Author Topic: New Development Snapshot 0.47.6 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 10134 times)

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
*Binary Laser Cannons mounted on aerospace units (small craft and fighters have been tried) display a damage value of 16 instead of 12 on the record sheet.
Don't worry about this one, I can do a quick fix today.

Other two you can link.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
I hadn't really noticed it before but there seems to be an issue with mass advance days.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
I hadn't really noticed it before but there seems to be an issue with mass advance days.
Anything in the log?
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
I am having trouble getting Github to open a new issue so I'll go ahead and attach it below.

It doesn't seem to matter what campaign I load up and I'm not sure which version it first cropped up in because I use the feature rather rarely so it slips my mind a lot to report it.

Windchild

• Master Sergeant
What is the issue?
MegaMek Developer - MekHQ, Personnel, and Internal Focus
MegaMek Discord
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
The button to submit a new bug on Github tracker is grayed out and won't let me actually click it and submit a new ticket for my inability to advance multiple days.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
The button to submit a new bug on Github tracker is grayed out and won't let me actually click it and submit a new ticket for my inability to advance multiple days.

I've seen that mentioned before, and the person had to log out reset their password and log in.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Bowie-Webster

• Private
It would appear that changing the memory allocation from 1024 to 2048 in MekHQ.l4j.ini and MegaMek.l4j.ini files stops them from launching their respective programmes.

If the memory is set back to 1024, the respective programme launched correctly.

Is this just my Java being a PITA or are other people having this problem. :-\

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
It seems to indeed be a JAVA thing as I get the same problem with my minecraft server I run for me and my friends.

Bowie-Webster

• Private
Damn!

Yet the stable release works fine. Thanks Oracle.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
In my case I seem to have gotten a 32 bit update and thus was able to fix it by getting a 64 bit update instead.

Probably me just not paying enough attention.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
It would appear that changing the memory allocation from 1024 to 2048 in MekHQ.l4j.ini and MegaMek.l4j.ini files stops them from launching their respective programmes.

If the memory is set back to 1024, the respective programme launched correctly.

Is this just my Java being a PITA or are other people having this problem. :-\

Sounds like a 32 bit Java issue, versus having 64 bit version
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Bowie-Webster

• Private
Sounds like a 32 bit Java issue, versus having 64 bit version

You are correct. I reinstalled Java 64 and changing the memory allocation now works correctly.

mztuplicancz

• Recruit
I think princess might have an issue with aerospace pilots(possibly just the ones in the air) who've ejected? Seems like it takes her 5-10 minutes sometimes to accept that she can't do anything with them but let them float down.

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
Are era specific repair rolls broken? Or is it normal to be abnormally punished for being a mercenary in 3025? It's adding +3 to every repair and maintenance roll, and even an elite mech tech can't keep my mechs going. Just lost a perfectly good Jenner to a CT maintenance and repair failure.

I know I can untick it/change the repair modifier, I was just attempting to play with all the rules on.

dgorsman

• Captain
Are era specific repair rolls broken? Or is it normal to be abnormally punished for being a mercenary in 3025? It's adding +3 to every repair and maintenance roll, and even an elite mech tech can't keep my mechs going. Just lost a perfectly good Jenner to a CT maintenance and repair failure.

I know I can untick it/change the repair modifier, I was just attempting to play with all the rules on.

What location/circumstances and Merc rating (are you using Merc Handbook or Campaign Operations?) are in play?

In the field, with a C/D rated unit, in 3025, can certainly make life very difficult.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

Reglor

• Private
How do you make direct artillery attacks in MegaMek?  It doesn't look like I can switch modes for my on-board artillery 'Mechs.  Is this just not implemented yet?

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
Been a while since I've tried that, but I think it is as simple as not making an indirect attack then the weapons should be available during the firing phase.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
How do you make direct artillery attacks in MegaMek?  It doesn't look like I can switch modes for my on-board artillery 'Mechs.  Is this just not implemented yet?

