Author Topic: Battletech Long Island III  (Read 104394 times)

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
Re: Battletech Long Island III
« Reply #1260 on: 12 April 2024, 20:35:42 »
“Sir I do know that Fuka is in the field with Crow’s Eye I am the one who has to OK any of the equipment for deployment after all.” Harald reminds his CO. “I will also remind you that I did give you a list of what ‘Mechs should be repaired and when they should be repaired.” Looking over his pad. “I will also recommend that when we get the Reaper on line that Testu come off line so we can up-grade her to a 5K Model?”

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1261 on: 14 April 2024, 01:13:36 »
“Sir I do know that Fuka is in the field with Crow’s Eye I am the one who has to OK any of the equipment for deployment after all.” Harald reminds his CO. “I will also remind you that I did give you a list of what ‘Mechs should be repaired and when they should be repaired.” Looking over his pad. “I will also recommend that when we get the Reaper on line that Testu come off line so we can up-grade her to a 5K Model?”

"Theon's Grand Dragon?"  Euron asked.  "I didn't realize we had the parts to make that happen.  I wish you could have informed me of this sooner, I just sent Theon out to back up Asha in the field."

OOG:  When did the Ironborn get the parts to make that happen?  I don't remember buying or salvaging an ER PPC, a CASE, Double Heat Sinks and an XL engine.  Also, given what has to be stripped out and replaced with other stuff, that could take months.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1262 on: 14 April 2024, 07:00:28 »
"Theon's Grand Dragon?"  Euron asked.  "I didn't realize we had the parts to make that happen.  I wish you could have informed me of this sooner, I just sent Theon out to back up Asha in the field."
[/qoute]

"This was just an idea. The Reaper need to be repaired first. As for the parts, CASE is something the team will build in when we strip down the Dragon. As for the weapons, well we need to get parts for all the other units that need repairs. What would be a few extras to do the up grade?" Harald looks at his commander. "I was also thinking not full up-grade. Replace the PPC and heat sinks. Add in the CASE. That will keep down both cost and time down." Showing Euron the plans. “Maybe change over the armor to Ferro and dropping half a ton or dropping one of the heat sinks as they will be replaced by freezers and adding half a ton.” Rubbing his chin. “We can do other things like drop a laser and add Artimes or one of the C3 slaves we have. We can do a lot with the ‘Mech, it is all up to how much money you would want to spend and how long you are willing to have the ‘Mech out of service.”

OOG:  When did the Ironborn get the parts to make that happen?  I don't remember buying or salvaging an ER PPC, a CASE, Double Heat Sinks and an XL engine.  Also, given what has to be stripped out and replaced with other stuff, that could take months.

You do not have the parts at this time. This is also a future project and the Reaper will need to be on line first. She will need about 6 months.
Just something to think about  :cool:

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1263 on: 15 April 2024, 02:13:10 »
"Hey, Pyke!"

Audra turned around to find Samuel Sanada flanked by two boys she didn't recognize.  So it's time, then. She thought to herself.  Ana had warned her of her "classmate's" return and now, it seemed, it was time to face the music.

"And what can I do for you, Sanada-san?"  She asked innocently as the group approached.

"You know what you did, gaijin."  Said Sanada angrily.

"Oh, come on."  Audra sighed.  "Are you still mad about the other day?"

One of Sanada's buddies grabbed her by the hair and forced her to her knees.  "You shut up, bitch!"

Audra allowed herself to be held down.  Ana had told her that she needed to deal with this in a way that would salve Samuel's fragile ego.  It was fine, Audra had prepared for this in advance.  In her pockets were a pair of extendable metal batons.  She may be a below average sword fighter, but she was an expert with fighting sticks.  If this got out of hand, these punks were in for a nasty surprise.  But, for now, she let them drag her behind the dorm and thrust against a wall.

"So what do you want us to do, Sam?"  One of the strangers asked.

"Hold her."  Samuel responded.  Pulling back, he punched her hard in the gut.  Audra doubled over in pain.

She coughed and laughed.  "Is that all you got?  Cause you hit like a girl."

