Author Topic: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL) Part 2  (Read 247947 times)

Vition2

• Lieutenant
Re: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL) Part 2
« Reply #240 on: 29 July 2016, 10:36:58 »
Very nice, and yet another flare up between the FedSuns and the CapCon - not that it's unexpected, heh, wonder if Imarra Sortek is gonna end up acting as a go-between.

Also, I noticed that there are still quite a few DCMS units deployed to the border of the Raven Alliance, including 2 of the Genyosha regiments, I kinda wonder what's been going on over there - especially since both planets the Genyosha are on also have Raven units on them (Valentina and Pondicherry, iirc).

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #241 on: 29 July 2016, 12:51:05 »
Now I could say I cocked up with the unit assignments... but I didn't.  There was supposed to be a scene explaining why there was both on that planet and I might have accidentally removed it from the timeline thinking I didn't need it then forgot about the units.  Just maybe...  :-[

Border conflicts
Disputed Region
Periphery
8th May 3105

As the Magistracy of Canopus celebrate the birth of Magestix Ilsa Centrella’s third child Duke Albert Centrella the Magistracy of Canopus launches a major push into the disputed region between it and the Marian Hegemony.  Many of the worlds recently colonized as humanity spread across the periphery become battle grounds between the two periphery states.

The Magistracy of Canopus successfully claim Sundown, Cronkee, Ealen IV and Green hills while the Marians continue to hold Ruthersburg, Vixen and Monarch.  Fighting continues between the two states in a half a dozen other systems while pirate attacks continue to be at their highest in the area for more than thirty years.  The result of these increased pirate attacks sees the independent periphery systems of Oquiu and Caramaine abandoned due to the damage caused by pirates.  The Magistracy take both dead worlds as protectorates vowing to have both worlds recolonized by the end of the decade.

Clan Council
Council Chambers, City of Andrey
Tukayyid, Independent Clan Territory
14th May 3105

“The Rasalhague Dominion has the strongest of our Toumans which makes them believe that they can flaunt our ways” Khan Carl Heller said angrily looking around the chambers at his fellow Khans.  “Clan Coyote holds incontrovertible proof that Clan Ghost Bear has been experimenting with the use of command and coordination software.”

“That has been used against Inner Sphere targets only” Ragnar Magnesson Khan of the Gost Bears answered.

“You do not even deny it?”  Carl Heller said surprised at Magnesson’s admission.

“Neg, I do not deny the truth, Clan Ghost Bear has developed technology to combat the Inner Sphere.”

“C3 technology?”  Khan Teresia Cooper asked curious at Magnesson’s open admission.

“Aff the Inner Sphere has used it against us for years why should we not explore this technology?”

“Asks a freebirth” Khan Evangeline Clarke said quietly “he forgets to tell us that the Manei Domini used C3 technology…”  She said naming the destructive faction.

“Or that the Society still does” Carl Heller stated looking around the other Khans “the Society which took our Homeworlds uses a type of C3 known as the Nova CEWS.”  He said looking around them “it is what gives them an advantage when fighting against the true Clans of Kerensky.”

“How do you know this for fact Carl Heller?”  Canin Rosse of the Nova Cats asked

“Because a former Coyote Scientist helped develop the technology and has helped the Society to develop other weapons.  My Clan was unable to eliminate him before we retreated to the Inner Sphere.”  He admitted lowering his head.

“The Coyotes assisted the Society” Jana Pryde hissed angrily

“Neg, elements of my Clan’s Scientific Caste did.  They have been abjured from our Clan.”  He said looking around the room the shame of the Coyote association clear to the others.

“You will provide each of our Clans with data on this system Quiaff?”Amina Kerensky demanded she knew of the Coyotes history in the Homeworlds but the defection of Coyote scientists had been kept a secret.

“Aff we shall” Heller said

“Clan Coyote’s point on the C3 systems should stand” Teresia Cooper said nodding at the Coyote leader her Clan had lost nearly two Galaxies when the Clans abandoned the homeworlds.

“I agree development of C3 technology should not be pursued.”  Canin Rosse agreed Evangeline Clarke did not look convince but also nodded her agreement.

“We all agree the technology should be abandoned it has no place within our Clans” Khan Jana Pryde said looking at Khan Ragnar Magnesson “Khan Magnesson it is your right to declare a Trial of Refusal on our decision?”

“Neg, we will not contest this decision, I will order the technology and all units using it to be placed in a Brian Cache and sealed away.”  Magnesson said nodding to the other Clans showing that the Bears despite their strength were willing to abide by decision made by all of the Clans.

Occupied Militia Base, Oro
El Dorado, New Avalon Operational Area
Crucis March, Federated Suns
18th May 3105

The majority of Warrior House Sortek, their tech staff and DropShip crew were in one of the main briefing rooms of the main Administration block while those who were on duty were connected by commlink and could add their comments and thoughts if they wished.  For the last three hours they had gone in circles.  “They could be lying to us Kathil is determined to separate our house or it could be a plot off Robinson to forward the goals of the traitor.”  Captain Richard Winnie, one of the oldest members of the command said.

“How can you say that?  We have unrestricted access to their communications grid.  Unless these people have subverted the communications of an entire world everything points to the Federated Suns existing as a nation with New Syrtis, Robinson and New Avalon all still under Davion…”

“Steiner-Davion” another interrupted him “according to their history Hanse Davion married Melissa Steiner in the past.”  She said

“Not at all an example of cradle-snatching if I’ve ever heard of one” Vincent Sortek Imarra’s younger brother said gaining an annoyed look from the Warrior House Leader.  “What?”  He asked feigning innocence “she was eighteen and good old Hanse was forty-five why he didn’t marry that battle-axe Katrina I don’t understand.”  Imarra noted that her brother had accepted the history provided to them and was ready to move on others didn’t look convinced.

“And the Succession Lords allowed the rebirth of the Terran Hegemony?  Can anyone really say that makes sense the rebirth of a nation that has sapped worlds from each of the states around them?”  Leftenant Chin Li Sunn the unit’s political officer said, he was one of the largest voices in the command that their place was in the Confederation regardless of who was running it.  “One of the most recent discussions was about the transfer of Elgin, Hsien and Zurich to the control and protection of the Star League Defence Force.”  He said glancing around “not through combat but through trade!  This nation is led by a man who willingly gives up control over his planets releasing them to another nation.”

“It’s not quite the same thing” Vincent Sortek complained “the Federated Suns is part of the Star League they will still have access to the planets and freedom of travel there.  This simply allows them to redeploy defences to other areas of the nation.”

“If the Star League was so good then they wouldn’t need to redeploy their forces” Li Sunn pointed out.

“Well unfortunately Kerensky wasn’t assassinated so his descendants are causing problems for the people here and the Capellan Confederation fell out with the Star League.  So maybe they are redeploying to smack some of you bastards around the face.”  Vincent said raising to his face Li Sunn immediately was on his feet as well his hand on the hilt of his ceremonial boa sword his eyes on Imarra looking for support away from the oppressive political policies of the Confederated Suns her brother’s anti-Sian/Liao views were released.  She knew that this divide extended throughout her unit with the majority dedicated to House Sortek and reclaiming their homeland on New Avalon while others thought the Confederated Suns should concentrate on holding what worlds it still had, which were less and less of the Federated Suns core territories as time went by.

“Where we are and where we are going are less important than keeping true to each other” Imarra said rising to her feet “if this Warrior House turns on itself then we each betray our oaths to each other and ourselves.”  She said looking at each of them “for myself I wish to see home after that my choice about my future will be made.”  She said she was torn between her loyalty to the Chancellor Prince and her desire to see a New Avalon untouched by war.

Border trials
Draconis Combine/Raven Alliance fighting
20th May 3105

After several months of Trials contesting Pondicherry and Valentina with the Raven Alliance the Draconis Combine and Snow Ravens agree for Pondicherry to remain a Combine holding while Valentina becomes a world of the Raven Alliance.  During the time the two worlds had been contested by the two nations the fighting had been fought according to the Clan Dueling laws of Zellbrigen and the fighting had barely made the news and the Snow Ravens had allowed any Combine citizen who wished to leave Valentina to do so.  This solution that the two nations had found had stopped the prospect of total war but allowed their forces to flex their muscles and train with live weapons against their neighbours.

