Author Topic: 2011-08-15 End of Message [Craig A. Reed]  (Read 2078 times)

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
2011-08-15 End of Message [Craig A. Reed]
« on: 15 August 2011, 03:30:23 »
Even in the midst of the Jihad, opportunity beckons...

The Word of Blake may have been responsible for the most horrifying war the Inner Sphere had ever suffered, but that didn't mean that the men and women who wore the robes didn't still have duties...

Demos

• Captain
Re: 2011-08-15 End of Message [Craig A. Reed]
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2011, 04:02:32 »
Now this was a cool one. Shows that WoB is the true C*.

Only complaint is that the storyline as well as the end was very predictable.
"WoB - Seekers of Serenity, Protectors of Human Purity, Enforcers of Blake's Will!"

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2011, 07:13:11 »
Now this was a cool one. Shows that WoB is the true C*.

Only complaint is that the storyline as well as the end was very predictable.

i agree with this. it's definitely a cool story, but i've noticed that this author's stories do tend to be quite predictable. this one was less predictable than say family ties, so i think we do need to give kudos for improvement.
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Midnightsun

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 17 August 2011, 01:08:52 »
I do love a good WoB story.  You could guess where it was going, but its a good story.  Now I want to know what happens next....is there a next?  :-)

DechanFraser

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2011, 20:43:00 »
I liked this story a lot.  I didn't feel it was too predictable.  I found not knowing the identity of the traitor to be more suspenseful than finding out what Jericho was.  Craig Reed has written some other stories I've liked (The Blood of Man, Salvage, and Hikagemono) and I hope to see future stories from him.

Register