Author Topic: Battleforce Random Damage  (Read 960 times)

Dahmin_Toran

• Warrant Officer
Battleforce Random Damage
« on: 29 August 2023, 10:06:50 »
In Battleforce, I believe the standard damage resolution is you choose a Unit in the Force (Lance/Star/Level II) to attack. I was wondering to prevent player from ganging up on vulnerable units maybe randomly rolling a d6? For a lance, roll a d6, 1-4 would hit the specified unit, 5-6 rerolls. When it drops to 3, then 1-2 hits the first Unit, 3-4 the second, 5-6 the third, and so on. If you would like to target a specific Unit, maybe perform a Tactics roll to perform it?

Zematus737

• Corporal
Re: Battleforce Random Damage
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2023, 12:28:07 »
As I understood it, each Unit must have a roll for each Elements attack and the accompanying roll-to-hit will decide whether the attack is successful or not.  IMO, the normal rules are already doing this for you, and the chance each unit has to hit will depend on their Skill or Base-to-hit (as it appears on some record sheets).  Take a moment to gloss over the rules again.  Maybe we are still talking about different things.

Dahmin_Toran

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 01 September 2023, 16:47:51 »
From what I read on page 35 in Strategic Operations: Battleforce, Elements choose a single Element as a target.

Zematus737

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 01 September 2023, 18:25:37 »
Sorry.  I missed the level of play and saw only Strategic for some reason.  This formula of rolling to determine damage is in Squadrons and Formations, pg.95.  If you stick to the core rules in normal BF, you can always split the unit and make that element (as a new unit) commit to evasive maneuvers and increase the chances of a miss.
« Last Edit: 01 September 2023, 19:12:21 by Zematus737 »

Register