Grunting, Samuel pulled her up and punched Audra again, this time directly in her breast, causing her even greater pain. 
She dropped to the ground, clutching her bruised chest.  Turning to his friends, Samuel barked.  "Rough her up.  But leave her head and neck unharmed.  It would be too obvious.  The rest is fair game."

"What's fair game?"  Came a voice from behind them.  Audra looked to her right and saw Ana and Isolde standing there.

"Damn."  Samuel cursed, recognizing the pair.  If it had just been Konstantinovich, it wouldn't have been as big a deal.  He could've intimidated her to leaving.  Isolde, on the other hand, was a teacher's assistant and part of the faculty.  He quickly called off his friends.  Looking down at the kneeling Audra, he smirked.  "I like seeing you in that position, Pyke.  It should remind you of your place here, kneeling at the feet of your betters.  See you around, gaijin on-na."  He left with the other two.

Once they were out of sight, Audra got up and dusted herself off.  Still wincing a bit asked, "So, how long were you two standing there and are you satisfied with my performance?"

Ana nodded.  "Long enough.  And yes, your performance was quite convincing.  As long as he thinks he's beaten you, he won't suspect anything.  We don't need anyone suspecting you of being more than what you appear to be."

"You know he's never going to let me live this down, right?"  Audra said.

"You're a big girl, Audra."  Said Isolde.  "You should be able to deal with a little bullying, especially since I know you've got a weapon hidden in your jacket."

Ana looked at Isolde questioningly as Audra drew out the batons and popped them open.  "Of course I do.  I never leave home without them."

Ana's eyes widened.  "You mean you could've fought them off and yet you didn't.  I'm impressed by your restraint."

"Nah."  Audra shook her head.  "These were just for if they tried to get really fresh with me.  I'm willing to take a few lumps for the team, but I wasn't going to let them force themselves on me."

"Samuel wouldn't do that."  Ana insisted.  "He has too much pride.  Such an act would dishonor him.  His friends, I'm less sure of.  I don't know if they were even students here."

"We can worry about that later."  Said Isolde.  "For now, let's get Audra to the infirmary.  By the way, Ana, I've received some information that you would find very interesting." 

"I don't need an infirmary."  Audra set her jaw.  "I can move on my own."  Though still in some pain, she walked ahead of them into the faculty building and Isolde's office.  Once there, Isolde sat them both down.  She showed them a printout with a list of names.  "Ana, these are the names and identities of your suitors..." 
« Last Edit: 15 April 2024, 02:16:04 by IronbornGreyjoy »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1264 on: 16 April 2024, 19:48:59 »
“That’s some of them.” She looks over the list. “My family knows a lot of people and with me as next in line they are all looking to find me the best husband.”
“And we thought that we had problems with family.” Audra quips.
“We do have to make sure who inter marries as the lines get tighter.” Isolde responds.
“This and my grandfather pushing me is why I started Elemental Foxes. It was great to be free and have some fun.” She looks around. “We should get moving just in case the friends return.”
“That sounds like a good idea.” Isolde gets them moving.
“You said some?” Audra looks at Ana.
“Yup, with all the business interests and just family everyone knows best …. All but me that is.” Ana looks down. “I don’t have any idea of who but I do need to know someone before walking the last mile. This is not the middle ages after all.”
“I bet your grandfather is more worried about the family line.” Isolde gets them in her car so they can find a place to talk more. “Your family is a mover and shaker from what we have been told.”
“We have been on world for some time and have major rolls here.” Ana gets in.
“Well we got your back.” Audra gets in the car.
“You OK?” Isolde asks Audra.
“It hurts a bit when I bend.”
“Let’s get you to the medics so they can make sure they didn’t bust you up inside.”
“I know of a place close by, no questions.” Ana looks at Audra.
“You know this place how?” Isolde gives Ana a look.
“Hay I have a band that plays in some rowdy places around here.”