Tour Krupp Armament Works
Stutgart, Germany
Terra, Star League Protectorate
26th May 3105

Walking around the the Krupp Armament Works Prince Burton Davion looked at the line of Nyx Light BattleMechs that were in the final stages of checks before being deployed to the SLDF.  The trip was a nice break from the physical therapy he was still undergoing with his replaced arm the smell of the BattleMech factory of metal and oil reminding him of being with a regiment on the field of battle.  The tour guide spoke about the Nyx BattleMechs and Krupp’s evolving production line as they walked around Burton tried to show he was fully interested in what was being said while going through the hand excersises with his myomer replacement limb the doctors assured him that in time he wouldn’t notice the difference between the limb and his flesh and blood arm but he wasn’t convinced.  As he flexed the wrist fully he heard and felt a a series gunshots as his guide and both Davion Guardsmen that were wish him were cut down by an assailant who was moving down from one of the Nyx BattleMechs “We don’t need you here Succession Lord scum!  Free Terra!” The man shouted raising the gun towards Burton the Prince reflexisvely raised his left arm and charged the man as gun shots rang out they slammed into the Myomer arm Burton felt the shots hit his arm and his brain registed he was being shot at but he didn’t feel the pain associated with real shots.  As he reached the attacker Burton swung out with his flesh and blood right arm striking the man over the face with a punch the man recoiled then tried to come back at him but Burton was already in motion punching out with his left arm hooking the man in the face he lost grip of the gun and it went flying to the side but was not done yet kicking out catching Burton in the ribs.

“I’m no threat to you” Burton said raising his hands to defend himself trying to defuse the situation.

“Your presence here is not wanted Terra is not a place for you.  Blake’s will demand I defend our holy ground!”  The man shouted he sounded like he was reading from a religious text or something.

“I don’t care about your holy ground!”  Burton shouted back the anger building in him.

“Exactly you cannot appreciate this world for what it is, the birthplace of humanity, the crowning glory of all we have accomplished.”  He said drawing a knife at Burton slashing it at him cutting through Burton’s blue business suit.  The Prince was completely unarmed not expecting to get into a fight today.  He knew both of the Guardsmen had weapons but by the time he got their weapons he’d be dead instead he lashed out with his right arm punching the man again then swung out with his left arm attempting to knock the attacker’s knife arm away.  As he did he grabbed at the man’s arm but failed to grip it instead he raked his fingers over the man’s arm forcing it and the knife away.  The man recoiled suddenly raising his arm Burton could see several cuts running down his arm.  “What the hell are you?!”  He screamed looking at the Prince.  Burton was just as shocked as he looked at the arm from each of the fingers claws had extended from the finger tips.

“Your nightmare” Burton said trying to act like he knew about the claws before now “stand down or else” he said the man did not stop instead coming in with another kick.  Deflecting the blow with his left arm he raked the claws over the man’s leg ripping open the coverall “stand down!” He demanded but the man kept coming.  Burton and his attacker continued to circle for several moments exchanging blows as Krupp Corporate Security rushed to the site.  “Stand the hell down!”  Burton shouted again as the Security Guards raised their weapons the attacker however ripped oven the front of his coveralls revealing a suicide vest underneath Burton and the others dived out of the way behind equipment and tool boxes as suddenly the would be assassin exploded turning the man into a short lived fireball.

Several hours later Burton was sitting in the lounge of his villa in the south of France with Sterling McKenna-Davion in his arms.  He didn’t know if it was conscious or not but she was on his right side away from the myomer limb.  “Apparently it is a feature of the model they fitted me with it’s designed to be used as a climbing tool.”

“And they did not tell you?”  Sterling asked angrily

“It was supposed to be disabled electronically but the doctors said that each arm adapted differently to its host body.”  He said raising the arm in front of him with the palm facing him a moment later the claws extended he felt them extend and he felt Sterling jump a little bit seeing the claws for the first time.  “Apparently the more I use them the more I will be able to control it” he said retracting the claws his myomer skin covering the slits automatically before activating them again.  “I’ve had this arm for weeks but now it feels more foreign than ever.  I don’t know if I can control it.”

“It is still yours, your mind controls it, and you would never do anything to hurt us.” Sterling said reaching out with her own right arm as her arm approached his the claws retracted allowing her fingers to slip between his Burton not realizing he’d retracted the claws.  “You are in control of them” she promised her husband “you’d better be” she said turning his arm bringing his hand down onto her belly showing she trusted him. “We are going to need all four hands for three” she said.  Burton looked at his hand, Sterling’s belly and then at his wife’s face.  “It seems like we had an accident on Terra” she said blushing slightly as her lips curled into a smile.

“But your service time?”  He said thinking about her recent decision to join the Federated Suns Navy on a more full time basis she’d been looking forward to returning to the military life something she’d been missing since leaving the Snow Ravens.

“I guess it will just have to wait a little longer” she said leaning into him “I am alright with this” she whispered to him.  “But I think our time on Terra has come to an end.”  She said looking at his replacement arm “the people back home can help you as much as the people here.”  Burton nodded he didn’t trust the people on Terra after the revelation of the claws but he was glad to hear his wife refer to the Federated Suns as home.
« Last Edit: 01 August 2016, 10:57:37 by Dragon Cat »
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #242 on: 29 July 2016, 13:13:22 »

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #243 on: 29 July 2016, 21:58:47 »
Now I could say I cocked up with the unit assignments... but I didn't.  There was supposed to be a scene explaining why there was both on that planet and I might have accidentally removed it from the timeline thinking I didn't need it then forgot about the units.  Just maybe...  :-[

I won't mention the other couple that I found then, lol.  But great update again.  I'm curious about the number of people leaving Valentina though, I wonder how many believe they'll find a better life in the Raven Alliance as opposed to the Combine.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #244 on: 30 July 2016, 02:02:04 »
Great update as always, I think the Inner Sphere inadvertently dodged a bullet with the Clan's decision to abandon C3.  Nice stuff with Burton, I wonder what these Free Terra fundies are, closet Blakists or something else? 
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #245 on: 31 July 2016, 18:03:32 »
I'm confused, where did the Confederated Suns thing start coming out?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #246 on: 31 July 2016, 18:50:06 »
I'm confused, where did the Confederated Suns thing start coming out?

The Confederated Suns is a nation in the Empire's Aflame universe.  Warrior House Sortek is loyal to the Chancellor Prince David Davion-Liao they went on a little trip and got lost...
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #247 on: 31 July 2016, 21:40:08 »
Quote from: DOC_Agren on July 28, 2016, 03:02:44

Don't you just hate it when you miss jump and have no idea you did

I think they were more concerned with the failing orbit of their Davion II than where they'd jumped to

Quote from: JA Baker on July 28, 2016, 12:46:01

That has got to be the mother, father, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin and other assorted family members of miss-jumps  :D

Quote from: Wrangler on July 28, 2016, 13:52:35

Warrior House Sortek?  Wat....this isn't Empires Aflame?!?!  :D

Well...  O:-)

What just because the ship is well breaking up that they didn't notice they Misjumped, I'm not sure they would have beleived if they jumped in clean.  Look at how the Warrior House Sortek are taking to the news now.

And the sad thing is I know a gamer who dice rolls could have gotten him this Misjump

Now if the they jumped out of the AU, I wonder what are whom got sucked from Prime to the AU in return
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #248 on: 01 August 2016, 00:30:27 »
In the Marian/Canopian border conflict, you mention Green Hills being held by both.  Is it in dispute or did you intend to say the Canopians claimed Draco III or Hesduros?

