Author Topic: Picard series SDCC trailer!  (Read 4610 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: Picard series SDCC trailer!
« Reply #30 on: 22 July 2019, 21:21:59 »
Well, this isn't quite the original Star Trek timeline though right? They've been saying that since they since they started this.

I'm surprised alot of the old TNG characters were reintroduced.   Picard trying keep safe this girl? Who maybe linked to the Borg or something?

Borg has been....well dead since end of Voyager or in what we knew they were.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #31 on: 22 July 2019, 21:27:23 »
Well, this isn't quite the original Star Trek timeline though right? They've been saying that since they since they started this.

No, they've been saying it is the original timeline since they started this.  A bunch of YouTube fantasists have claimed otherwise.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #32 on: 22 July 2019, 23:03:35 »
Was that not exactly what “Family”, the next episode after “The Best of Both Worlds”, was all about, at least in part?

Ruger

They did, but the nature of television at the time, especially as this was a syndicated TV show, meant they couldn't really spend a large number of episodes going into Picard's recovery.  Looking at it now, it feels likd of rushed.

Were TNG to have aired 10 years later, I suspect we'd have ended up dealing with Picard's recovery over the course of a whole season, with Riker left in command of the Enterprise in the meantime.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #33 on: 23 July 2019, 09:33:13 »
I found myself rewatching this earlier with my wife (who has some fun theories about that Borg cube), and realized something- the scene with the multitude of ships heading towards a red planet.

I'd noticed the first time that they look similar to the Valdore-class warbirds we saw in Nemesis- longer wingtips, but similar enough to paint them as recent Romulan construction most likely. But the world had me thinking... where is that?

Then I realized that Romulus was destroyed, and if I'm Romulan refugees in a convoy of ships fleeing my demolished homeworld, the first place I'd likely think about going would be to the world of our distant cousins.

I think that's Vulcan!
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #34 on: 23 July 2019, 17:44:15 »
Someone did a nice examination of the latest trailer, i think they might have gotten it pinned down what plot is. 

this is MY theory, so it's not based but we've seen so far with full trailer.

This series's so far looks like it's basis is based on current events. 

Romulans appear to be trying to salvage their Empire or part of them are.  They're still xenophobic and they're using fear of the Borg, by gathering former Borg caging them up on a wrecked Borg Cube.   Their experimenting on them, either trying figure out their secrets for themselves.  The girl in question i suspect is related to the Borg Queen.  Picard finally has cause, trying rally support from reluctant Star Fleet to aid saving these people from the Romulans.  However, he has to go it alone, teaming up with individuals who are trying to save these people being subjugated or worse.   

I'd like remind everyone in First Contact, Picard was very much in camp of not believing individuals who WERE turned into Borg could be saved.  That reality was changed with later events of Star Trek: Voyager.

I'm surprised Brent Springer came back. I thought he was done with being Data.   He's getting bit old to be playing unaging machine-man, but i like him as actor.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

hoosierhick

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: 23 July 2019, 18:01:51 »
Is the (filming) location at 1:08 in the trailer where Picard is walking in a desertish area with rocks behind him where I think it is?  If it is, he better look out for wandering Gorn.   ;D

This does look interesting.  Too bad it's going to be on CBS's streaming service.   :(

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #36 on: 24 July 2019, 11:13:00 »
More stuff has been released on the series via Comic Con. Trekmovie.com made nice article adding more info about the series.