Author Topic: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion, Vol. 4, The Madness Begins  (Read 177969 times)

BoloMKIV

• Private
Still waiting for regular size recruiting posters.. imagine the marketting for DEST or Death Commandos, much less the Grey Death Legion or DCMS.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
What, no love for the Lothian League?  ???  ;D

New St. Andrews

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Did we get a update yesterday?

Founding of the Clans I ebook released at end of KS campaign?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
No update as far as I can tell.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
They said they would talk to CrowdOx and Quartermaster on Tuesday, so it might be possible the update is delayed because of those talks.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
Redemption Rift is out!
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
More scenarios/fiction anytime soon?
I have spoken.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
Redemption Rift just dropped, its Dark Age Dragoon fiction . . . but yeah, I am looking for Founding of the Clans 1 b/c of the KS goals getting mixed up.
Colt Ward

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
And the update just dropped, all about the pledge manager.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Greatclub

• Captain
A guy I know does custom dice. The ones he makes for battletech movement trackers got mentioned in the kicstarter comments somewhere, and he has been struggling to keep up with orders. Literally had to order more blanks and put in more hours than normal.

Yeah, I think this thing might be just a little bigger than CGL estimated going in.
« Last Edit: 27 September 2019, 02:52:40 by Greatclub »

Ursus Maior

• Warrant Officer
  • Just here for a little mayhem.
Update sounds good, I'm not in a haste to drop more money into the PM since my account still hurts and Spiel 2019 in Essen is on the horizon.

Those dice are on my list as well. Unfortunately, they're very hard to get in Europe.
liber et infractus

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
The Kickstarter has, so far, been very good for IWM.  Since the theme is Clans, with Tukayyid maps to boot, I decided to round out my ComStar forces - I was collecting one-of-each back in the 80s and 90s, but Ral Partha never completed either the TRO:3026 or TRO:2750 vehicle sets.  IWM has mostly covered those bases (no Cyranos or Engineering Vehicles, alas), so I just dropped $600 on some ComGuard tanks and assorted other vehicles for the plastic Clan Omnis to stomp on at Losje and Tost.
« Last Edit: 27 September 2019, 07:26:02 by Mendrugo »
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Charlie Tango

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm feeling a little sketchy...

Yeah, I think this thing might be just a little bigger than CGL estimated going in.

For a game that before the Kickstarter was estimated to have at the high end 10,000 players left worldwide, I don't think *anybody* could have reasonably expected one of the top 100 Kickstarters of all time to result.   To me,  it proved the adage "Make something the consumer wants to buy."

I for one am glad that CGL and CrowdOx are taking their time to make as sure as they can that the Pledge Manager works and works right (as much as possible) the first time.  The extra work being done on the Pledge Manager should not be affecting work on the other parts of the process (sculpting, writing, editing, creating) from moving forward, so I don't see it as a negative.
"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature.
There may be other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be based on war and games."

-- William S. Burroughs

Giorgio76

• Private
KS Updates #40 and #41 TL:DR version:
Good News: Our Kickstarter was an overwhelming success!
Bad News: Our Kickstarter was an overwhelming success!
 ;)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
I for one am glad that CGL and CrowdOx are taking their time to make as sure as they can that the Pledge Manager works and works right (as much as possible) the first time.  The extra work being done on the Pledge Manager should not be affecting work on the other parts of the process (sculpting, writing, editing, creating) from moving forward, so I don't see it as a negative.
Agree with that.  Please take the time to do it right.  No need to rush something together.  Glad to hear that is what they are trying to do. :thumbsup:

I would not want to see such a great Kickstarter ruined by a junky pledge manager. 
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
KS Updates #40 and #41 TL:DR version:
Good News: Our Kickstarter was an overwhelming success!
Bad News: Our Kickstarter was an overwhelming success!
 ;)

Lol, pretty much
Colt Ward

abou

• Captain

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
It’s false.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

abou

• Captain
Ah, bummer. But good to know.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
Yeah, that website is garbage and post anything that will get them clicks.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

pheonixstorm

• Major
If not for the search function I don't see how you COULD find anything on that site. It is a web devs worst knightmare. Looks like something a 5 year old would put together in Frontpage 2000.

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/44136/catalyst-game-labs-release-classic-battletech-board-game

Did I miss this? My Google Chrome algorithm picked this up.

It’s false.

At least they fixed the article, confirming that there will not be a new edition:

CORRECTION, as of 1:20 p.m., September 27, 2019: 
Catalyst Game Labs will NOT release a new edition of The Succession Wars, a classic BattleTech board game, which was originally published in 1987 by FASA.  ICv2 published a story in the early morning of Friday, September 27 based on information from a Catalyst distributor.  Catalyst had not responded to several requests for confirmation over several days in time for publication.  Our apologies for the incorrect information we published, ed.
« Last Edit: 27 September 2019, 19:29:36 by Ghaz »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
To be perfectly correct, they'd have to add that despite rules for a game at that scale being published (ISAW) in the not too distant past, no newer rules are being published...  ::)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Source was a “Catalyst distributor”

Damn rookies

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Greatclub

• Captain
Looks at the local distribotor website, still claiming that combat Manual Davion is coming "Soon©"

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
Looks at the local distribotor website, still claiming that combat Manual Davion is coming "Soon©"

Don't give them to much flak, CGL own coming soon page hasn't been updated in a while now.
I assume do to the all hands on deck for the KS.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Don't give them to much flak, CGL own coming soon page hasn't been updated in a while now.

When you are so far behind you are way behind even the "hasn't been updated in a while", you're not even trying :).
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer

Hm. Good point, I need to give that a pass soon.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
So something that could excite folks who did not participate in the KS-  Story summit for stretch goal fiction!  Honor & Glory stories and plugging in the names!

With that said did we actually submit our name bit yet?  did I miss it?
Colt Ward

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
No.  It will probably be in the pledge manager.

You don't actually need to know names to plug them into stories.  Just identify which characters don't need to be from some other story or don't need any continuity and mark them as <backer reward ####> in the rough draft text.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Register