Also, whoops, totally missed adding the dozen or so new worlds in the southwest periphery, they'll be in the next map.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #249 on: 01 August 2016, 06:38:04 »
The Confederated Suns is a nation in the Empire's Aflame universe.  Warrior House Sortek is loyal to the Chancellor Prince David Davion-Liao they went on a little trip and got lost...
I guess i missed you entry on House Sortek's JumpShip miss-jumping into your AU-Universe. :/
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #250 on: 01 August 2016, 11:01:26 »
I guess i missed you entry on House Sortek's JumpShip miss-jumping into your AU-Universe. :/

Reply 209

High Orbit
El Dorado, Crucis March
Federated Suns
28th March 3105

Vition2 - Green Hills is held by the Magistracy as is Ealen IV, Cronkee, Sundown and Hesduros with Oquiu and Caramaine effectively dead

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #251 on: 04 August 2016, 21:55:37 »
Diplomatic Visit, Subtelty (McKenna-class Battleship)
Marik, District of Marik
Free Worlds League
6th June 3105

Shortly after arriving in the Marik system the Subtelty Profitable Training College of Military Arts is visited by Captain-General Joseph Marik.  During his visit Joseph Marik, like previous leaders, attempts to recruit the training college however the Captain William Leroy-Dietrich refuses stating that the Subtlety will head for Outreach to pay their respects before heading to Galatea to officially register with the MRBC as a training institution.  Leroy-Dietrich does agree to keep the Subtlety in the system for two months training with the District of Marik forces.

Elsewhere in the Free Worlds League District of Lesnovo land on the periphery border worlds of Patrician and Astroskazy both planets had been fought over by the Marian Hegemony and the Magistracy of Canopus and were a hotbed of pirate activity.  The forces on Patrician are destroyed quickly by the disciplined District of Lesnovo troops however the fighting on Astrokaszy is far less clean cut.  The District of Lesnovo troops assigned to the planet’s conquest take heavy damage attempting to stop a lance of pirate BattleMechs carrying the number “7” even as the Free Worlds League troops try to corner this lance they open themselves to fire from other pirate groups.  For three months the District of Lesnovo attempt to bring Astrokazsy under the heel of the Free Worlds League losing the Second Rim Guardians Regiment before withdrawing.

Assassination Contract
Lothario, Lothian League
Periphery
18th June 3105

Shots rang out across the plaza as the leader of the Lothian League Amanda Logan was hit by three sniper shots.  Moments later a second round of shots took out two of her guards and hit Logan a fourth time even as medical teams rushed to the scene.  Security personnel moved in on the firing nest the Bounty Hunter was on the move jumping clear of the area in a green power armour suit. Even as the assassin tried to escape from the area two BattleMechs, an Ebon Jaguar and a Catapult, arrived at the end of the street keeping the defenders at a distance the Catapult’s Arrow IV artillery missile causing massive, and intentional, collateral damage as they began to withdraw.

For several hours Lothian League security and mercenary forces attempted to hunt down the Bounty Hunter and their BattleMech support but each time the Lothian forces got close to the assassin other a Pheonix Hawk or Shadow Hawk BattleMech would appear on their flanks before disappearing into a cloud of ECM interference disrupting the Lothian man hunt.

When the death of Amanda Logan was announced planet-wide the desire to chase the Bounty Hunter and his BattleMechs quickly diminished for the Lothian and mercenary forces allowing the mercenary assassin to disappear and escape the planet.  With the passing of Amanda Logan announced the Advisory Council on Lothario attempted to take control of the nation but eighteen year old Clarissa Logan, Amanda’s daughter, was already declaring herself the future “Mistress” of the League.

Perimetre Line, Militia Firebase
Oro, El Dorado
22nd June 3105

“Ban-zhang Li Sunn we are tracking unidentified BattleMechs on our Perimetre.” MechWarrior Tatyana Zheng Hong the second most senior member of his lance reported she was at the far side of their firebase on patrol.

“We will be there presently” Li Sunn promised turning his Lao Hu BattleMech towards her position along side him the Caesar which had been accompanying him turned as well Chin Li Sunn was glad to see the junior MechWarrior follow without being ordered to.  They crossed the distance within a few moments coming across Tatyana Hong’s Cataphract BattleMech and the Rifleman that completed their lance standing guard.  “Have they moved?”

“Standard patrol movements we believe there is an Enforcer III and another fifty ton design we cannot identify out there.”  Hong reported as they arrived

“Very good” Li Sunn said activating two controls on his BattleMech’s computer “this is Leftenant Li Sunn of the Warrior House Sortek to unidentified BattleMechs respond or be destroyed.”  He commanded smiling when there was no response, there would be no response, after the coming battle his BattleMech’s computers would be analysed and they would show that his Mech sent a transmission to their enemy but no message had ever been sent his lance-mates would simply have been following his lead.  He disabled the override command and swapped back to his lance only channel “Sunn Lance pursue and destroy intruders” he ordered each of his Mech’s none of them questioned his orders.

The four heavy Mechs of the lance moved forward beyond their designated patrol routes and into weapons range with the unidentified Mechs.  Without hesitation Chin Li Sunn pulled the triggers for his LRM rack and ER Large Laser beside him the Caesar fire its own gauss rifle while the Rifleman struck out with paired light particle cannons.  The only Mech not to fire was the lance’s Cataphract which was not yet in range of the two Mechs even with only three of his Mechs firing the effect on the Enforce III was devastating as they weapons tore the Mech’s left leg and right arm completely off the Mech.  Even as the Enforcer III fell Li Sunn fired his Mech’s LB-type Autocannon at the Medium Mech sandblasting it with a cluster shot shredding armour across the BattleMech including the BattleMech’s head Li Sunn smiled ferally seeing the hit and taking the time to watch the Enforcer III fall to the ground he was rapidly brought back to the present when autocannon fire tore into the left side of his Mech fired from the other fast moving BattleMech.  Twisting his Lao Hu’s torso to look at the Mech it looked similar to the Lyran Blitzkrieg with a single large cannon over its shoulder and capable of high speeds.  The BattleMech was running fast around his formation peppering them with Rotary autocannon fire the pilot was obviously very experienced “walking” his autocannon from one target to the next as he turned.  Li Sunn watched as the Cataphract stepped forward blasting the enemy Mech with its own LB-type autocannon not enough to knock the Mech down but enough to make the pilot decide that they wished to disengage from this battle with the BattleMech turning and turning to escape.  Li Sunn was tempted to let the Mech go and carry word of Warrior House Sortek’s battle prowess but he never got a choice to make that decision as the Caesar fire its gauss rifle and particle cannon at the retreating Mech’s back both shots penetrated the rear torso of the Mech coring through the BattleMech’s fusion engine shielding causing it to explode.  “Li Sunn to command we’ve had an incident on the perimeter two BattleMechs have been destroyed by my lance.”

Several hours later Leftenant Li Sunn stood in front of Warrior House Leader Imarra Sortek.  “I just had an extended discussion with Marshal Goddard” she said “they have no record of your transmission.”

“I sent that communication!”  Li Sunn said defensively.  “My BattleMech’s records will confirm the communication.”

“Yes our analysis does point to that, unfortunately neither of the AFFS Mechs confirms it…”

“Doctored records!”  Li Sunn said “they are trying to make us look like an aggressor!”

“I cannot rule out that” Sortek admitted rising from her chair “which is why the Seventh New Avalon Guards have agreed to withdraw a further three hundred metres from our perimeter…”

“We should extend our patrols…” Li Sunn began seeing an opportunity the AFFS obviously had no stomach losses in combat.

“No” Sortek said “our patrols being too close to the AFFS patrols caused this problem once it will not happen again do you understand me Leftenant?”  She asked looking at him Li Sunn was quite sure that she knew what he had done, but that his override had taken away the evidence.

“Yes sir” he said now knew that she wouldn’t be convinced again and that she had accepted the fact that they were in the Federated Suns and that she was leading their unit into accepting this nation he could not see his Warrior House betray their oath to the Chancellor and he would not.  “I shall disseminate these orders to the command.”

“Thank you, Leftenant, you are dismissed.”  She said he saluted in the traditional Capellan way and then left the room.  She hadn’t expected him to act on his dislike for their current situation but obviously she’d been wrong it was something that would need monitored.

