Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
It can also increase shipping costs, too, depending on the shipper, etc.
The Inner Sphere / Re: What tech actually becomes obselete
« Last post by OatsAndHall on Today at 12:49:27 »
What if autocannons got improved to the HBS game specs damage? Would people still use them?

AC/2   5 dmg
AC/5   9 dmg
AC/10 12 dmg
AC/20 20 dmg

With those damage bands AND the ability to use specialty ammo, they'd still have a place. Well except the LB10X. That's superior to the AC/10 in everyway

Absolutely... Especially with the AC/2's range. Spitting out 5 damage at 24 hexes can't be ignored... Heck, pulling into medium range at 16 hexes would make the AC/2 nasty.
I've already got Megatron and Soundwave with Ravage, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Frenzy, Rumble and Ratbat :cheesy: ))

OF the decpticon cassets, i loved Ravage, ratbat and Rumble.  i also had Slugfest and Overkill from the G1 collection (see here)
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Decepticon_Mini-Cassette

For the autobots i had Ramhorn and steel jaw..
The Inner Sphere / Re: What tech actually becomes obselete
« Last post by garhkal on Today at 12:30:35 »
A Clan LRM 20 weighs 5 tons. That is before other considerations.
 Now the Inner Sphere has more professional strategies around the employment of LRM boats which will likely be retained.

WHich to me pushes the 'obsolessence of islrms', even more..
Ground Combat / Re: Adding in Arty
« Last post by OatsAndHall on Today at 12:22:28 »
Well the reason I asked that way Is you mentioned that one of the reason you used the overwatch is because a lot of players you play with use fast and light meduims.   And those fast units that can flank are a major way that you can deal with campers by getting in the rear arc.  But in your case you have the overwatch rule as well.   So I would suggest not using the overwatch rule and let those speed guys do what they do to deal with campers if you don't want artillery in the game.    I know you said the overwatch feels like it speeds your game up.  And you are right because if you take away the ablity to flank campers your enemy has problems.   

What is the "overwatch rule"? When I said we play with overwatch units, I basically just meant we park mechs with ranged weapons in suitable terrain and use them as snipers (or "overwatch"). And, yes, you're correct, fast mediums and lights make life tough for those units. But, IME, a good counter to fast movers is to park a big boy and pull better firing equations.
Strategic Combat / Re: Spheroid dropships landing damage in SBF
« Last post by Zematus737 on Today at 12:22:07 »
What is the error?  The terrain features must be affected by such a large object.  This is reasonable.  The Unit or Formation making the landing must also be affected by the terrain feature.  How is there controversy in this rule?
I'm not convinced.  I don't see where, in the text, an Engagement Control Roll is mandatory.  This can be used against the defensive Formation tactically, as you can move with a very high Tactics Value by using a very fast Elite Combat Vehicle to force an enemy Formation to attack it instead of what would otherwise be a better target of opportunity--and miss a shot on top of that! 

It doesn't make sense to feel forced to take what is essentially a bait Target and allow another Formation to bypass hostility from another Formation for having already been engaged by another Formation.  It also goes against any of the previous rule sets that never mention forced combat in any way or form.
Backer's didn't have problems with the multiple waves, but Catalyst staff have talked about the behind the scenes issues they caused being the second largest problem with that campaign, only behind overselling Canon characters.
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: New April minis
« Last post by Luciora on Today at 11:47:52 »
Pern inspired Branth Aerial Beast Infantry (Ramoth and Mnementh)
Stalker - Sniper Artillery mod
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: New April minis
« Last post by Luciora on Today at 11:47:01 »
Battlemech Recovery Vehicle
Buffalo Hover Transport
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register