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1265 on: 16 April 2024, 20:45:30 »
“That’s some of them.” She looks over the list. “My family knows a lot of people and with me as next in line they are all looking to find me the best husband.”
“And we thought that we had problems with family.” Audra quips.
“We do have to make sure who inter marries as the lines get tighter.” Isolde responds.
“This and my grandfather pushing me is why I started Elemental Foxes. It was great to be free and have some fun.” She looks around. “We should get moving just in case the friends return.”
“That sounds like a good idea.” Isolde gets them moving.
“You said some?” Audra looks at Ana.
“Yup, with all the business interests and just family everyone knows best …. All but me that is.” Ana looks down. “I don’t have any idea of who but I do need to know someone before walking the last mile. This is not the middle ages after all.”
“I bet your grandfather is more worried about the family line.” Isolde gets them in her car so they can find a place to talk more. “Your family is a mover and shaker from what we have been told.”
“We have been on world for some time and have major rolls here.” Ana gets in.
“Well we got your back.” Audra gets in the car.
“You OK?” Isolde asks Audra.
“It hurts a bit when I bend.”
“Let’s get you to the medics so they can make sure they didn’t bust you up inside.”
“I know of a place close by, no questions.” Ana looks at Audra.
“You know this place how?” Isolde gives Ana a look.
“Hay I have a band that plays in some rowdy places around here.”

"Well," The doctor said as she applied the bandages to Audra's chest.  "there's some bruising in your ribs and I wouldn't wear a bra for a while, but I don't see anything requiring hospital care."

"See," Audra joked despite the pain, "I told you he hit like a girl."

"You should consider yourself lucky, young lady."  The doctor retorted.  "If he'd caught you a little higher in the liver, you would be bed-ridden right now and we would have had to call emergency services."

Isolde shook her head.  "This is what happens when you pick unnecessary fights with people who have connections and deep pockets, Audra."

"Thank you, Tsushima-hagase."  Ana shook her hand.  "I'll have the money wired to you from my own account."

"Of course."  Tsushima responded. "You be careful now, Konstantinovich-sama."

"Well, now that I'm done being poked and prodded," Said Audra, "what next?"

Ana thought a moment before turning to Isolde.  "Take us to the hangar in the Neath."

"What?  Wait a minute."  Isolde was surprised.  "How do you know about--AUDRAAAAA!"

"Sorry.  I kinda took her there to show off."  Audra held up her hands in defense.

"UGGH!  Fine." Isolde resigned herself. "At least there, we'll know that no one will be listening in."

Isolde drove Ana and Audra to the hangar that contained her Mongoose.  Keying in her security code, she set the ECM jammer to prevent any outside communications or surveillence from monitoring them.  "Okay," She said, "we're shielded in here.  No one is listening."  Looking at Ana, she added, "Now, how about giving us a little more to work with so we can plan our next move.  Audra and I will do whatever you suggest, but we need to know your opinions and attitudes on the names we've already given you.  Also, what do you want us to do and look for to find out more about the ones we don't know about?  One more thing you should know about, Ana.  The Colonel has sent a team to Constantine Island to investigate the place in secret.  It won't arrive for about a month.  So, whatever you suggest, you should keep that in mind."
« Last Edit: 19 April 2024, 23:53:29 by IronbornGreyjoy »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1266 on: 17 April 2024, 19:41:23 »
“I know some of those that are looking to get me married off are hoping to move up but I do not know who is looking out for my family and who is only looking for themselves.” Ana looks at both of them.
“Like many families that have power.” Isolde shakes her head. “So much for the out in the middle of nowhere.”
“We all come from the same home world you know. Just some have moved further into the burbs.” Audra shrugs
“Well, all I can offer is look over all the paperwork and see who have to most to gain. “ Looking at both of them. “I have no one that I would want to call husband. Hay I’m not even looking.”
“The fun of family and friends.”
“The one thing your crew will need to take care when they look around. They will stick out as they are not local and will be watched.” Ana offers. “We watch all that come to the island.”

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1267 on: 19 April 2024, 23:51:46 »
“I know some of those that are looking to get me married off are hoping to move up but I do not know who is looking out for my family and who is only looking for themselves.” Ana looks at both of them.
“Like many families that have power.” Isolde shakes her head. “So much for the out in the middle of nowhere.”
“We all come from the same home world you know. Just some have moved further into the burbs.” Audra shrugs
“Well, all I can offer is look over all the paperwork and see who have to most to gain. “ Looking at both of them. “I have no one that I would want to call husband. Hay I’m not even looking.”
“The fun of family and friends.”
“The one thing your crew will need to take care when they look around. They will stick out as they are not local and will be watched.” Ana offers. “We watch all that come to the island.”