Across the continent the Seventh New Avalon Guards RCT redeploys giving Warrior House Sortek more room elsewhere in the Federated Suns the AFFS push the Capellan Confederation back into their own territory.  Unlike previous border conflicts the AFFS does not push into the Capellan Confederation instead content to clear the Federated Suns of a Capellan presence.

Elsewhere in the Inner Sphere the Rasalhague Dominion push the Draconis Combine forces off their worlds while also securing the Lyran worlds of Dalkeith and Sakhalin pushing Steiner and Kurita forces off these systems.

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #252 on: 04 August 2016, 23:38:23 »
Nice update!  Looks like Ban-zhang Li Sunn needs to know the current realities of politics in this Inner Sphere!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #253 on: 05 August 2016, 07:55:20 »
Fun Update!

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #254 on: 07 August 2016, 00:19:52 »
Great update :)  seems the new Bounty Hunter's really taken to his job and is as ruthless as the preceeding one(s).

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #255 on: 07 August 2016, 14:57:14 »
This was done by marauder648 and Vition2 I've chosen to not modify it at all essentially it is an in universe perspective from operatives of the Draconis Combine.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=53986.msg1243923#msg1243923

MarikMilitaMan

• Sergeant
  • The Kendall Hammers
« Reply #256 on: 07 August 2016, 16:28:41 »
This was done by marauder648 and Vition2 I've chosen to not modify it at all essentially it is an in universe perspective from operatives of the Draconis Combine.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=53986.msg1243923#msg1243923

Interesting read.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #257 on: 08 August 2016, 18:06:55 »
Command Meeting, Fire Base
Oro, El Dorado
8th July 3105

Leftenant Chin Li Sunn sat in his BattleMech cockpit and watched as as the Deusenburg Luxury Hovercraft, two Templar III OmniMechs and three squads of Battle Armour all baring the insignia of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns entered the fire base held by Warrior House Sortek.  His hands tensed on the triggers as he followed the hovercraft all it would take is one volley and the craft would disappear forever and his Warrior House would have its place.  He knew that it would also be the last thing he did if he fired Warrior House Leader Imarra Sortek had ordered free passage for the AFFS representatives even his own lance would fire on him for directly breaking her orders.

The hovercraft pulled up alongside the main administration building with the two Templar III OmniMechs and several of the Battle Armour troops standing guard around the limo and beside the front of the administration building.  Three figures dressed in AFFS uniforms exited the hovercraft and made their way up into the main building inside they were met by Warrior House Leader Imarra Sortek and her brother Vincent Sortek.  “Welcome I am Warrior House Leader Imarra Sortek and this is my brother Vincent.” she said greeting them Vincent remained silent bowing slightly.

“I am Marshal Duncan Goddard commander of the forces arrayed around you” the first said he was in his fifties but looked fit and most likely still an active fighter despite his rank.

“I thank you for your restraint thus far I have no wish to see this world turned into a battlefield.”

“Nor do I” he admitted his forces severely outnumbered hers so badly it would not be a fight.  “Allow me to introduce Field Marshal Bishop Sortek commander of the Royal Brigade of Davion Guards” he said stepping to one side revealing the old man standing behind him.  Immediately Imarra Sortek bowed her head.

“Elder Sortek” she said seeing the man properly for the first time showing him the respect he was due.

“No lass I’m not the Elder you are looking for” the old man said with a small smile. “I am just an old soldier ready for his retirement” he said slowly Imarra raised her head again looking at him properly Sortek looked the same but the fire that lit Elder Bishop Sortek’s eyes was not there instead there was a weathered soldier who although old looked dangerous.

“And Field Marshal Conner Sortek the commander of the First Davion Guards” Marshal Goddard said immediately Vincent took several steps forward.

“Son of the Traitor” the younger Warrior House Sortek said stepping towards the youngest of the three men.  He was older than Vincent and looked close to Imarra’s own age just like his namesake, Conner Sortek the Duke of Robinson in her universe serving the Draconis Combine.

“Vincent!” Imarra commanding him to stop with a single use of his name a disciplined Warrior House officer Vincent stopped short of reaching Conner Sortek who had not moved a single step.  “This is not our… place” she said trying to find the correct words looking at Conner Sortek the blonde hair was there but the scar running down through his left eye was missing in fact all of the dis-figuration on that side of his face was missing, this was not their Conner Sortek.  If any of the Warrior House needed proof that they were no longer in the Confederation Suns then this should be proof of that fact.

“My father was not a traitor her died serving this nation” Conner Sortek replied angrily staring at Vincent Sortek his father Arden Sortek was not a traitor.

“Please accept my apologies for my brother” Imarra said imposing herself between Conner and Vincent.  “Where we are from Duke Arden Sortek sold out the Sandoval family to House Kurita and was installed as Duke of Robinson before being assassinated.  You...”  She explained before stopping “Conner Sortek was badly burned by the same assassin.”  She turned to Vincent Sortek “control yourself these are not the same people we know” she said “how am I supposed to convince our command of the differences if I can’t even convince you?” Her brother took several steps backwards and seemed to be calming down.

“We all have many adjustments to make.”  Vincent said bowing his head slightly towards Conner.

“I would like to offer an olive branch that could help your progress in making that adjustment.”  Bishop Sortek said speaking up gaining all their attention “First Prince Davion has granted this request so it is solely up to Warrior House Sortek to agree.”  He said informing them Victor Steiner-Davion wanted them off El Dorado and although it had taken some convincing he’d finally agreed that this was the best course.  “I would like Warrior House Sortek to join me on New Avalon at the the Sortek family residence.  You will monitored by the AFFS units on New Avalon but you will be allowed to keep your DropShips and your equipment.”

“One position of house arrest to another…” Vincent began

“New Avalon” Imarra whispered her mind being cast back to the last time she’d been on New Avalon on the burned grounds of House Sortek which were still occupied by the Draconis Combine.  “We will accept” she said looking at her brother for a long moment Vincent finally nodded his agreement “our unit will be ready to move as soon as you are ready for us.”  She said to them caught up in the moment of returning to New Avalon.

“It may take some time to prepare but it will happen” Bishop promised the two younger Sorteks.

Border Battle, Contested Zone
Draconis Combine/Lyran Commonwealth border
21st July 3105

The conflicted zone between the Lyran Commonwealth, the Draconis Combine and Rasalhague Dominion comes to an end as each of the three nations withdraws from conflicted planetary systems.  The Lyrans are able to retain Phalan and Eaglesham while the Draconis Combine continues to control Shionoha and Cabalrai while also capturing Corridan IV, Yed Posterlor and Baxter from the Lyran Commonwealth.

Break-out, Failing Karuna (Lung Wang)
Oro, El Dorado
26th July 3105

“Deploy those loyal to us on all decks” Leftenant Chin Li Sunn said looking at the other members of Warrior House Sortek loyal to him and to the idea of returning to the Confederation Li Sunn had convinced them all that it was their only path.  “I will secure the bridge” he promised them “we will then take this ship to a jump point commandeer a JumpShip and return to the grace of the Chancellor.”  He said they all nodded their agreement and began to head for their positions throughout the ship while Chin headed for the ship’s control bridge.  For the last two weeks their unit had done everything that the AFFS had asked of them taking steps towards preparing for their trip to New Avalon it was steps too far for Chin and the others.

It took him less than ten minutes to make his way through the DropShip and clear security checkpoints without firing a shot behind him those loyal to Chin following him overpowering the ship’s complement quickly bloodlessly.  Entering the bridge he drew his sidearm just as the ship’s commander turned to face him “what is the meaning of this?”  The man demanded looking at Chin’s pistol.

“Captain Vedder you are to taxi this vessel to take off and you are to take us out of the atmosphere.  We will head towards the jump point and from there use JumpShip to take us into the Capellan Confederation.”  He said explaining his plan Captain Vedder looked angry at the proposal which made Chin more determined to succeed his Warrior House needed to be shown the true path of all Warrior Houses.  “I have people on all decks and much of your crew are with us.”

