Author Topic: New and Upcoming Releases: The Ninth Circle  (Read 224324 times)

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Re: New and Upcoming Releases: The Ninth Circle
« Reply #90 on: 19 March 2017, 18:03:51 »
I know that everyone is eagerly awaiting ilClan to move the story forward (I can't wait to find out what happens, either), but I really hope that the TtS series turns out to be a long-running success.  I really love the new details that they are injecting into the BT Universe.
The mini-PDFs are doing fine, I don't see them going away any time soon. In fact, right now I'm working on a compilation line for the Turning Points series, with a print on demand option, and if that turns out well, you can be sure that the Touring the Stars and Spotlight On will follow suit.

So if all goes well, be on the lookout for Turning Points: Capitals Punishment available soon in PDF and print on demand.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #91 on: 19 March 2017, 18:24:03 »
The mini-PDFs are doing fine, I don't see them going away any time soon. In fact, right now I'm working on a compilation line for the Turning Points series, with a print on demand option, and if that turns out well, you can be sure that the Touring the Stars and Spotlight On will follow suit.

So if all goes well, be on the lookout for Turning Points: Capitals Punishment available soon in PDF and print on demand.
That's awesome.  I'd love to see compilation of those series!  :D Capital Punishment sounds like interesting twist in Turning point series, law enforcement theme?  :o 
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #92 on: 19 March 2017, 18:27:34 »
Sounds interesting
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #93 on: 19 March 2017, 18:32:49 »
That's awesome.  I'd love to see compilation of those series!  :D Capital Punishment sounds like interesting twist in Turning point series, law enforcement theme?  :o

My best guess is it's a collection of all the Jihad Turning Points: <Capital Planet>.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #94 on: 19 March 2017, 18:39:50 »
My best guess is it's a collection of all the Jihad Turning Points: <Capital Planet>.

hope not got them all

Maybe it's dead worlds Galax, Alarion, Galedon V, Highspire all those that paid the heaviest price
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #95 on: 19 March 2017, 18:51:52 »
Maybe it's dead worlds Galax, Alarion, Galedon V, Highspire all those that paid the heaviest price
These are compilations for print on demand, not brand new publications.
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #96 on: 19 March 2017, 20:31:34 »
I've read about 75% of them but have bought all the TtS and SpotLights so far. Can't wait for the next one!

Speaking of Old Kentucky is that one ready for release or still getting the final touches?

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #97 on: 19 March 2017, 20:40:01 »
Final touches, with more on the way...
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #98 on: 19 March 2017, 20:45:54 »
Just finished reading some of the Second Succession War book...

Holy ******.

My favorite Historical. EVER.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #99 on: 19 March 2017, 21:01:09 »

Holy ******.

No fair, you're teasing us too much.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #100 on: 19 March 2017, 22:51:08 »
Well, I could tease up some of the upcoming SOs and TtSs. Would that work?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #101 on: 19 March 2017, 22:53:55 »
I think you should be teasing up some of the new rules for ISW that might come out in 2SW ... provided the Curse of Pagecount doesn't intervene. Again.  >:(
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

CungrVanck

• Warrant Officer
  • Inner Sphere Historian
« Reply #102 on: 20 March 2017, 06:23:23 »

Holy ******.

Looking forward to this one!  And IlClan....and more Spotlight On....and more Touring the Stars.....and more Combat Manuals.  MOAR!!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #103 on: 20 March 2017, 09:03:38 »
What happened to the milestones?   I understand why one of them is waiting for IlClan come out, but what about the others?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

RotS fan

• Master Sergeant
  • Ad securitas per unitas
« Reply #104 on: 20 March 2017, 09:50:32 »
Yep, that works

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #105 on: 20 March 2017, 10:20:16 »

ANY new product info is welcome at ANY time

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #106 on: 20 March 2017, 11:10:27 »
Checking my revised schedule, looks like Touring the Stars: Old Kentucky is up next.

Is Old Kentucky the system with the cannibal carnivorous baboons and Maskirovka outpost in it?
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #107 on: 20 March 2017, 11:13:15 »
Is Old Kentucky the system with the cannibal carnivorous baboons and Maskirovka outpost in it?

And entire dropships full of bourbon.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #108 on: 20 March 2017, 11:23:44 »
And entire dropships full of bourbon.

SOLD!!!
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #109 on: 20 March 2017, 11:37:24 »
Wow, I completely forgot about that one.  Cudos to Cubby for adding that Machine in there!

So, a bit of a "liner note" here - that 'Mech really was the spark for this entire product.

I really liked the entry in XTRO: Phantoms, and was determined to do something with the 'Mech in question someday. I thought it might be a BattleCorps story, but otherwise had put it in the back of my mind. That is, until the solicitations for "Spotlight On" went out--I knew I wanted to do a post-Jihad unit, ideally a Republic one, and pairing the Stone's Trackers option with that 'Mech felt like a total chocolate-meets-peanut butter moment.

Building out the backstory for why that 'Mech exists, how it would be used, and how it would fit in with a unit called the "212th Nova Cat Headhunter Binary" really just formed a natural skeleton for the story.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Eisenwolf

• Sergeant
  • Martius Lupus
« Reply #110 on: 20 March 2017, 15:18:14 »
These are compilations for print on demand, not brand new publications.

Will there be any new Turning Points in the near future.
I REALLY like those but compilations of material I already own does not interest me at all.

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #111 on: 20 March 2017, 16:09:41 »
Managed to get some time to read through the Stones Trackers spotlight last night, and that was a fun one! Was a little sad it turned into infantry-only in the Republic era, but the explanation made sense. And that inclusion of the Wight variant was perfect. Kudos on that idea.

One question: Where in the heck did that JVN-10F come from in Alpha Star??? The rest of the mechs all make sense to me: the newer tech or more recent variants of mechs, the pulse weapons and targeting computers, even the Hollander makes sense to me (especially outside of Alpha Strike.) But who pissed off Santin West and got stuck in an intro-tech Javelin!?

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #112 on: 20 March 2017, 16:22:40 »
Will there be any new Turning Points in the near future.
There are a handful in various stages of development.

I REALLY like those but compilations of material I already own does not interest me at all.
Sure, but they've never been offered in print. #1 complaint for all our electronic publications, is that people want them in print, and that's the the purpose those compilations fulfill.

fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #113 on: 20 March 2017, 16:55:35 »
I've never looked at print on demand before. Is it a function that'll be available in Europe, or does it tend to be US only? I love the pdf documents for searching and reading discretely at work but there are times where I just want to be able to dig out a hard copy and leave it next to the computer to play with.

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #114 on: 20 March 2017, 16:56:19 »
So based on that if it does well we could see other products such as the Spotlight or Touring series get print on demand?

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #115 on: 20 March 2017, 19:09:45 »
Got me my new stuff
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #116 on: 20 March 2017, 19:16:17 »
But who pissed off Santin West and got stuck in an intro-tech Javelin!?

Someone who got a little too frisky with the Iron Wombs.   :D

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #117 on: 20 March 2017, 22:15:42 »

Aren't they one and the same?

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #118 on: 20 March 2017, 22:56:10 »
No, the baboons are more intelligent  ;D

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #119 on: 21 March 2017, 00:00:29 »
But does it have sharks who's brains are made out of dynamite?
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?