Isolde nodded.  "I'll make sure they get the message."

"Isolde," Audra spoke up, "why are we sending a crew to her family's island?  I mean, I know I wasn't told of the extent of the problem here, but this seems a bit much just to find out who Ana's dad wants her to marry."

Isolde shook her head.  "Sorry, I seem to have said too much.  You weren't told everything because the Colonel was worried you could be caught, interrogated and made to talk."

Audra shrugged, apparently accepting it, but internally, she was disappointed her uncle didn't trust her.  Turning back to Ana, she asked.  "By the way, Ana.  If this problem of yours was so bad, why didn't you go to the Governor for help?  Why only talk to Uncle Euron?"
« Last Edit: 20 April 2024, 00:01:46 by IronbornGreyjoy »

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1268 on: 19 April 2024, 23:55:51 »
Disregard.  Hit the wrong key.
« Last Edit: 20 April 2024, 00:01:04 by IronbornGreyjoy »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1269 on: 20 April 2024, 19:24:57 »
“If I had gone to the Chiji direct they would know that I know more then they want.” Ana looks at both of them. “By talking with you Uncle they would not be so sure of what I know and don’t know. He with a couple of your MechWarriors are the ones that brought be back home.  Also he would talk with the Chiji after all.”
“So you have some ideas?” Isolde asks.
“I have ideas but nothing solid. If I go after the wrong person/people then the ones that are doing the wrong thing will go back into the shadows.” Looking down Ana continues. “My Grandfather wants me to take over and everyone knows this. He is old and need someone to take over. My parents cannot and I do not have any cousins or older siblings so it is me.”
“You know all of this but you ran away?” Audra asks.
“It is a lot for a fifteen year old, don’t you think?” She looks at Audra with a smirk. “I wanted some time for me. I had no idea that my Grandfather would react the way he did. I think that some of it was someone whispering in his ear.”
“I will give you one thing, running your band and doing so well is no small thing.” Isolde adds.
“Well I have had some good teachers after all.” Ana looks at her watch. “Look we do need to get back to the dorm. I have to get together with the others we have a gig tomorrow night.”
“OK we will head out in a few.” Isolde looks around. “You now have something to do tomorrow night.” She grabs a light flak shirt. “Make sure you have this on just in case.”
“What, you think wimp-boy will be looking for more trouble?” Audra asks.
“That and you might need the extra padding if so others start things.” Isolde hands Audra the shirt. “Look as Ana said she plays is some Fun clubs.”
“She is right; someone for some reason does hit you will end up in the hospital. The Doc did say you were lucky this time. Just to let you in on a little something, out costumes are lined so if things get out of hand we have protection. The fun of playing the collage gigs.”

“Hay Ana I got us some help for the gear.”
“What? Why? We do our own setup you know.”
“Well with what happened and how hot things got at our last gig I figured a couple of extra hands would be a good thing.”
“I guess you are right. A lot has happened in the last few months and we can’t have the crew we use as Elemental Foxes. We are just some school girls after all.” Ana looks a Tihana
“Right, so the guys are on the Kendo team. They are hot also.” She has a great big smile on her face.
“Girl you got it bad.”
“What is wrong with a sweet little Alley Cat looking for a Tomcat.” Her smile got bigger. “When I asked them they were so in. They like the idea of hanging with us. They also like they get paid too.”
“They do know that things have gotten out of hand at some of the places we play?”
“Sure do, they have been at a bunch of our local gigs.”
“So they have no idea about the Foxes?”
“None, I think their heads would explode if they had any idea. From talking with them they are fans.”
“Well we need to keep them in the dark about the Foxes.”
“Can do! Mariyka got the van so we are set.”
“Good tell Jekaterina to make sure our cat gear is all set.”
“She already has it packed.”

