Author Topic: My minis  (Read 3753 times)

BlazingSky

• Lieutenant
  • Ah yes, the rabble and their "Medium Mechs"
My minis
« on: 26 January 2011, 20:01:58 »
Obviously my last thread killed the forum, so let's see if I can go 2 for 2.

The first mini is a Crusader with some Battlemaster arms, all of it reseen. The paint is supposed to be Galahad stables colors, but with some heavy wear and tear, because this is a "Ghost mech" returned to haunt the Blakists.

Next is a Defiance in Lyran Guards colors.

And the last two are part of a lance of mechs that I made to teach myself how to perform a WWII tank camo scheme. They were primed a dark gray, painted all white, then washed with a light gray. The base for these is actually being completed as I'm posting, I just didn't feel that messing with the paper mache then the camera was smart :P
I don't post to play nice with everyone. I post to posit my ideas. If this offends you, there's an ignore function.
I knew this day would come! The day of the stapler men has arrived!

BlazingSky

• Lieutenant
Re: My minis
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2011, 20:02:36 »
And the last two.
I don't post to play nice with everyone. I post to posit my ideas. If this offends you, there's an ignore function.

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2011, 20:08:19 »
A Crusader with Beemer arms looks damn fine. Paint jobs all look just as nice!
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

TheMaster1955

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2011, 20:19:21 »
nicely done :)
Life: Some assembly required!

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2011, 21:14:00 »
I like the Shad the best, nice stuff [rockon]
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

BlazingSky

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 26 January 2011, 21:27:10 »
Thanks folks. The Shad suffered pretty bad in the hands of it's previous owner, the paint was chipped to all hell and the gun was broken off, so I decided to use a Reseen Shad's gun for this one. Fits better on this fig than the Reseen IMO.

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #6 on: 27 January 2011, 03:46:39 »
It's strange the difference a Pair of arms can make to a minis Feel.

Love the Defiance.

foxbat

• Tunnel Rat
  • Global Moderator
  • Captain
    • classicbattletech.fr
« Reply #7 on: 27 January 2011, 15:16:35 »
Thanks folks. The Shad suffered pretty bad in the hands of it's previous owner, the paint was chipped to all hell and the gun was broken off, so I decided to use a Reseen Shad's gun for this one. Fits better on this fig than the Reseen IMO.

Indeed, excellent idea to use that reseen gun. Nice paintjobs too.  :)
Hanse Davion is my shepherd.
We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender! Winston Churchill, June 1940

RGCavScout

• Master Sergeant
  • We are the Brute Squad!
« Reply #8 on: 27 January 2011, 16:05:45 »
I really like what you did with the Shadow Hawk!  The way that the cannon sits low and the tube launcher on the other side makes it look like a pretty good representation of the SHD-12C model from TRO:3085.  Good Stuff!

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."  Dread Pirate Roberts

Register