Author Topic: Onikuma (CGB/RD Quad) Math check pls!  (Read 2355 times)

AngryButler with a KNIFE!

• Warrant Officer
Onikuma (CGB/RD Quad) Math check pls!
« on: 14 October 2018, 17:39:53 »
Since my version of MegaMekLab doesn't do turrets, I had to do this by hand for the first version. Please let me know if I'm off on my slots and/or math as to the kilograms needed.

-=-=-=-

Onikuma Quad BattleArmor
Clan experimental

BV: 760
Cost: 3,711,500 C-bills

Movement: 4/4

Internal: 5
Armor: 70
                     Internal    Armor
--------------------------------------
Trooper 1                   1       14
Trooper 2                   1       14
Trooper 3                   1       14
Trooper 4                   1       14
Trooper 5                   1       14

Weapon                         Loc  Heat
----------------------------------------
AP Gauss Rifle (Body)(T)       Point     1
Advanced SRM 3 (Body)(T)      Point      0

Ammo                           Loc Shots
Advanced SRM 3 Ammo            Point     4

Equipment                      Loc
----------------------------------
BA Stealth     (Basic)     (Body)      Point
Turret (1 Slot / 3 Slots)  (Body)      Point

Note:
10kg underweight.
I think.
The turret should be 70kg (40kg for +1 free slot automatically, plus 30kg for the other 3 slots, to put both the AP Gauss & AdvSRM3 in it). It is NOT a modular turret.

This heavy quadruped battlearmor was named as a blatant snub against the Draconis Combine following it's annihilation of the remains of Clan Nova Cat. While Abjured decades past, the Nova Cats still fought honorably against all foes, honoring Zellbringen if offered or fighting like enraged wildcats when not bound. All this, even while being constantly mistreated horribly by their host nation, leading inevitably to their failed rebellion and subsequent slaughter. Considering the mythological naming of the armor, after incredibly strong bear-like creature that could appear without warning at night and raid Japanese towns and villages, which could also hurl giant stones down entire mountains larger then some houses, it comes as little surprise that the bulk of the Onikuma's first production runs were sent to the Dominion-Combine border.

While somewhat lightly armed for a heavy unit, it makes up for it in other ways. Firstly is that it's loadout out-ranges the original 'Toad' Elementals in every way except for not being 'Mech portable. Even that is not seen as too large of an issue with the Bears, due to their preference towards heavy and assault 'Mechs. Units that the Onikuma can easily keep pace with. Second is that in many cases, any defenders won't see them coming until it's too late. Even if the Bears openly dropped under formal conditions and announced the presence of Onikuma within a winning bid, the suit's basic stealth features make spotting them nearly impossible until they've reached firing range, far too late for other units to move into position to stop them. Lastly, to widen it's firing arc, all of it's firepower - an anti-personnel Gauss rifle and an advanced triple-tube launcher - is clustered together in a turret on it's back. It had  hoped that the Onikuma would be able to use a modular turret due to the broad 'back' of the chassis being more than sufficient to carry a wide array of armaments without being overly burdened. However, internally, the Dominion's technicans ran into consistent problems with running ammunition feed lines and energy cables for other systems. While eventually this was traced back to subtle sabotage by a few remaining Motstånd radicals, the Clan was for the most part already pleased with what they received.

Rather than shut the existing production lines down to re-tool, along with recalling all existing Onikuma to be refitted - which would have required a near complete rebuild in any case - the leadership of the Dominion went with the simple expediency of designing a second variant of the Onikuma. This model completely removes the turret ring and all the weapons in it. Instead, mounted directly to the back of the chassis, is an arrangement meant to turn the unit into a walking bloodbath if infantry are forced to face one. A flamer and machinegun are mounted side-by side, while a standard short range launcher is set behind them along the spine, normally equipped with inferno rounds. A series of improved sensing equipment makes it even harder to hide from this model. In something of poetic irony, one of the first battle armor Stars to be equipped with the -A model were sent in to deal with the same Motstånd terrorist cell who's very actions had led to it's development. Already facing the death sentence if captured, the terrorists found without regards to their surrounding after being traced back to tunnels below a warehouse district. In the end, both as an expediency to end the engagement and to stop further collateral damage as the terrorists were more than willing to destroy everything around them in the surrounding warehouses and freight yards, the Star Commander ordered her Onikuma to seal off all but two tunnel entrances and then mass fired their flamers into them, superheating the remaining air into a vortex as it was sucked into the tunnels, until temperatures inside were well beyond boiling hot. There were no survivors among the Motstånd.

