Author Topic: Commanders Edition - What's in it?  (Read 18053 times)

SC_Dave

• Sergeant
Re: Commanders Edition - What's in it?
« Reply #90 on: 23 July 2019, 18:08:42 »
p41 Submerged Units.  water over your height = completely submerged.  water at least 1" deep but less than unit's height (ie. a mech) = partially submerged.  but both are submerged.
p48 Underwater Damage. Every successful attack against a submerged unit generated a Critical Hit, even if there is no structure damage.

This is at odds with what you previously posted in the official rules questions thread: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=55748.0

Has the ruling changed? (It was a couple of years ago.)

SC_Dave

• Sergeant
« Reply #91 on: 19 September 2019, 04:38:34 »
Just bumping to see if I can get an answer to my last without heading over to rules questions.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #92 on: 19 September 2019, 13:41:01 »
This is at odds with what you previously posted in the official rules questions thread: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=55748.0

Has the ruling changed? (It was a couple of years ago.)
Newer statement is about Alpha Strike: Commander's Edition. Previous statement was Alpha Strike. There are a lot of differences between the two.

SLDF_Gunslinger

• Corporal
« Reply #93 on: 22 September 2019, 13:01:41 »
A unit conversion PDF is still just an idea, not an active project/product.  Ie. Don’t expect it soon.

I have not heard any plans for quirks.

Are the CBT to AS PV calculations in the AS Companion still valid? Are those the calculations used for the MUL? Aka: are these rules still current for the supporting products?

« Last Edit: 22 September 2019, 13:06:14 by SLDF_Gunslinger »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #94 on: 22 September 2019, 13:54:56 »
With the errata to the Companion. Yes.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #95 on: 14 November 2019, 11:26:53 »
When i searching the MUL today, I noticed that SRCH has been removed from (apparently) a large portion of the units (mainly Battlemechs) that used to have searchlights as either as legacy fluff (such as the Warhammer) or because of visual cues based on artist intent, both that tends to support The Search Light Quirk. Anyone know what is going on?
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #96 on: 14 November 2019, 12:03:54 »
ASCE p62 "These modifiers [darkness] are negated if the attacking unit is a BattleMech or has the Searchlight (SRCH) special ability"
Listing SRCH for BattleMechs would be redundant.

Quick Strike cards had SRCH, SOA, SEAL, ES for all BattleMechs. I can't remember if we switched to dropping the redundancy with the change to Alpha Strike, or if it was a while later, but it was long before Commander's Edition.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #97 on: 14 November 2019, 21:48:27 »
pretty sure it was in the changeover

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #98 on: 14 November 2019, 22:36:48 »
So.... all 'mechs have a search light installed (for purposes of handling the various night time/low light modifiers in various publications) thus usually do not have to worry about applying a penalty to To-Hit rolls? For which rule set: BT, AS or both? Just wondered if this is just something I've played the rules wrong... :D
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.