“Preposterous” Vedder said dismissing the idea that they would sign on with Chin Li Sunn against him.

“No Captain we all want this”

“Not all of us” Warrior House Leader Imarra Sortek said stepping into view from another enterance her weapon drawn and aimed at him.  “There are those within your movement still loyal to me they told me about your plan, Chin, my people have surrounded this vessel and other decks are being contacted to surrender.  This did not have to happen Chin we should have worked together.”  She said trying to convince him to stand down.

“There is no place in your future Warrior House.  We will not surrender!” Chin said angrily his weapon not leaving Captain Vedder.

“You have no choice…” Imarra Sortek began

A shot rang out…

Blood smeared the cockpit windows as the shot fired from Chin Li Sunn’s weapon impacted with Captain Vedder’s head killing the man instantly.  Even as Vedder’s corpse began to fall Chin was turning towards Imarra Sortek but he wasn’t quick enough to land a blow before she fired a succession of shots was exchanged between the two of them with one hitting Imarra Sortek’s shoulder knocking her down but several shots hit the traitorous Leftenant.  Even as Imarra Sortek struggled back to her feet she could see that Chin Li Sunn was down and would not be getting back up she leveled her weapon at his body.

“That was a mistake” she said angrily trying to ignore the pain from her shoulder she pulled the trigger of her pistol several times shooting Chin’s downed form she knew why he had done what he had.  By forcing the Warrior House Leader to kill him he had martyred himself for his cause the other rebellious men and women onboard the Failing Karuna surrendered shortly after hearing of their leader’s demise but his death would have a far lasting effect.  Within her command there would always be questions asking if Chin Li Sunn had been correct by choosing his path instead of where the unit was now.  Imarra Sortek could not do anything about the decisions made by Chin Li Sunn for now all she could do is continue to prepare her unit for its move to New Avalon and to House Sortek’s territory there

Command Tent, 20th Arcturan Guards RCT
Outskirts Wolf City, Arc Royal
Arc Royal Theatre, Lyran Commonwealth
31st July 3105

“This decision will kill my Clan” Evan Kell, Khan of the Mountain Wolf Clan, said angrily looking at General of Armies Aiden Gray.

“The Jade Falcons hold more than half of this world, this is our only hope of bringing peace to our border.”  The General of Armies answered

“We can still win!” Kell said stepping closer to Gray who stood his ground against the younger man.

“And if we did that we would lose our entire border!” Gray replied “your units elsewhere are holding the Falcons in place we have showed elsewhere we can take territory from them if you move your units here then we give them room to move.”

“Arc Royal is key to my Clan’s future.”

“You have other facilities on Gallery” Gray said seeing Kell begin a rebuttal “we know they are more extensive than you have let on.”  He said the LIC didn’t know exactly what the Wolves had transferred there but it was suggested that the Mountain Wolves had a back-up Genetic Repository, Iron Wombs and a BattleMech construction facility.

“The Archon gave us territory to use as we desired” Kell said defensively

“Exactly you have worked to maintain your Clan’s strength” Gray said “losing Arc Royal will be a blow to our nation not just your Clan” he said understanding the Khan’s hurt “but if we are victorious we will buy time to rebuild for your Clan and our nation.”

“It is a decision that should not have been made without us…” Kell began but Gray broke in.

“This is the Lyran Commonwealth this decision was made to secure a Lyran future.”  He said reaching for the radio transmitter “Jade Falcons this is Aiden Gray General of Armies for the Lyran Commonwealth.  I am on Arc Royal and wish to challenge you to a Trial of Possession over this world.”

“General this is saKhan Beckett Malthus commander of the Jade Falcon forces on this world.”  The thick accented Clan warrior replied “state your terms” he said.

“A Trial of Possession for control over this world and one to determine the end to this conflict between us.”  Aiden Gray stated “our forces will battle for Possession over this and you and I will battle for the future of this conflict.  If you win you kill the General of Armies of the Lyran Commonwealth and cripple my nation regardless of your victory on Arc Royal.”

“And if you win General Gray?”

“I win a two year peace with the Jade Falcons following your defeat.”

“You cannot be serious to end this war with a single victory?”

“I am very serious” Gray answered “the joint Clan invasion of the Inner Sphere was stopped by a single Trial between Victor Steiner-Davion and Lincoln Osis during the Great Refusal.”

“This is not the Great Refusal this is Jade Falcon against Lyran Commonwealth! Before the Great Refusal there were battles between all the Clans.”

“If you do not think you can defeat me then we can continue to pound each others militarizes until they are no more.”  Gray said taunting his enemy “maybe the Jade Falcons participated in the Great Refusal only because the other Clans stood beside them.”  Gray said despite the situation he couldn’t help but smile “it was the same on Tukayyid wasn’t it you only fought that battle because the other Clans…”

“SILENCE!”  Malthus shouted into the communications system losing his temper.  “You wish to fight me Aiden Gray then we will fight!  Select your best company you will face my Keshik in open battle.  And inform your best commanders that they will face mine in battle for this world.”  He said cutting the transmission Aiden Gray turned to Evan Kell and smiled.

“Accepted” Aiden Gray said after a moment letting Malthus sweat for a moment “we will fight in three days south of Wolf City.”

“Seyla” the Jade Falcon saKhan said finally before cutting off the communications system.

“You will battle the Jade Falcons over Possession of Arc Royal” Gray said looking at Evan Kell who looked surprised “you know this world better than I and you have a vested interest in keeping this world in our Possession.”  He explained taking a moment “while I have an interest in ending the conflict against the Lyran Commonwealth permanently so I will face the saKhan.”  He said Kell nodded his understanding “over the next few days I suggest you continue to evacuate Mountain Wolf equipment and civilians to Gallery” he said Kell did not look happy with Gray’s suggestion that he would fail.  “A precaution” Gray explained “I do not wish to see the Mountain Wolves crippled by a fluke victory by the Falcons.”

“I understand” Kell said trying to hide his frustration with Gray’s lack of confidence in his Mountain Wolves and their other forces.  “I will also broadcast to any mercenary units still not involved in battle to evacuate the planet along with the civilians.”

“That may be a prudent choice.”  Gray admitted there was no guarantees that in three days time the Lyran Commonwealth would stand victorious in either battle Arc Royal could fall today and in a few months Tharkad, Coventry, Donegal and Arcturus could all be threatened.

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #258 on: 08 August 2016, 18:38:09 »
*Grumbles about being left with a cliffhanger* I was gonna be back anyways. =p

Very interesting month, I had been wondering what was going on with the Falcon/Commonwealth war, and the strangeness happening with the weirdness on El Dorado could lead to some interesting stuffs.

One question though, Accrington in the GB/LC/DC warzone, with whom did it end up?

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #259 on: 08 August 2016, 20:03:01 »
 ;D Wow, what an update! 

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #260 on: 09 August 2016, 01:19:25 »
Curse your cliffhanger! Great update though!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #261 on: 09 August 2016, 07:32:10 »
Another chapter in arguably the best fan-fiction of Battletech!

JA Baker

• Captain
  • Dreamer Of Dreams
Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL) Part 2
« Reply #262 on: 09 August 2016, 14:26:36 »
How far out from Arc Royal are the Davion battle wagons?
"That's the thing about invading the Capellan Confederation: half a decade later, you want to invade it again"
-Attributed to First-Prince Hanse Davion, 3030

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #263 on: 09 August 2016, 15:02:56 »
Great update.

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #264 on: 09 August 2016, 16:00:44 »

Probably less than three days.  #P

Really though, they are a few months overdue according to the original expected timeline - which I think was March-April - though lots of stuff could have happened to slow things down.  On the other hand, they might not be worth sending in, a pair of Falcon battleships (even damaged) could give them a serious run for their money, and the Falcons have a few ships who's actual location is unknown (2 Patriot Heavy Cruisers, 2 Peregrine II Corvettes, and Peregrine I Corvette) and their Mississippi could be fully repaired by now (depending on how damaged it was to begin with, though the combat it saw seems to suggest mostly armor damage).

