Author Topic: Silly measurement question  (Read 2160 times)

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
Silly measurement question
« on: 13 October 2016, 15:05:55 »
a while ago I have aquirred a filing cabinet that appears to have been originally for microfilm storage. The drawrs are perfect for my minis to be stored long term. Thing is, i am not satisfied with the mattress foam i use to pad the drawers.  So if i am looking at custome foam cutouts, I kinda need to establish a baseline for miniature dimensions

So to the best of everyone's knowledge, what is the tallest mech mini out there, how about the widest?. Regular mech, i know the super heavies are huge
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
Re: Silly measurement question
« Reply #1 on: 13 October 2016, 16:47:19 »
My Shiro is 2 inch by 2.5 inch by 3.5 inch high. My Archangels are 3 inch wide by 2.5 inch by 2 inch. I think the thickness was 2 and not the height on that one. They are the only minis I own that can't fit in my battlefoam trays due to size.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #2 on: 13 October 2016, 22:30:58 »
3 inches follows what I suspected at the widest... each tray is 12 X 24 but is divided in half so functionally I have two six inch trays per drawer. been trying to figure out if I want to get egg crate custom cut and fit the minis at an angle, or if I want to get sexy and get cut a 1 inch thick pad with 2 inch hexes arrayed and have my minis standing up...

is it weird I call this thing the Brian Cache?
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #3 on: 14 October 2016, 06:50:31 »
Standing is nice but egg-crate foam is easy and relatively cheap to get cut to custom sizes.

You are not the only weird one to call your miniature collection/storage a Brian Cache (I do the same). I find it to be fitting as I am not getting much chance to use my minis in actual play at the moment.
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

Register