it’s been fun together but I know you miss home” he said she’d spoken of the Magistracy several times over the last few months often wondering if she’d given up her career for the bashed up WarShip.  “I want you to make a new home on Subtlety, with me” he said she could see it in his eyes he was serious not just feeling sorry for her.

“You’re serious?”  She asked still shocked William hadn’t moved from his kneeling position.

“I’m serious” he said “I bought this three months ago on Harmony, I’ve brought you to the Garden of the Gods one of the most beautiful places on New Olympica” he said looking out over the mountains “but Commander it is up to you.”  He said more formally reminding her of what she could still have.  The two of them had danced around this for months having fun together as a couple while also serving the Subtlety and the College.  Now William Leroy-Dietrich wanted to take it a step further like he’d seen others of his crew do they’d talked together about renovating part of the cargo bay on board the Subtlety into new training rooms and accommodation William had even made note that such a renovation could include space for larger staterooms which she hadn’t thought much about before but now it made more sense.

“Yes” she said suddenly still looking down at him “yes I’ll marry you” she said agreeing to his proposal.  The ring slipped onto her finger fitting perfectly, how he’d guessed her size she had no idea, but she didn’t care as the Captain rose to his feet and met her lips with his.

The two spent another two weeks together in the Garden of the Gods enjoying the winter sports on offer in the mountains while enjoying each others company.  Their time on New Olympica was shared by dozens of others from their travelling college while in space the Subtlety, their aerospace fighters and DropShips trained against and with the Star League Defence Forces in system.
« Last Edit: 06 July 2016, 15:04:05 by Dragon Cat »

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #171 on: 06 July 2016, 17:42:46 »
Nice update, and geez did you add a lot of new worlds to the map this time.  :D

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #172 on: 06 July 2016, 18:46:27 »
I am surprised that the WoB or the cappies had not try to take out this ship yet.  great  update looking forward to more. 

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #173 on: 07 July 2016, 00:41:53 »
Here's hoping that the DCMS does not rebuild the disgraced Ninth SoL. It was built from the shattered remains of the dishonourable 2nd SoL, IIRC
« Last Edit: 07 July 2016, 00:43:39 by Sharpnel »
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #174 on: 07 July 2016, 11:35:51 »
Great update, the Falcons are really scraping the bottom of the barrel now, and I bet the Horses are looking at them as a mark now.

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #175 on: 07 July 2016, 23:12:51 »
I was kinda thinking the same thing (but have been for quite a while now), but on the other hand the LC has additional fronts in the RD/LC/DC conflict zone, against the Wolves, and it's looking like something might be brewing on the FWL side of things.  Combined, that may give the Falcons enough of a reprieve to catch their breath and reorganize to something more effective again.

On the other hand, the number of enemy units within striking distance of their worlds include at least 2 galaxies of Mountain Wolf Troops and roughly 9 regiments or RCTs of the LC, not to mention the soon to be there 5th Fed Suns Battlegroup and whatever the Archon can reposition to the Falcon front of the SLDF.

Edit: Considering the amount of resources being dedicated to this place, I'm starting to wonder if there's a massive hidden base/factory similar to what was on Outreach and that one world which had a manufacturing complex hidden under one of it's lakes (I forgot the name of it).

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #176 on: 08 July 2016, 06:09:02 »
I wonder if Burton's artificial arm will be like Allard's arm was.  Coming with surprises, and ability to pilot a battlemech.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #177 on: 08 July 2016, 16:26:55 »
Vition2 - those explorers got back to Terra, more from the Lyran border soon
cawest - Subtlety stayed away from the Capellan border, WoB are dead ;)
Sharpnel - they are dead
marauder648 - more from the Lyran border soon
Wrangler - we'll hear more on Burton in a bit

Bonus Time - Tukayyid planet profile I've not done one of these in a while and given that Touring the Stars is a canon product line here's my take on this system's path

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=53525.new#new

JA Baker

• Captain
  • Dreamer Of Dreams
« Reply #178 on: 10 July 2016, 13:27:45 »
Quick question: what do the Clans make of Bannister-Cameron?
"That's the thing about invading the Capellan Confederation: half a decade later, you want to invade it again"
-Attributed to First-Prince Hanse Davion, 3030

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #179 on: 10 July 2016, 22:51:00 »
Quick question: what do the Clans make of Bannister-Cameron?

Short answer not much they have never fought him in combat and although they are aware of the the Wasp's time jump they know that Bannister wasn't in line to rule the original Star League so he matters not much to them.

The Goliath Scorpions before they were crushed were interested in keeping him and the Second Royal Armoured Cavalry Division as a living monument to the SLDF basically treating them like gods for the rest of their lives but Bannister refused.

Register