You should be able to target the hex the unit is in. Right click on hex.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website

The rolls are from StratOps and they are punishing, very punishing. Put a +3 modifier to a target on a 2d6 curve and the odds change massively.

That rule is listed as optional in StratOps, and explains why Mechs were rare and in poor working condition in the 3rd SW.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Also to be clear you merc rating does not modify the era modifiers.  The quality rating of the unit in question does though.

I do tend to think that +3 is a bit overly punishing though.

Shin Ji

• Warrant Officer

The trick with this is, first, you gotta wait until the normal weapons fire range. Second, you target the hex. There's a drop down menu that will give options like "clear," "Ignite," and "artillery." Select Artillery. Then hit fire! You'll need LoS, and to be 7-17 hexes from the target hex.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
+3 isn't too punishing if you're using AToW rules as a base.  Truly Elite techs should be starting at 0 or so for Target Numbers...

There's a pretty big gap between AToW and StratOps, unfortunately.  :-\

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
Just ran into this tonight

Code: [Select]

Weapons fire for Longinus Battle Armor [Flamer] (Ulric's Behemoths)
    Leg Attack at Marauder MAD-3R (Clan Ghost Bear (Reinforcements));  needs 7, rolls 7 :  - Glancing Blow -
 - Glancing Blow due to Narrow/Low Profile - hits  (using Kick table) RL
        Marauder MAD-3R (Clan Ghost Bear (Reinforcements)) takes 4 damage to RL.
            1 Armor remaining.

Critical hit on RL. Roll is 11; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Heat Sink.
            CRITICAL HIT on Hip.

Are leg attacks exempt from the halving of the glancing blow rules?  And the -2 to the crit roll?  Is this working as intended?

mztuplicancz

• Recruit
I don't know how relevant the feature is, but I noticed that, in mekhq, if you sell or lose a unit that is assigned to a transport ship, the bays that that unit occupied stay occupied forever and there is seemingly no way within the client to reset/fix it.

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
You may edit the save file by text editors and change the remaining bay, though, but it seems that it is not possible on MekHQ. Because the save file only checks the numbers of remaining bay, it seems that the mechanism is it is changed when you ship/leave the unit.

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
And perhaps that's the reason why once my dropship's bay size is incorrect. I know that it is possible to edit the number of the remaining bay because of the problem but I wasn't able to reproduce. Perhaps you found how to do.

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
Another interesting message in my game.  If anyone can tell me what it is that would be great. 

Code: [Select]

Weapons fire for Thor (Summoner) D (Clan Ghost Bear)
    ER Large Laser at Colt Medium Fighter (SRM) (Ulric's Behemoths);  needs 7, rolls 9 : hits  RWG
        Colt Medium Fighter (SRM) (Ulric's Behemoths) takes 10 damage to RWG.
            2 Armor remaining.
            Possible critical hit (unknown); needs 8, rolls 9 : No functioning weapons in location.
            Possible critical hit (Damage threshold exceeded); needs 8, rolls 5 : no effect.

I don't know what an unknown critical hit is coming from.  If I was pressed to guess the BAR on the Colt is listed as 1, but I didn't see any other unknown crits on previous hits, but I think they were from smaller weapons, which should have still penetrated the BAR but maybe didn't?

mztuplicancz

• Recruit
Is there any possibility for like, generalized missile ammo at some point(in mekhq)? It sometimes feels a little silly to specifically buy SRM 2 or 4 ammo and not just tons of SRMs - it feels like the logistical purpose of MMLs, also, is lost when you specifically have to purchase ammo for them and can't use your existing LRM/SRM ammo.

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
The rolls are from StratOps and they are punishing, very punishing. Put a +3 modifier to a target on a 2d6 curve and the odds change massively.

That rule is listed as optional in StratOps, and explains why Mechs were rare and in poor working condition in the 3rd SW.

That makes sense, thank you. I may just give myself a +1/2 modifier and see if that makes it difficult but acceptable. I like the challenge of maintaining, and the odd component going down but not 5 at a time with extremely short odds of actually fixing them.