Author Topic: Any Battletech players near Fredericksburg VA?  (Read 2803 times)

JamesPryde

• Corporal
  • Star Captain James Pryde
Any Battletech players near Fredericksburg VA?
« on: 17 November 2020, 22:47:43 »
In the Navy and transferred to Dahlgren living in Fredericksburg and trying find some players.
Star Captain James Pryde
Black Eagle Trinary

Major "Jumpin'" Jack Damien
Jack's Jesters

CDT #1186

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
Re: Any Battletech players near Fredericksburg VA?
« Reply #1 on: 18 November 2020, 14:37:09 »
You're in luck as there is a wealth of players in the area.

South of you in Richmond is a group (facebook group: LotB Richmond)

North of you in Northern Virginia is my local group (Forum link here)
We're actually playing this weekend, if you're interested, PM me for the address, will be about a 45 minute drive for you.

A bit further North, and one that has been on hiatus since just before the COVID, in Maryland (Forum Link here)

Less game scheduling but still some activity on these Facebook groups for the entire region:
Battletech mid-atlantic region
DMV Battletech Group

Grognard

• Lieutenant
  • BTU.org & LotB.com Member
« Reply #2 on: 18 November 2020, 19:36:05 »
Welcome to Central VA, James. 
Where everything worth anything is "about a half hour's drive that way".  :)
I work at Dahlgren intermittently, and helped start a small BT group at the base Library.  With SD and C19, I don't know what their status is...

In Fredericksburg, there is FLGS YOUR HOBBY PLACE on Rt.3, west of the Mall.  Ask SIRI, she knows.
In our little Burg, there are 6-8 players, plus Blaine Pardoe is moving to the area, so we're geeked about that. 

About an hour+ drive to the West side of Richmond, is where the LotB crew hangs out: the FLGS BATTLEGROUNDS

GROGNARD:  An old, grumpy soldier, a long term campaigner (Fr); Someone who enjoys playing tactics and strategy based board wargames;  a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)

Shadow6

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2021, 17:33:03 »
I was in Your Hobby on Rt. 3 today and they had about six of tables of 40K going.

Might be worth exploring getting a regular game back up and running if folks are comfortable with it. I'm down to get some dice rolling again.  It's been too long for me.

Grognard

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 29 March 2021, 20:38:02 »
somebody posted a LFG on the store's physical bulletin board: specifically mentioned this website, the reddit group and a couple of veteran fan sites.

GROGNARD:  An old, grumpy soldier, a long term campaigner (Fr); Someone who enjoys playing tactics and strategy based board wargames;  a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)

jasonof2010

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 24 August 2021, 19:32:06 »
Hi, I work and live near Dahlgren and I used to game at Your Hobby Place.  I am getting back into Battletech after an extended absence and I'm particularly interested in Alpha Strike.

Grognard

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 25 August 2021, 00:30:19 »
Welcome Jason.  All are welcome. 

I"m currently out of the loop on the schedule for BattleTech play in F'burg.

I will try to stop in tomorrow night and determine what I can...

CJKeys

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • Defend this house!
« Reply #7 on: 05 September 2021, 11:31:59 »
Hi, so I used to be involved with the Fredericksburg group, introduced them to Alpha Strike actually, but ended up being 2 hours away on the northern neck.

Dahlgren has potential for me, the question is where to play up there, as I doubt players from dahlgren or Fredericksburg would want to make the trek to my studio/gaming space....
"Now sit down, shut up, and let us Davions do what we do best: kill people we think aren't free enough." - Reaver

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 05 September 2021, 11:44:30 »
Welcome to Central VA, James. 

About an hour+ drive to the West side of Richmond, is where the LotB crew hangs out: the FLGS BATTLEGROUNDS

We play every other Saturday, so next Saturday is our game day; we link up at 1300 and generally kick off around 1330.  We're currently in a luzern SLDF2 vs. SJ campaign which means the host is providing everything: all you have to bring is dice and a pencil!  Hope to see you there!  :)

Grognard

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 11 September 2021, 18:09:36 »
Hi, so I used to be involved with the Fredericksburg group, introduced them to Alpha Strike actually, but ended up being 2 hours away on the northern neck.

Dahlgren has potential for me, the question is where to play up there, as I doubt players from dahlgren or Fredericksburg would want to make the trek to my studio/gaming space....

Hello CJ!
Long time no see.
So where is your new gaming space?
You sorta went stealth and disappeared.

BTW: Steve Ronin over at BTU.org says !HI!

JamesPryde

• Corporal
  • Star Captain James Pryde
« Reply #10 on: 15 November 2023, 17:45:30 »
Well incase anyone see's this or is looking there is a group now that plays @ Game Garrison every Thursday and Saturday!
Star Captain James Pryde
Black Eagle Trinary

Major "Jumpin'" Jack Damien
Jack's Jesters

CDT #1186

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #11 on: 02 January 2024, 16:02:39 »
I'll be running a play test of a scenario I intend to run at Gencon of FWL vs Star Adders on Saturday January 27th at Battlegrounds in Midlothian, VA.

Classic rules will be used and start time will be noon.
Did you hear about the LEGO store grand opening?  People were lined up for blocks...