Author Topic: Rifle Cannon extinction date  (Read 2757 times)

RifleMech

• Major
Rifle Cannon extinction date
« on: 19 August 2019, 08:30:12 »
I was just wondering why the extinction date for Rifle Cannons was put during the middle of the Second Succession War. I would have thought they'd of gone extinct sooner and then be reintroduced when minor Periphery States couldn't import autocannons do to the ongoing Succession Wars. I'm not complaining, it just seems odd that these old weapons would be in use during the Star League and go extinct along with all the high tech stuff. So I thought I'd ask.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Rifle Cannon extinction date
« Reply #1 on: 19 August 2019, 08:41:43 »
Couple reasons. Just my opinion, not official reasons.
1. Because the 3rd Succession War has long been detailed what was in it, and Rifle Cannons weren't.
2. Even the Periphery was still making autocannons, they didn't need Rifle Cannons.

Some things were lost due to advanced technology.  But some things were lost because they were old and just hanging around, and when the destruction of the early Succession Wars hit they weren't replaced with the ancient technology but with current technology. 
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

RifleMech

• Major
Re: Rifle Cannon extinction date
« Reply #2 on: 20 August 2019, 04:55:11 »
Couple reasons. Just my opinion, not official reasons.
1. Because the 3rd Succession War has long been detailed what was in it, and Rifle Cannons weren't.
2. Even the Periphery was still making autocannons, they didn't need Rifle Cannons.

Some things were lost due to advanced technology.  But some things were lost because they were old and just hanging around, and when the destruction of the early Succession Wars hit they weren't replaced with the ancient technology but with current technology.

Thanks
We have gotten new things like Blazers and Electronic Warfare Equipment. Other things have been revised so there's always room for more.
Not everyone made things. They imported. We also know that the wars disrupted commerce, hence the need for some minor power to look for something they could build.
Which is why I would have thought they'd of gone before the Succession Wars. 

But I was just wondering. Thanks :)