Author Topic: How strong are the Homies in 3095?  (Read 2079 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
How strong are the Homies in 3095?
« on: 13 February 2019, 12:30:40 »
They have had a bit of time to recover from the Wars of Reaving, in fact any emergency over-sized sibkos should have made their way into the toumans by this point.  Production of war materials should be back on track.  The Homies also seem to be looking beyond their borders with them poking at the Scorpions and Hansa.  What would be the primary mechs of each Clan now that their production is reordered?  IE, many of the Coyote factories in the '60s built Savage Coyotes- would this still be the case?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
Re: How strong are the Homies in 3095?
« Reply #1 on: 13 February 2019, 12:58:22 »
Unlikely. BT tech advances when you look at 80 year periods.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #2 on: 13 February 2019, 13:03:29 »
I am not talking about tech advances, though they were digesting the Society's toys.

I am talking about recovery and their possible plan forward.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #3 on: 13 February 2019, 17:46:00 »
Well, the last we read about them in the Wars of Reaving Supplemental had them producing smaller sibkos, much like the IS Clans.  I'd hope that by now they are producing extra large sibkos.  Also the reshuffling in ownership of the enclaves makes it hard to predict who will be producing what.  I would go with the ironic pisition that some other clan will be producing the Savage Coyote, and not the 'yotes especially given their shunning of Tamaron. 
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 13 February 2019, 18:29:43 »
I can see the homeworld clans like this.

Orwell84

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 14 February 2019, 03:36:52 »
I am not talking about tech advances, though they were digesting the Society's toys.

I am talking about recovery and their possible plan forward.

The last solid info on the Homies had them split between the Bastions who were firmly isolationist and the Aggressors who felt the same way about 'taint' but wanted to go forth and burn that taint at the source. The raiding of Hansa and the Imperio was partly a outlet for the latter, who tended to be younger post-Reaving warriors chafing under their Bastion superiors. So recovery could be impeded by increasingly destructive clashes between the two factions, much like how the stalwartly Warden Coyotes were hammered by Crusaders in the half-century prior to Revival.

As to future plans, the Aggressors certainly seemed to have a strategy outlined (basically a Khornate slaughter of everything in sight) but we've no details on actual planning.
All Clan totems are equal but some are more equal than others.

"The Succession Wars solved no problem. Their effects, both immediate and indirect, were either negative or disastrous. Morally subversive, economically destructive, socially degrading, confused in their causes, devious in their course, futile in their results, they are the outstanding example in Spheroid history of meaningless conflict."
The Third Star League's view of the Succession Wars, plagiarised from an ancient Terran historian's judgement of the Thirty Years War.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #6 on: 14 February 2019, 10:04:39 »
Not talking about offensive plans . . .

More like-

Adders have 6 galaxies of 4 clusters each, X warships, and produce Garg/Timberwolf/Stormcrow/Kit Fox or whatever
Cobras have 3 galaxies of 5 clusters, etc etc

I know the Stone Lions were the only ones allowed to keep up with the Nova CEWS?  They just could not link up the 3 units- were all the Society designs scrapped or surviving equipment dumped in the now empty caches?

One thing I never looked at in the original book and still need to get Sup . . . were Protos abandoned?  The Clans that favored them (Spirits & Ravens) were Annihilated/Abjured and they were something the Society put some effort into producing.
Colt Ward

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #7 on: 14 February 2019, 10:27:51 »
On the Cloud Cobras
Quote from: Wars of Reaving Supplemental pg 8
In the few years since claiming the former Scorpion homeworld of Roche, the Cloud Cobras have transformed the planet. The system is now the Clan’s primary stronghold, producing nearly three-quarters of the Cobra’s military equipment and standard hardware. The largest producer of ProtoMechs in the Kerensky Cluster, the Cobras have flexed their fledgling mercantile powers. A standing arrangement now four years old has given the Adders ProtoMechs, the Coyotes germanium and raw metals, and the Cobras aerospace fighters and DropShips.

On the Coyotes
Quote from: pg 15
With the abandonment of their ProtoMech program, the Coyotes traded their ProtoMech factories to the other Clans for additional scientist groups, extra sibkos, and other supplies.