“Wow you guys did fire up the place.” Audra tells the girls.
“It is what we do.” Jekaterina smiles. “If they only they knew.”
“Tihana where did you find the boys?” Mariyka asks.
“In the Kendo club.”
“I think I need to check it out more.” Mariyka checking out the boys as they take down the gear. “If I had any idea that such hot looking guys hid in that part of the school!” Shaking her hands.
“Well the way Wayne was watching you play I think you will get to see much more of him.” Jekaterina smiles at her friend.
“So Tihana what is the deal with the other one? Logan you said.” Ana asks.
“He is the shy type. Wayne talked him in to helping out.”
“Well you have someone that likes you a lot.” Ana watches them taking down the set.
“OH, what makes you think that?”
“Just the way he is treating you gear.” Ana gives a slight point. “He likes the curves.”

“Audra I think those two at the bar like you.” Mariyka points to the guys at the end pf the bar.
“I think they are checking you all out not me.”
“Don’t be so sure.” Jekaterina adds. “They have been watching you all night.”
“Why don’t I ask them over.” Ana waves at them. “We can find out when they get here.”
“Not a good idea. Check the door and look who just walked in, with friends.” Audra points to the door.
“Great, just what we don’t need.” Ana looks around for the clubs security.
Walking to the table Samuel and his crew. “Look who we have here and no teacher to bail you out.”
“Keep it in your paints Sam. I don’t think the owners want the place wrecked.” Marijka speaks up first.
“You and your friends keep out of this.” He looks at the girls. “As for damage I got that covered.” Big smile on his face.
Wayne and Logan move to the table. Wayne looks over the group. “Why don’t you just back off little man. Just because you family has money don’t mean jack.”
“YO Kendo boy you back off or we will kick your butt first and then settle with Pyke.” Samuel sweeps his hands to show off the dozen guys in his crew. “You don’t have your sticks here.”
“Don’t need them for you and your light weights.” Logan states. All the others at the table look at him with surprise.
“Wow it talks.” One of Sam’s crew moves up and pokes Logan in the chest.
From behind Sam’s crew. “Not a bright move buddy.” One of the two guys from the end of the bar offers.
Logan grabs the hot shots hand and drops him in one swift move. Before any of the others can do anything Wayne has Sam by his throat. “Like I said not bright.” Then before the clubs security can get to the trouble Sam’s crew is on the floor and Wayne still has Sam by his throat.
“Time for you and you friends to go.” The head of security looks at Sam.
“Do you know who I am?” Sam asks as best as he can with Wayne’s hand still around his throat.
“Sure do and tell you father that Henry said you are not welcome here.” The head of security points to the back of the club.
Sam looks in the direction and his eyes go wide. “Ok, Ok we are gone.” Wayne lets him go. He gets his buddies moving.
Ana looks over her shoulder as do the others. The older man in the back just lifts his glass to them.
« Last Edit: 20 April 2024, 20:46:45 by shadhawk »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1270 on: Today at 00:26:57 »
About 200 kilometers east of Kamloops the Raven, Anubis and Hitman are looking over the area.
“Someone has gone to a lot of trouble to have all of these vehicles out here.” Loni informs the others.
“YA with some of them heavy so they dough in deep.” Chao responds from his Raven.
“True but not all are combat vehicles.” Meifeng walking her Anubis around. “Going by the tracks we had some heavy transports out here as well.”
“This brings us back to the original question, just what are they hiding and who are they.” Loni walks her Hitman around the area.
“Well we will just have to find out.” Meifeng states as she starts off to the north. “Let’s see were all the toys were going.
“We better stay together.” Chao offers as he falls in behind her. “Even if they are just combat vehicles they have a lot and we are only three light ‘Mechs.”
“True but we have the tech edge.” Loni falls in last. “But we do need to stay alert.”

“This little trip of yours just cost us a lot.”
“Look you got off clean so what is your problem? Maybe you want to go back to your old paymasters?”
“How about we lost some heavy firepower. No they had some bad ideas about hit and run.”
“Well then don’t complain, we can find some to take the place of what we lost. With what we got and this ship we are set.”
“Well we need to find some place to do repairs and find that firepower. Some with some speed.”
“I know just the place.”

“Looks like you have a little trip in your future my friend.” Max looks down at the MechWarrior. “That and a good full time job with security.” Max smiles. “I thank all of you for not gutting his ride. When we get back dinner and the drinks are on me.” 
“What are we going to do with these two?”
“I’m sure the Chiji will want to have a long talk with them.”