Author Topic: New minis on CGL's Tumblr  (Read 6795 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
New minis on CGL's Tumblr
« on: 11 June 2016, 10:16:20 »
Very nice...

Juliano, Templar III, Centurion OmniMech, the Gotterdammerung!

They look good, i think the Juliano is best of this bunch.
« Last Edit: 16 June 2016, 15:42:05 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Papabees

• Lieutenant
Re: New mini on CGL's Tumblr
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2016, 10:56:16 »
That Templar III looks soooo much better than the MWDA one. I always hated it but this is the fashizzle.

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2016, 11:11:30 »
Omni-Centurion and the Templar III are killer! The Juliano is pretty cool too
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2016, 11:38:10 »
It is nice to finally see them do some promoting for IWM and not just the video games.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 11 June 2016, 11:52:02 »
All look great, even the Gott-whatever and Juliano which i don't usually like.

The Templar III is especially awesome looking.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 11 June 2016, 16:28:31 »
Wow, definitely going to order one of each.  The OmniCent looks much better than the art, but for me has to lose the shoulder studs.

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: 11 June 2016, 16:35:48 »
I especially like the Templar III!

Also... Out of curiosity, when did they change the artwork on the blisterpack? Is this the first round of releases with it?  Looks great!
At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

JadedFalcon

• Lieutenant
  • Wins at Battleteching
« Reply #7 on: 11 June 2016, 18:49:34 »
Not crazy about the Gotti, but willing to be proven wrong. Maybe it needs some paint.

The Juliano is looking as impressive as the artwork. Dark Age is a good time to be a FWL player.

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
« Reply #8 on: 11 June 2016, 19:00:19 »
Well, I'll be gettin' some more Templar's (Gotta match my arm). Maybe the Juliano too. It looks sweet  O0
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 11 June 2016, 19:04:33 »
Wow, definitely going to order one of each.  The OmniCent looks much better than the art, but for me has to lose the shoulder studs.

Good news: they're separate pieces so you can just leave them off.

I have a MIGHTY NEED for some Julianos.  Sexy, sexy beasts right there.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Iron Wind Metals
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: 11 June 2016, 19:16:21 »
I especially like the Templar III!

Also... Out of curiosity, when did they change the artwork on the blisterpack? Is this the first round of releases with it?  Looks great!

We redid the blister at the end of last year and had to order more just recently. This is the first release with the new blister card.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #11 on: 11 June 2016, 19:26:27 »
I really like this format for showing off new releases.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
« Reply #12 on: 11 June 2016, 20:47:44 »
Good news: they're separate pieces so you can just leave them off.

I designed those shoulder studs to be left off really easy.  Should just be a few dabs of super glue and a little sanding.  I am glad you like the mini! There was a ton of work on that one, and I think it came out perfectly.

Thank you all for the compliments on the OmniCent!

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 11 June 2016, 23:11:53 »
But you forgot the red moving eye  :P

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 12 June 2016, 17:05:28 »
Nice minis IWM; great translation by the sculptors of some solid art.  For the first time in a while I am tempted to buy new 'Mechs regardless of faction.  Question though, what is the rock salt like substance on each of the bases?

Louie N

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: 12 June 2016, 20:47:28 »
Really great minis all around.

I am guessing that some one has added material for basing just before priming the minis.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #16 on: 13 June 2016, 09:30:27 »
I got the Juliano at my FLGS last Saturday and I am looking forward to preparing it.  It looks solid but perhaps biggish . . . it will be interesting to put it up next to a Atlas.

I definitely look forward into adding it in to my 4th Regulan Hussars force . . .

Which has painted up so far . . .
Quasimodo, Calliope and Havoc
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Nastyogre

• Warrant Officer
  • Sons of the Suns, Defend your homes!
« Reply #17 on: 13 June 2016, 15:51:58 »
I like them all. I really like the Centurion. Is the model itself better than the old reliable Centy? No, not really. BUT It's a new Centy model. It looks good. Faithful to the artwork, even if it is Dark Age artwork designed for clicky-tech. It doesn't look ridiculous or cartoonish. (Ok the left hand is a little big, but it's plausible)

None of these suffer from the "Tumor" guns. (Guns on little nodules that stick out all over the place, like say the Blood Asp, Saggitaire, Warlord) None of the suffer from the "Just bolted on" appearance either. (A number of designs from the 3060's and 3075's look like this in art and miniature)

So I like them. I can't say they look like the old models but they look enough like them that you don't think it's some other game's miniatures.

Thanks for a nice product. I can add a centy or two to my half dozen centurions.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #18 on: 13 June 2016, 16:10:22 »
That is some good stuff.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Spenetrator

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: 14 June 2016, 02:44:31 »
I have a 'Gotti' (that's gonna stick) on order, because I loved the artwork so much. I'll suspend judgement on the mini until I've got it painted up, but the torso looks a bit... flat compared to the artwork and the mini seems less chunky. But that could all be in the pic. Looking forward to getting that bad boy painted up!

Mwenski

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: 14 June 2016, 07:13:02 »
That's a great looking batch of new releases. I'm especially excited about the Templar arms. I'm wondering how they will look on a marauder 4x or reseen warhammer.