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #265 on: 11 August 2016, 16:55:02 »

One question though, Accrington in the GB/LC/DC warzone, with whom did it end up?

Accrington is a Rasalhague Dominion holding

Curse your cliffhanger! Great update though!

It was a cliffhanger or wait probably until today to get an update.  I didn't want to rush writing the fight

Another chapter in arguably the best fan-fiction of Battletech!

Why thank you there is plenty good fan-fiction for BattleTech it makes this a wonderful universe to have fun with

The original estimate was Late 3105 we're in August, expect them between October and December

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #266 on: 13 August 2016, 00:35:41 »
Trial of Possession, Arc Royal
Arc Royal Theatre, Donegal Province
Lyran Commonwealth
3rd August 3105

Fighting roared over the surface of Arc Royal as the Lyran Commonwealth, Mountain Wolves along with some select mercenary commands fought to determine the fate of Arc Royal and the war between the Lyran Commonwealth and Clan Jade Falcon.

General Aiden Gray was in an unfamiliar position the Falcons were not fighting as their Clan normally did and his company were on the back-foot, they had been since they began fighting with the Falcons their more mobile units keeping his heavy and assault force under attack from all directions.  With his customized Zeus in the centre of the formation Gray had kept his company together as they moved towards the Falcon deployment zone at the other-side of a massive nature reserve.  From the Falcon harassing attacks he’d lost a Battlemaster, a Penetrator and a Viking while destroying a Jade Falcon Shadow Cat and a Kestrel both OmniMechs but hardly an equal exchange.  He hoped that Khan Evan Kell and the other defenders were having a better battle against the Falcons.

As they approached the Falcon deployment zone Aiden Gray readied his weapons “watch our flanks” he called out as he saw the Falcons had not remained at the deployment zone.  So far the Jade Falcon attacks were atypical of what the Lyrans had come to expect of the Falcons who generally fought in a stand-up battle facing an enemy from the front.

“Behind us!” The Salamander pilot shouted a warning as laser and autocannon fire hammered the rear of the BattleMech.  Aiden Gray turned to look and saw two Gyrfalcon BattleMechs jumping back out of range leaving the damaged Salamander to turn with the company.  “Why don’t they fight?”  The pilot demanded

“Keep your head Wilson” Aiden said looking at his sensors for the Falcons who again had disappeared “everyone listen we have the Falcons at a disadvantage in tonnage and they know it so they are playing the long game they are trying to whittle us down we cannot let them the Commonwealth is counting on us.”  He said trying to rally his troops as their sensors detected incoming Falcons a Turkina and Tomahawk OmniMechs accompanied by an Onager, Cygnus and Hellstar BattleMechs.

“Holy…” someone began to say before Aiden spoke up.

“Can it!”  The General of armies called out there were three Mechs still missing from the Jade Falcon line up but even though those five assault Mechs carried significant firepower.  “Charlie take what you have left up and join me we’re taking them on.  Mike swing your lance around them and try and hit their backs but keep an eye out for the rest of them.”  He ordered effectively turning his company into two lances.  He’d have his Zeus, a Zeus X, the damaged Salamander a King Crab and a Fafnir against the assault lance suddenly the confidence he held before that he had superior tonnage didn’t feel so good.  “We just need to be better shots boys and girls hammer them!”

Between the two sides weapons fire was exchanged particle cannons, lasers, autocannons and missiles flew stuck BattleMechs on both sides.  Aiden steered away from becoming focused on a single target instead he tried to help the other guardsmen standing with him together they took down the eighty-five ton Cygnus with some light damage done to the Zeus X and the Fafnir taking heavy damage to its left leg.  Mike Sutton reported his scout lance had destroyed one of the Gryfalcon BattleMechs but he’d lost the other three Mechs of his command to a Summoner II OmniMech which had appeared from nowhere.  “Come join the rest of us Mike, we need to hold together” Aiden said as the two sides pulled back giving the General a moment to take stock both sides had six Mechs left and there was fight in both sides.

As Mike’s Stiletto OmniMech rejoined the other BattleMechs they moved forward together “time to throw them off guys, you know the game plan, good luck to you all.”  He said they had decided before the battle to approach the final engagement in a particular way if at all possible.  Stepping clear of the others Aiden Gray activated his comms “I am Aiden Gray I challenge saKhan Beckett Malthus to a duel one on one.”  He said moment’s later Mike Sutton spoke up challenging the Gyrfalcon pilot followed by the others calling the Falcons out using their own honour rules.

“I am Beckett Malthus what is this Aiden Gray?”  The Jade Falcon replied after several moments of silence between the two groups.  Aiden saw the Summoner II step forwards he knew it was the Jade Falcon saKhan and passed to all his units his next command even as the saKhan spoke “you think we will honour your challenges after the way you have fought?”  He asked before continuing “this is a fight to the death there will be no duels.”

“Fire!” Aiden Gray commanded ignoring saKhan Malthus all six of his remaining Mechs fired on the Summoner II now standing clear of the other Jade Falcon Mechs.  Even as fire ripped into the seventy ton OmniMech knocking it to the ground particle cannons, lasers and autcannons flew from the other Jade Falcon Mechs striking all six of the Lyran Mechs.  The Fafnir was the first to fall as particle cannon fire burned through its armour destroying both of the Heavy Gauss Rifles there causing massive internal explosions.  “Hold it together!”  Gray shouted into his comms as laser and autocannon fire from the Gyrfalcon tore through the armour and cockpit of Mike Sutton’s Stiletto and then the Gryfalcon was shredded by long range missiles from the Lyran Salamander.

In the centre of the Jade Falcon battle-line the Summoner II tried to get back to its feet only to be struck by plasma rifle and autocannon fire from Aiden’s King Crab which was marching with a purpose towards the Jade Falcons.  “No” Aiden whispered before deciding to support the MechWarrior “COVER HIM!”  He shouted a warning to his other two remaining Mechs.  The Zeus X and Salamander pilots combined with Aiden to bring down the Onager as the King Crab pilot walked right up to the Tomahawk opening fire on the assault OmniMech at point blank range with everything it had as the Tomahawk did the same.  Both one hundred ton designs disappeared in balls of flames as the two MechWarriors ignored the damage done to their Mechs and kept firing until both were destroyed in a huge explosion as their ammunition bins exploded.

“This is Aiden Gray to the remaining Falcons you have fought well you do not have to continue this fight” he said as the Turkina pilot opened fire on his Zeus autocannon, particle cannon and long range missile fire tore into the General’s BattleMech with several missiles slamming into the cockpit of his Mech the entire right hand side of his cockpit flashed and sparked burning Aiden’s arm.  Madison Stuart’s Zeus X charged between Aiden and the Turkina absorbing a second salvo of missiles and autocannon fire buying the General time to recover from the first attack.  As Madison struggled to keep her Mech standing and failed the eighty ton Mech falling to the ground even as Aiden opened fire with his Mech’s clan made particle cannon and extended long range missiles hurting the Turkina.  Long range missile fire from their Salamander caused further damage but the ninety-five ton Falcon OmniMech stood firm standing up to the punishment being dealt by the three Steiner BattleMechs.

Particle cannon fire from the Jade Falcon Hellstar burned through the heavy ferro-fibrous armour covering Aiden’s Zeus’ left leg damaging the internal structure there.  “Adam buy us time” he ordered the Salamander pilot.

“I’m down to the last few salvos” the pilot replied but it didn’t stop him turning his guns on the distant Hellstar firing at it with his long range missiles immediately it showed he’d gotten the Clanner’s attention as particle cannons burned over the Salamander in a ferocious counter-attack.

“Do what you can” Aiden said weakly he could feel the blood seeping from his injured arm but remained in the fight firing his particle cannon into the Turkina even as the OmniMech fired on him with both of its autocannons in scatter-shot mode.  Autocannon pellets exploded over the Zeus causing armour loss all over the BattleMech.  “Madie you alright?”  He asked seeing the Zeus X struggle to its feet.

