Author Topic: Looking for Jihad/Operation Scour - Source/Info specific to Oliver & Muphrid  (Read 317 times)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
The title says it all.

I've been perusing some of my books & Sarna trying to find out when & who was involved in reconquering of Oliver & Muphrid during Operation Scour.

Anyone able to point me to a book that mentions them?

The fact that Sarna doesn't say anything makes me think there is nothing & after 2 books I'm coming up short.

All I got is the small blurb about Muphrid being taken in October-68 w/ Tac Nukes.

But nothing on when it was retaken or anything on Oliver.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Lanceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised
Muphrid is mentioned as one of the worlds hit with the Redburn Virus in Final Reckoning, pg. 13.

Oliver and Muphrid both get some additional information in Republic Worlds, but it's still pretty broad and generic.

"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" -  Henri-Frédéric Amiel

Hellraiser

• Colonel
Thanks, I hadn't heard of that book before, had to google to figure out what it was.

Sadly, most everything in it is on Sarna it looks like.

I can't seem to find anything on the Date or What Coalition Units were involved in retaking them.

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Nav_Alpha

• Major
Fun fact about Muphrid - the planetary ruler is the same in 3067 as it is in 3130.
So, presumably he lived through the Blakist occupation and subsequent OPERATION SCOUR.
Could be an interesting idea for a resistance leader, fighting the Blakists

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Raymond_Fritz

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

BrianDavion

• Captain
or... it's simply someone named after an ancestor. 
The Suns will shine again

Nav_Alpha

• Major
or... it's simply someone named after an ancestor.

I mean, if you wanted to be boring… sure

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Hellraiser

• Colonel
Victor & Katie were both over 100 when they died, no reason this guy couldn't be also.

SLDF Medical tech had average human lifespan at 160+ IIRC from SLSB.

And Terra never lost that so likely spread back around to the rest of the RotS.