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #21 on: 14 June 2016, 09:17:02 »
Love that Templar and the Centuriomni.  I've never been crazy about the design of the left shoulder, but it is a solid follow up for one of my favorite medium mechs.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: 14 June 2016, 11:33:56 »
Oh! Centurion Omni Alt A has officially announced!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #23 on: 16 June 2016, 12:59:06 »
Just opened up my Juliano . . .

With 12 pieces its more than I usually like BUT . . . its built like the Quasimodo that was pretty easy to put together and most of those parts are the legs like the Quasi.  The medium was easy to pose with the legs being that adjustable.

The cast looks pretty good with just a bit of clean up.

Now that I hold it in my hand . . . anyone else think the torso looks like the Archangel?
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
Re: New minis on CGL's Tumblr
« Reply #24 on: 16 June 2016, 18:48:19 »
Reminds me of another mech but I can't put my finger on it.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #25 on: 16 June 2016, 18:57:52 »
I have not opened up my WoB special mech pack so I cannot say much about how they compare mini-wise but looking at the torsos . . . its really close it seems.  Might check next weekend during SoonerCon if I have it together.
Colt Ward

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #26 on: 16 June 2016, 20:42:31 »
Reminds me of another mech but I can't put my finger on it.

Victor? That's what came to my mind.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #27 on: 16 June 2016, 21:09:39 »
The Juliano torso?

vs

Chop off half the shoulders, drop the centerline weapon a bit in the torso and humanoid legs . . . but its close- it even has fins off the shoulders.
Colt Ward

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: 16 June 2016, 21:25:37 »
Okay, I feel really stupid here, but, where exactly can I find these on IWM's site? I've been looking up and down their site and can't seem to find these Mechs anywhere. Searches for the Mechs turn up nothing, they aren't under new releases and there's absolutely nothing under coming soon.

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #29 on: 16 June 2016, 21:27:28 »
IWM waits at least a month before they get added to their site. It gives regular shops a chance to sell them to us first.

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #30 on: 16 June 2016, 21:30:35 »
IWM waits at least a month before they get added to their site. It gives regular shops a chance to sell them to us first.

Ahhh, I wasn't aware of that. Greatly appreciated, thanks!

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #31 on: 16 June 2016, 22:27:04 »
I only knew about the Juliano b/c I picked it up Saturday during a game that was on the FLGS 'birthday' so they had a 20% off sale.  Worked well for the mini being a bit larger.
Colt Ward

Mwenski

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 22 June 2016, 00:56:22 »
Good price on the Centurion at the FLGS

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 23 June 2016, 19:11:09 »
Just got mine today from my local store.  Can't wait to get started on them!  I might look into replacing the OmniCent's cannon and fist too depending on what's in my bits box.

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #34 on: 23 June 2016, 20:08:50 »
Awesome! I'm  really impressed with the Omni Centurion. I was afraid the lower legs would be grossly over sized.
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: 24 June 2016, 10:48:05 »
Awesome! I'm  really impressed with the Omni Centurion. I was afraid the lower legs would be grossly over sized.

Glad you like it! Did you see the Centurion Resculpt that came out too? Well, I used the resculpt as the skeleton underneath, and they share the exact same proportions.

Battletechplayer2015

• Recruit
« Reply #36 on: 27 June 2016, 09:14:07 »
And it sucks for some of us as far as the latest and greatest goes. Some shops just don't carry CBT anymore and why should I order through them when I can do it myself and pay less with the power of the internet. I would support my local shop but frankly its become too expensive with the IWM price hikes to order though them. Not that I am complaining IWM I love CBT more than the other sci-fi games so it is not an issue when it comes to ordering online. It just seems like rather than try and build a game hobby up in their areas hobby stores are more into faddish games. It is a business after all. The way I feel now, with the internet, if you don't want my money, I will give it to someone else. That's a shame because I know people will buy CBT if it were supported by stores because we always draw a crowd while playing with terrain and nicely painted minis.

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #37 on: 27 June 2016, 13:25:14 »
And it sucks for some of us as far as the latest and greatest goes. Some shops just don't carry CBT anymore and why should I order through them when I can do it myself and pay less with the power of the internet. I would support my local shop but frankly its become too expensive with the IWM price hikes to order though them. Not that I am complaining IWM I love CBT more than the other sci-fi games so it is not an issue when it comes to ordering online. It just seems like rather than try and build a game hobby up in their areas hobby stores are more into faddish games. It is a business after all. The way I feel now, with the internet, if you don't want my money, I will give it to someone else. That's a shame because I know people will buy CBT if it were supported by stores because we always draw a crowd while playing with terrain and nicely painted minis.

Retailer's Catch-22:
- If no one buys it from them, they don't see demand. If there is no demand, there is no reason to order it for stock.
- If they don't order it for stock, no one buys it from them.

Back to the main topic at hand... Which of these are general distribution and when can I bring it in my store?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #38 on: 27 June 2016, 13:35:53 »
They should all be in stores, or available to them, currently.  I picked up the Juliano two weeks ago and it is in the process of being built.
Colt Ward

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #39 on: 27 June 2016, 14:35:05 »
If the code is 20-***, then it's general release. If it's BT-***, then it's web-only. At least for new releases, that is. Plenty of older 20-code pieces are only on the website.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Mwenski

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: 05 July 2016, 23:24:49 »
I bought them from the local shop. Thanks to the changes in cards, it's easy to spot from the register when there are new mini's in.  :)

Register