Author Topic: Define "move through"  (Read 1018 times)

Xochi

• Sergeant
  • Three strengths he gave us.
Define "move through"
« on: 14 August 2017, 11:52:20 »
I had a question and wasn't having much luck with the search function.

When it comes to mines and fire, what defines moving through it? If you intentionally light a fire in a forest ontop of infantry let's say and succeed,  during the movement phase the next round they have to move out of it to get away from the effects. Same with mechs and mines. Does this constitute moving through the area and immediately trigger the associated effects? Or do they get a freebie to just move out and keep going?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 14 August 2017, 16:03:53 by Xochi »

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Re: Define "move through"
« Reply #1 on: 14 August 2017, 18:37:17 »
Without looking up the exact text, I think that they actually are treated differently.  Fire effects trigger as long as a unit was inside the affected area during its turn, but mines explicitly are not activated if the unit began its turn inside the area of effect.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Xochi

• Sergeant
  • Three strengths he gave us.
Re: Define "move through"
« Reply #2 on: 15 August 2017, 12:06:55 »
I appreciate the response. I did see that the mines don't activate to give time for a unit to get out, but with fire it seems immediate. I will pass this along to our group.

Register