Quote from: pg 18
ProtoMechs, considered a tactical weapon of choice by some and abhorred by others, remain a disputed issue. While all four Clan have unilaterally shunned the Boggart, most of the ProtoMech technology and designs that came from Society labs have been somewhat accepted. The Coyotes are still banned from deploying ProtoMechs through 3095, and the Clan’s leaders have already acknowledged they are unwilling to revisit the issue any time soon.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Frogfoot

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 14 February 2019, 10:46:10 »
WoR Supplemental is set in 3090. At this time the Homeworld Clans are still still rebuilding and none seem to have fully recovered from the Wars of Reaving. All their remaining Bloodname legacies have been declared free of Society meddling. The Coyote and Stone Lion Toumans are still tiny, though apparently the Lions won a Cluster from the Cobras in a Harvest Trial. The Star Adders are still massive, the Cloud Cobras are still in the middle. Honestly I'd say that this would be basically the same situation in 3095 - the only Clan that would look in top fighting trim would be the Star Adders. Even if the Coyotes and Lions manage to get another Galaxy together each they'd still be tiddlers who are barely viable as Clans.

The Cloud Cobras are explicitly mentioned as using some Protomech Clusters, the Coyotes abandoned them for appearances sake. The Boggart is considered Tainted, the Sprite and Hobgoblin are not. The Protomech RAT for 3085 in the back of the book has listings for the Cobras, Lions and Adders, with the Sprite and Hobgoblin featured on each of them, so I assume those are still good to go 10 years later.

The Stone Lions use lots of combined arms forces and are apparently investing their resources in simple sturdy mechs with SFEs. Blood Kite, Kingfisher and Stooping Hawk factories are given as examples, there are probably others too. On top of this they build the Septicemia/ Pariah.

The Coyotes abandoned many of their old holdings, being too small to defend them. This included some omnimech factories. It's unknown if other Clans snatched those up but it seems unlikely they'd let them all go to waste. There are no details on which omni factories these were but given the 'MOAR SAVAGE COYOTES!!!!11!!!' building program of the 3060s, it seems likely that several of these factories ended up with the Adders, Cobras or Lions.

In Homeworld General news, Phantoms are replacing Fire Moths, Pouncers are replacing Novas, and Ebon Jaguars are replacing Hellbringers.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #9 on: 16 February 2019, 06:11:11 »
Ebon Jaguars are replacing hellbringers for everyone but the Coyote's, who continue to produce the Hellbringer for their own use. (Obligitory why?)

I suspect that the coyotes would continue to avoid protomechs (less political hassle that way), which i suspect would lead to a greater reliance on battle armor for supporting mechs.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #10 on: 16 February 2019, 09:34:58 »
The fact that the homies are using Phantoms and Pouncers confuses me, given the origins of those Mechs.  You would expect "TAINTED!"
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #11 on: 16 February 2019, 09:45:11 »
The safe dose for taint is inversely proportional to the number of active omnimech production lines in operation

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #12 on: 18 February 2019, 01:06:46 »
As a Horse fan, I had to go Lions...

So I do know that we have about 20 Mech factories producing a Star every month or so... each. But I think most of this is for trading, parts for supplies and sibko caches. While we do make use of massive Infantry, both Elemental and Freebirth, we also have our ancestral holdings of vehicular stocks, much like the corral of olden days, we've been naughty... waiting and plotting for someone to try it again...

Also we'll more likely Harvest Trial for your whole unit against our coffers of mech parts in exchange... be you Freebirth or not.

I defiantly can see Brimstone, Red Knight and Anathema hanging in orbit over Tokasha, our factory capital world and Niles, were we have a single Naval bay capable of servicing our little needs. We still can use Nova CEWS, just not for Trials of Possessions, mostly for static defenses and invasions, like Harvest Trials for our mech supplies.

( If we ToP you, then no... but if you attempt a return ToP, yes... except we call them " Harvest Trials ".  ::) fun factoid )

TT

Information gleaned from all of our holdings that CSL currently holds and various snippets of TRO, FM:Warden, FM:Crusader, WoR, WoR Sup. Meaning I do read various sources and write down everything from that particular planet and then when said factory is gone, it is then erased. If it specifically states rebuilt or moved, then it is.
« Last Edit: 18 February 2019, 01:13:31 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: 11 April 2019, 14:44:24 »
In this immediate post tracings time frame did the views on freeborn warriors change significantly? I mean with so many bloodhouses wrecked did freeborns take up the slack?

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #14 on: 11 April 2019, 15:01:38 »
It's hard to say since we have so little info.  Clan Star Adder is said to be more relaxed about freeborn warriors than many other clans, so maybe.  But there's no guarantee other Clans will follow suit.

Ultimately, it's up to interpretation of individual players and gm's.  Freeborns would be an easy way to add bulk to a Clan's touman, but Clans don't always do the sensible thing. 

Clan Coyote, for example, has a small touman after the Reavings.  Yet the Coyotes did not make use of freeborns, and if that continues then their touman will be stunted.  Because of the lack of information regarding the Homies, what happens now is up to the individual.
« Last Edit: 12 April 2019, 09:21:09 by rebs »
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert