Author Topic: New minis on CGL's Tumblr  (Read 6824 times)

Reldn

• Lieutenant
Re: New minis on CGL's Tumblr
« Reply #30 on: 16 June 2016, 21:30:35 »
IWM waits at least a month before they get added to their site. It gives regular shops a chance to sell them to us first.

Ahhh, I wasn't aware of that. Greatly appreciated, thanks!

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #31 on: 16 June 2016, 22:27:04 »
I only knew about the Juliano b/c I picked it up Saturday during a game that was on the FLGS 'birthday' so they had a 20% off sale.  Worked well for the mini being a bit larger.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Mwenski

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 22 June 2016, 00:56:22 »
Good price on the Centurion at the FLGS

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 23 June 2016, 19:11:09 »
Just got mine today from my local store.  Can't wait to get started on them!  I might look into replacing the OmniCent's cannon and fist too depending on what's in my bits box.

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #34 on: 23 June 2016, 20:08:50 »
Awesome! I'm  really impressed with the Omni Centurion. I was afraid the lower legs would be grossly over sized.
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
« Reply #35 on: 24 June 2016, 10:48:05 »
Awesome! I'm  really impressed with the Omni Centurion. I was afraid the lower legs would be grossly over sized.

Glad you like it! Did you see the Centurion Resculpt that came out too? Well, I used the resculpt as the skeleton underneath, and they share the exact same proportions.

Battletechplayer2015

• Recruit
« Reply #36 on: 27 June 2016, 09:14:07 »
And it sucks for some of us as far as the latest and greatest goes. Some shops just don't carry CBT anymore and why should I order through them when I can do it myself and pay less with the power of the internet. I would support my local shop but frankly its become too expensive with the IWM price hikes to order though them. Not that I am complaining IWM I love CBT more than the other sci-fi games so it is not an issue when it comes to ordering online. It just seems like rather than try and build a game hobby up in their areas hobby stores are more into faddish games. It is a business after all. The way I feel now, with the internet, if you don't want my money, I will give it to someone else. That's a shame because I know people will buy CBT if it were supported by stores because we always draw a crowd while playing with terrain and nicely painted minis.

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #37 on: 27 June 2016, 13:25:14 »
And it sucks for some of us as far as the latest and greatest goes. Some shops just don't carry CBT anymore and why should I order through them when I can do it myself and pay less with the power of the internet. I would support my local shop but frankly its become too expensive with the IWM price hikes to order though them. Not that I am complaining IWM I love CBT more than the other sci-fi games so it is not an issue when it comes to ordering online. It just seems like rather than try and build a game hobby up in their areas hobby stores are more into faddish games. It is a business after all. The way I feel now, with the internet, if you don't want my money, I will give it to someone else. That's a shame because I know people will buy CBT if it were supported by stores because we always draw a crowd while playing with terrain and nicely painted minis.

Retailer's Catch-22:
- If no one buys it from them, they don't see demand. If there is no demand, there is no reason to order it for stock.
- If they don't order it for stock, no one buys it from them.

Back to the main topic at hand... Which of these are general distribution and when can I bring it in my store?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #38 on: 27 June 2016, 13:35:53 »
They should all be in stores, or available to them, currently.  I picked up the Juliano two weeks ago and it is in the process of being built.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #39 on: 27 June 2016, 14:35:05 »
If the code is 20-***, then it's general release. If it's BT-***, then it's web-only. At least for new releases, that is. Plenty of older 20-code pieces are only on the website.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Mwenski

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: 05 July 2016, 23:24:49 »
I bought them from the local shop. Thanks to the changes in cards, it's easy to spot from the register when there are new mini's in.  :)

Register