Author Topic: Goliath Scorpion Aero Fighters  (Read 3339 times)

BlCharger

• Master Sergeant
Goliath Scorpion Aero Fighters
« on: 15 August 2019, 10:26:04 »
One of my future plans is building a Command Trinary which includes a Stinger Star. Stinger stars have 2 Aerofighters, usually heavy fighters.

However, I'm having a bit of trouble trying to find anything about the Scorpion's aerospace forces. The MUL isn't exactly a help as it lists pretty much every fighter and its variant in Clan Space as used by the Clan. Does anyone know if the Scorpions favored one fighter(s) over another?

Part of me wants to use the Xerxes as it is one sexy ride, but it is a 2nd line fighter.
"The Ghost Bears are one big, happy family. I am the crazy, fun loving aunt." - Star Captain Peri Rand.
"You can't write history without including mankind's incessant need to kill one another." - Dr. Jessica Kimball (Hopefully soon to be my canon character)

ravensword

• Sergeant
Re: Goliath Scorpion Aero Fighters
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2019, 11:28:02 »
Looking at the RAT in FM:Updates (which has a date of 3067), the most common frontline heavy fighter for the Scorpions is the Scytha.

BlCharger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 15 August 2019, 11:51:23 »
Looking at the RAT in FM:Updates (which has a date of 3067), the most common frontline heavy fighter for the Scorpions is the Scytha.

Thank you so much, Raven. Sadly, my book collection post-3060 is woefully lacking.
"The Ghost Bears are one big, happy family. I am the crazy, fun loving aunt." - Star Captain Peri Rand.
"You can't write history without including mankind's incessant need to kill one another." - Dr. Jessica Kimball (Hopefully soon to be my canon character)

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 15 August 2019, 12:42:32 »
Traditionally the Scorpions were weak on aerospace *and* low on resources, so the Xerxes would not be out of place.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #4 on: 15 August 2019, 20:34:23 »
Chippewa IIC

Old but useful...
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Chippewa_IIC

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

ravensword

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 15 August 2019, 22:33:59 »
Traditionally the Scorpions were weak on aerospace *and* low on resources, so the Xerxes would not be out of place.

I thought I remembered reading this somewhere, but couldn't come up with the reference.  Good to know I wasn't imagining things.

It's also worth noting that every frontline fighter for the Scorpions in FM:U is an Omni (but that's on a RAT with the usual caveat).

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #6 on: 15 August 2019, 22:39:11 »

Chippewa IIC

Old but useful...

Goth OmniFighter
Issedone OmniFighter
Ogotai OmniFighter

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #7 on: 16 August 2019, 11:38:32 »
Going into the 3060s the Scorpion's Khan is a ASF pilot . . . and she tried to make some reforms along those lines as well as freeing up the 'command' structure.  How successful they were is up to your opinion.

The Scorpions had a GREAT economic opportunity with Op Revival . . . they had one (if not the) largest collections of POTEMKINS.  They should have been renting them to the Invaders or at least Sharks (come on, like Angus Labov would not have made that his first visit in the Homeworlds) for hauling materials, warriors & lower caste to the IS.  THe Bears should have been knocking on that door in '57 or '58 when they started moving population.  Sure, one or two might have been in bad shape but that would have been the first negotiating point- 'Yeah, she has some problems that we have not had the resources (or inclination) to fix.  Hey, you Sharks/Wolves/Bears have that nice big shipyard that has room, right?'

But . . . yeah, I love the Xerxes for looks and weapons load.  To me, its something you station on your warship & DS fleet since those big guns are going to make a loud knock when they come to visit.  Leaves your Omnis to support ground forces where their ability to be reconfigured will matter more . . .

Of course, if you want to get meaner there is the Hydaspes (http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hydaspes) . . .
« Last Edit: 16 August 2019, 11:42:09 by Colt Ward »
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #8 on: 16 August 2019, 21:05:24 »
  THe Bears should have been knocking on that door in '57 or '58 when they started moving population.  Sure, one or two might have been in bad shape but that would have been the first negotiating point- 'Yeah, she has some problems that we have not had the resources (or inclination) to fix.  Hey, you Sharks/Wolves/Bears have that nice big shipyard that has room, right?'

Go check out TRO:Project Phoenix. How do you think Clan Hells Horses got Tokasha in FM3067? They took it off the Scorpions who got it in payment from the Bears.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 19 August 2019, 16:01:35 »

Goth OmniFighter
Issedone OmniFighter
Ogotai OmniFighter
Goth is the Omni version of the Goth
Issedone is the Omni version of the Spad
what is the Ogotai?
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #10 on: 19 August 2019, 16:16:35 »
Go check out TRO:Project Phoenix. How do you think Clan Hells Horses got Tokasha in FM3067? They took it off the Scorpions who got it in payment from the Bears.

Yeah, but the Scorpion entry never said the ships left . . . and the two that need some repairs/maintenance were STILL in that condition between FMWC & FMU, no evidence the Scorpion Potemkin fleet was used unfortunately.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #11 on: 19 August 2019, 16:29:07 »
Wait?

Where will those two ships be located at again?

TT

EDIT: Nvm... found out.

Yeah, but the Scorpion entry never said the ships left . . . and the two that need some repairs/maintenance were STILL in that condition between FMWC & FMU, no evidence the Scorpion Potemkin fleet was used unfortunately.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Epimetheus_(Individual_Potemkin-class_WarShip)

TT
« Last Edit: 19 August 2019, 16:34:10 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #12 on: 19 August 2019, 16:52:06 »

True. All that is known is that the Scorpions rendered assistance equal to the value of an OmniMech factory.

Goth is the Omni version of the Goth
Issedone is the Omni version of the Spad
what is the Ogotai?

Clan Diamond Sharks first Omnifighter. P18 Strategic Ops.

Star Admiral

• Recruit
« Reply #13 on: 28 August 2019, 06:35:51 »
I do no the scorpions used Kirighiz fighters to transport elementals into battle.

Register