“Engine shieldin’s gone not much left of her” she struggled bringing the Zeus X up Aiden could see a large gash in the torso running up towards the cockpit as the BattleMech stood.

“Are you hurt?”  He asked turning his Mech’s torso to track the moving Turkina.

“I’m fine” she replied turning her Mech firing its light gauss rifle and missiles at the Turkina.

“Pull back…” Aiden ordered just as the Salamander was hammered by particle cannon fire.

“There is no pulling back” Madison replied engaging the Zeus again Aiden followed suit causing heavy damage to the Turkina which wasn’t firing either of its long range missile launchers any more instead the Jade Falcon Mech launched into the air on its jump jets landing close to them the pilot kept his OmniMech running at the Lyran Mechs.  Both particle cannons flashed to life cutting into Madison’s Mech before jumping again midway through its jump the Turkina altered its flight path straight at Madison’s BattleMech.  The two Mechs collided at ferocious speed knocking down the Zeus X for a second time Aiden targeted the Turkina with his particle cannon and a medium x-pulse laser into the Clan Mech.  Despite the physical exchange between the Turkina and Madison’s downed Mech and Aiden’s fire the Turkina remained standing and fired both autocannons into Madison’s downed Mech straight into the Zeus X’s cockpit.

“You son-of-a-bitch!”  Aiden screamed angrily firing his particle cannon again heat washed into the eighty ton BattleMech’s cockpit as the man made lightning burned into the Turkina.  Aiden stepped forward and turned his Mech and slammed the BattleMech’s left arm into the assault OmniMech smashing its armour he pulled the trigger again firing at point blank destroying the Turkina’s gyroscope.  The ninety-five ton OmniMech lost its balance and fell to the ground like a drunken sailor who’d had one drink too much.

Even as Aiden Gray finished the Turkina Adam Gansa fired his last salvo of long range missiles into the enemy Hellstar fire blossomed over the enemy Mech but it continued forward.  The Lyran BattleMech pilot closed his eyes for a moment knowing what was coming as the Hellstar’s remaining two particle cannons burned into the crippled Salamander knocking it down.

“Stay down Adam there’s nothing more you can do” Aiden Gray said moving his Mech across the littered battlefield firing the extended long range missiles into the heavily damaged Hellstar even as the missiles hit he fired a particle cannon shot into the the Jade Falcon assault Mech.  The Hellstar rocked on its heels from the hit but seemed ready for another attack Aiden didn’t give it a chance instead hitting it with another salvo despite the raising heat in his cockpit.  The Hellstar fired its two Particle Cannons with only one striking Aiden’s Mech the other disappearing into the sky.  Aiden pulled both triggers again his eyes beginning to feel heavy as he lost strength due to blood loss from his arm injury he saw his particle cannon shot go wide missing the Falcon Hellstar but didn’t see any missiles glancing at the controls he realized that his missile bays were empty.  He cut to the right trying to close the distance between him and the Hellstar now without the long range missiles he had the particle cannon, one medium pulse laser and two machine guns not much at all.

Even as Aiden turned his BattleMech to the left and to the right trying to throw off the Hellstar’s shots he saw Adam Gansa wrestle with his Salamander back to its feet.  “Adam stay down” Aiden commanded seeing the Salamander right itself turning towards the Hellstar.

“No way am I dying on the deck I’m going to keep his attention just make sure you kill him General.”  The man said throttling up his Mech to a hobbled run just as the Salamander was hit by a particle cannon shot.  Aiden continued to zig-zag towards his target but Adam’s Salamander ran right at the Jade Falcon Hellstar resulting in the assault Mech being hit over and over by particle cannon fire.  Aiden watched his sensors as the Salamander was picked to pieces even as Adam fired his medium lasers in return scoring light damage Aiden added in his particle cannon but heat build up was still a problem.  “For the Commonwealth!” Adam struggled over the comms as more particle cannon fire punched through the Salamander’s torso slamming into the fusion engine underneath causing it to overheat and explode consuming the Mech in fire.  As Adam’s scream filled the radio Aiden fired on the Hellstar his particle cannon finally punching through the Hellstar’s torso armour there was an internal flash and the Hellstar stumbled Aiden wasted no time as soon as his the particle cannon cycled he fired again striking the Hellstar’s damaged torso causing the BattleMech to shut down.  With Aiden the only MechWarrior still standing the Commonwealth had won their peace but at a cost Aiden had watched his entire company destroyed and had been badly injured himself.  Standing beside the shutdown Hellstar the Lyran General of Armies wept in his cockpit as he hoped that the battle for Arc Royal would fair better.

Across the planet Khan Evan Kell fought with elements of Clan Mountain Wolf, the Lyran Commonwealth, elements of the Star League Defence Force and several mercenary commands for the control of Arc Royal.  The Kell Hounds who had classed Arc Royal as their home with their command and morale broken had chosen not to fight for this world instead under the command of young Lt Colonel Jeremy Kell they had pulled off the planet with their dependents leaving its defence to Clan Mountain Wolf.

Initial exchanges had gone the Lyran Commonwealth’s way with Evan Kell’s forces able to corner and destroy the remains of the Fourth Falcon Lancers Cluster however after that the tide had turned on the Mountain Wolves with the Fourth and Sixth Wolf Grenadiers Clusters and The Dark Specters Mercenary Battalion all shredded by Jade Falcon fire.

“We cannot keep taking losses like this Khan Kell” General Bruce Kummert, the commander of the Twentieth Arcturan Guards RCT, said he was standing across from the Khan in their command tent.

“I agree” Kell replied “we need to break the Jade Falcon command.”  He said determined to see their actions remembered “I will lead our assault elements against the enemy command element we’ll crush the Falcons and end this.”  He said “prepare your men”

Soon after the core of the Lyran/Wolf assault forces were moving towards the Jade Falcons as a single unit throughout their approach they were attacked from all sides as the Jade Falcons employed similar tactics to those used by their Khan during his Trial of Possession employing light units to harass their enemy.  As they closed on the Jade Falcon commanders a star of light Mechs ran into the centre of the Wolf lines and assaulted Evan Kell’s Orion IIC from all sides with the Jade Falcons abandoning Zellbrigen in an effort to take down Kell’s Mech.  With his usual Lycurgus OmniMech gone in the opening engagements on Arc Royal months ago Evan had been forced to accept the ancient Orion IIC and had used it since the beginning of this trial.  The Orion IIC had a history with Clan Wolf but it wasn’t as effective a fighter as his OmniMech had been.  Attacked from all sides by the light Mechs it was like being attacked by a thousand paper cuts even as his Golden Keshik turned on the Falcon attackers destroying them one by one Khan Evan Kell’s Mech was cut down, the Khan along with it.

With Evan Kell out of the fight and neither a Mountain Wolf or Lyran commander able to agree who was in command the Jade Falcons smashed the assault force destroying the Golden Keshik and the Mountain Wolves Seventh Wolf Guards Cluster.  With their main assault forces destroyed and the assault Mechs of the Twentieth Arcturan Guards RCT destroyed the Jade Falcons drove the defenders back to their base camp effectively ending the Trial.  General Bruce Kummert as the most senior commander on scene announced the Lyran surrender of the Trial of Possession and Arc Royal with it.  From Orbit Lyran Commonwealth and Mountain Wolf WarShips began a steady evacuation of their forces from the planet taking with them hundreds of civilians who didn’t wish to live under Clan rule.

For the Jade Falcons success they were able to secure the majority of Mountain Wolf Industries factories, two armoured vehicle production facilities, a BattleMech production line and all of the Mountain Wolves aerospace production facilities including their orbital repair station, aerospace fighter and Isegrim Assault DropShip construction facilities.  As a final insult the Jade Falcon commander Galaxy Commander Jurgen Hazen returned a defeated Khan Evan Kell to his Clan instead of taking him as a Bondsmen.

Withdrawing from Arc Royal the Mountain Wolves move their remaining production facilities and the civilians they were able to take to Gallery while Evan Kell sunders Beta Galaxy folding its forces into a far depleted Alpha Galaxy.