Onikuma-A Quad BattleArmor
Clan experimental

BV: 554
Cost: 4,574,000 C-bills

Armor: 70
                     Internal    Armor
--------------------------------------
Trooper 1                   1       14
Trooper 2                   1       14
Trooper 3                   1       14
Trooper 4                   1       14
Trooper 5                   1       14

Weapon                         Loc  Heat
SRM 3 (Body)                Point     0
Flamer (Body)               Point     3
Machine Gun (Body)      Point     0

Ammo                           Loc Shots
BA SRM 3 Ammo           Point   4

Equipment                      Loc
----------------------------------
BA Stealth (Basic) (Body)      Point
Improved Sensors (Body)      Point

Note: No turret.
I love my Wiesel XII. Yes, yes I do.

Andras

• Lieutenant
Re: Onikuma (CGB/RD Quad) Math check pls!
« Reply #1 on: 14 October 2018, 18:50:35 »
Did you put the SRM ammo in the turret with the SRM3?

AdvSRM3 is 3 crits, so you need a 5 slot turret for the ammo and APGR also.

Also, the best I can get is 7pts of armor.

« Last Edit: 14 October 2018, 19:06:32 by Andras »

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 15 October 2018, 03:32:34 »
Heavy chassis, right? You need a 6-slot turret (APGR 2, ASRM3 3, ammo 1) for 90 kg. I suggest dropping one point of armor, then making the turret 7 slots and adding an APWM.

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 15 October 2018, 20:43:15 »
Disregard, see below.
« Last Edit: 16 October 2018, 18:32:57 by Andras »

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 16 October 2018, 02:54:43 »
APGR is only one slot
Please double-check that. I'm 99% sure it's 2 slots for the APGR (as it was created to fit into the 200kg/2slots available in the Elemental's right arm).

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 16 October 2018, 10:45:32 »
I can only go by what is in MML. It says one slot.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Last Edit: 16 October 2018, 16:48:45 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 16 October 2018, 16:54:18 »
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anti-Personnel_Gauss_Rifle_(Battle_Armor) 1
Unfortunately this link only has the mech stats... 0.5 tons + ammo is pretty heavy for a BA, and BA don't even have critical slots... ;)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #8 on: 16 October 2018, 17:34:15 »
Hmm...

try this:
Code: [Select]
Gauss Rifle (Magshot)  IS  E  Med / Sup  B  2  0.74  45 kg / 16.5 kg  (20)  2  8,500 / 10  (X-X-E)  3059 (FS) / NA  — / NA  NA / NA  3.09  [1][2][3]
From Sarna's BA weapon listing for construction
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Battle_Armor_Weapons_and_Equipment_Lists

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 16 October 2018, 18:24:50 »
Tech manual says 2 slots for Clan APGR on the Clan BA equipment table on pg348.

Here's a Heavy Clan Quad with Max Armor and 4MP. I used Clan Fire Resistant Armor as it is the same weight as Basic Stealth (which weighed a lot more then 30kg/pt in my version of MML)

I put the APGR and APWM in the body, with one slot left open for the extra APGR slot, since it only shows one instead of two. It would actually have two open slots if you use Basic Stealth since that is 3 slots instead of 5 for FireResistant.

Code: [Select]
New BattleArmor Base Tech Level: Standard (Clan)
Level
Era
Experimental
-
Advanced
3145+
Standard
-
Tech Rating: F/X-X-F-E
BV: 828
Cost: 3,647,500 C-bills 
Armor: 70 BA Fire Resistant

Internal
  Armor

Trooper 1

Trooper 2

Trooper 3

Trooper 4

Trooper 5

Weapons
  Loc
  Heat
Advanced SRM 3 (Turret)
Point

Gauss Rifle [Anti-personnel Gauss Rifle] (Body)
Point

Laser Rifle (Mauser IIC IAS) (APM)
Point

Ammo
  Loc
  Shots
Advanced SRM 3 Ammo
Point

Equipment
  Loc
Anti Personnel Weapon Mount (Body)
Point

« Last Edit: 16 October 2018, 18:34:19 by Andras »

AngryButler with a KNIFE!

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #10 on: 02 November 2018, 03:22:05 »
Don't worry about it. Failed design after hearing back from you, so I'm scrapping it.
I love my Wiesel XII. Yes, yes I do.

Register