While the Mountain Wolves lick their wounds the Lyran Commonwealth embrace their two year peace with the Jade Falcons ordering all commands on the Falcon border to remain in position while their production facilities are geared to rebuilding their shattered military.  From Arcturus congratulations is passed to Aiden Gray for securing a peace but also news that Archon Jessica Steiner has given birth to her third child Elden Steiner bringing some light to the war-weary Lyran Commonwealth.

Across the border with their chain of command crippled by the fight for Incukalns and Arc Royal the Jade Falcons also begin to rebuild with Jurgen Hazen claiming the position of saKhan hours after the victory on Arc Royal.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #267 on: 13 August 2016, 00:39:19 »
Border skirmish
District of Oriente, Free Worlds League
Periphery
12th August 3105

After months of low intensive fighting along the Magistracy of Canopus and District of Oriente borders the Oriente’s neighbouring District of Lesnovo wade’s into battle against the Magistracy opening up a second front on the Periphery state.  The borders are further destabilized when the Capellan Confederation invades the systems of Antipolo and Kwarmshu of the District of Oriente effectively turning the entire region into a contested zone with none of the involved factions able to bring enough forces to the region to squash their enemies resistance.

Clan Council Meeting, Clan Hall
Phillip Drummond City, New Barcella
Nova Cat’s Den, Periphery
22nd August 3105

At sixty-seven years old Canin Rosse was one of the oldest serving Clans in the current active Clans but he carried himself like a man twenty years younger and was undisputed in his command of the Nova Cat Clan.  Entering the Clan Hall he saw the Bloodnamed warriors of the Nova Cat Clan stepping in front of them the Khan looked around the warriors of his Clan for three weeks he had lived in the wilderness of New Barcella on a Vision Quest.  “I have had a vision” he announced looking around the warriors he saw some looked skeptical but Oathmaster Klick Lenardon nodded his agreement.  “Our Clan needs to change its approach to succeed or we will disappear.”

“Which is something I have been suggesting for months…” saKhan Katrine Devalis said interrupting immediately the saKhan realized she had made a mistake and withdrew allowing Canin to speak.

“Out Clan needs to redefine what it means to be Clan Nova Cat to find our spirit and our drive.”  He said looking around the hall “year on year less Nova Cats undertake a vision quest and fewer bring new meaning to our Clan.”  Canin Rosse said the Nova Cat’s traditional values were to embrace visions and take new paths something truly lacking at the present.

“What do you suggest Khan Rosse you seem to have all the answers?”  saKhan Katrine Devalis asked remaining off to the side.

“We must relearn the Nova Cat’s spirit it will not happen overnight but it must come from the top which means from all of you.”  He said looking around the Clansmen “I believe we must end the division between ‘first and second line’ units” he said immediately he saw resistance to the idea on the faces of the Galaxy Commanders of the current front-line units.  “We are all Nova Cats we all defend the Nova Cat’s Den and we all face the same threats.”

“How can we dispense with the distinction?  There have always been those who are destined for the second line warriors and there are those who will be bloodnamed.”  Katrine Devalis said from her words Canin knew she was against the idea.

“You are correct saKhan” Canin Rosse said conceding the point “but I believe it is time we take steps that will see all of our units capable of fighting our enemies.  Can you really say that is the case now?”  He asked challenging them all those with rank knew best but they all knew in their own way that there were members of the Nova Cat Touman who did not have the skills or equipment to face their enemies.

“You still have not said what you suggest” Katrine Devalis said continuing to challenge the Khan.

“We reclassify our units” Canin Rosse explained the first step of his idea “those units currently classed as Guard, Garrison and Regular units will be reclassified in the same category.  They will receive the same equipment and training” he said explaining the second step “and those warriors incapable of meeting the grade will be removed from these units.”  There was a murmour that run around the chamber as each warrior realized how large a change it was that the Khan was proposing.

“I object” Star Colonel Kalvin Rosse, the commander of the elite First Nova Cat Guards Cluster, spoke up.  “There are certain units that have a storied history in our Clan it is a heritage that warriors of those units draw strength from” he said Canin Rosse noticed Kalvin exchange a glance with Wrecken Rosse, the commander of the Fourth Nova Cat Guards Cluster another elite command and a unit of Canin’s own Delta Galaxy.

“Aff I know certain units have a right to retain their designations” Canin Rosse admitted it was the reistance that Canin had expected to come from certain units.

“So one rule for one and one rule for another” challenged Katrine Devalis “you wish to distinguish between front and second line and yet certain units retain their traditional names there is a problem with your idea Khan.”

“Neg there is not” the Khan said angrily that Katrine was continuing her challenge “each unit will be held to the same standards meaning our combat effectiveness will improve across our Clan.  Each cluster will be given the same access to the same equipment our effectiveness will improve.”  He said confident of his plan “our Cavalry and Cavaliers units to will be renamed in an effort to streamline our commands” he said raising his hand seeing another objection being raised. “I know certain units will want to retain their designations” he said thinking of the Forty-fourth and Forty-sixth Cavaliers Clusters “which is why we should have a series of Trials” he said thinking of a solution “for those units who wish to retain their designations they will face their peer clusters and should they be victorious then they can choose retain their names.”  He said knowing that it was in keeping with Clan tradition and it would give the Nova Cat units a chance to fight weeding out more of those who were not able to keep up with the other Nova Cat units.  Even Katrine Devalis did not have an objection this time remaining silent “our Assault and Battle Clusters will likewise share a designation while all of those clusters that have a name that does not conform with the already named formations will together become a new class of unit in our Clan.”

“And what will be the names of these new units?”  saKhan Katrine Devalis asked her voice less confrontational in tone than it had been previously.

“The Roar, Spirit, Pouncer and Vision Clusters” Galaxy Commander Tryina Drummond of Xi Galaxy said speaking up breaking the confrontation between the two Khans.  Of all the Nova Cat’s units Xi Galaxy was the one that could be described as the most extreme in its attempts to follow what they saw as the true traditions of Clan Nova Cat.

No-one spoke up in objection of her suggestion instead the Clan Council decided over the course of several hours what units would be allowed to attempt to retain their current names and who would face them in combat.  Over the course of the next three weeks each of the Clusters that wished to remain the same fought to retain their current identity facing against their peers in live fire combat while costly the Trials brought the Nova Cats closer together as individual units and drove the Clan closer together as they fought for a common goal.  After the end of the Trials only eight units retained their previous designations the First and Fourth Nova Cat Guard Clusters, the Forty-fourth and Forty-sixth Nova Cat Cavaliers Clusters, the Rossei Cloister, the 449th and 450th Assault Cluster and the 109th Battle Cluster all others began to embrace their new identity.  Unsurprisingly no-one paid any attention to the fact that the Watch Clusters retained their previous designations with few of the Clan’s “true” warriors caring what the Watch did.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #268 on: 13 August 2016, 02:36:36 »
a double whammy of updates and what updates they are.  Katrine Devalis is gonna kill Canin or he's gonna kill her, those two butting heads so publically like that can only cause problems in the future.  Interesting idea to harmonize the units though for a more unified feel, although you can bet that there will be more than a few trials of grievance between the troops over this.

The battle between the Lyran/Mountain Wolf vs Falcons was one hell of a punch up.  I doubt the Wolves or Lyrans will be too pleased with the Kell Hounds pulling out like that.  It made sense that the SaKhan would be in the Thor II, bless the Falcons and their obcession with that thing :p 

So the Lyrans got their 2 years of much needed peace (and it was something the Falcons needed even if they were unwilling to admit it) as both sides were smashing their militaries to bits against each other, although this really was the last roll of the dice for the Falcons as they were scraping the bottom of the manpower barrel.  But now with Sudeten and Arc Royal in their hands they can rebuild, although 2 years isn't much time to get new Sibkin out into the field.

Superbly written battle scenes though! Great stuff as always!

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #269 on: 13 August 2016, 04:11:58 »
Great updates Dragon Cat.

Register