Author Topic: New Development Snapshot 0.47.6 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 10138 times)

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
Also, whilst I'm at it, can anyone tell me what I'm supposed to have my setting for on mass repair/salvage? When I hit the mass repair button it only occasionally repairs a few of the tens of potential repairs.

What I'd been aiming for with the below settings was that Extra green to veteran techs would repair anything with a target number between 3 (2 is a waste of their time) and 11 (12's are too rare), allowing me to make the final decision when it comes to the elite techs (so they wouldn't ruin CTs or engines etc.).

I've turned off damage/destroy parts by margin of failure.

yukamichi

• Corporal
Is there any possibility for like, generalized missile ammo at some point(in mekhq)? It sometimes feels a little silly to specifically buy SRM 2 or 4 ammo and not just tons of SRMs - it feels like the logistical purpose of MMLs, also, is lost when you specifically have to purchase ammo for them and can't use your existing LRM/SRM ammo.

That's what the "Ammo by type" option in the Campaign Options is for.

Last I checked it was broken in 0.47.6 though.

mztuplicancz

• Recruit
That's what the "Ammo by type" option in the Campaign Options is for.

Last I checked it was broken in 0.47.6 though.

Oh, okay, cool! I had had that option checked but assumed I was somehow misinterpreting what it's meant to do. Happy to know it'll be the case in future versions that I play!

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
The parent/child tracking, and the random marriage stuff is absolutely glorious by the way, makes running a dynasty so much fun! Thanks guys! 👍🏻

Seriously tempted to try and run a company from 2900s through to the post clan era once there's a good stable.

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
The parent/child tracking, and the random marriage stuff is absolutely glorious by the way, makes running a dynasty so much fun! Thanks guys! 👍🏻

Seriously tempted to try and run a company from 2900s through to the post clan era once there's a good stable.

One thing I have noticed on this, is that it does not place the child under the husband, only the mother. Not sure if that is as designed or not.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Two name corrections: there's an "r" missing in SM2 Heavy Artillery Vehicle, and there's a "t" too many in DI Schmitt Tank (Targetting Computer)
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Windchild

• Master Sergeant
One thing I have noticed on this, is that it does not place the child under the husband, only the mother. Not sure if that is as designed or not.

If the marriage happens post-conception, then only the mother is considered to be the parent. However, a new option is coming to make it so the father can be determined through the spouse at the child's birth.
MegaMek Developer - MekHQ, Personnel, and Internal Focus
MegaMek Discord
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Dr. Banzai

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • I am not the Dr. Banzai from Facebook/Youtube.
If the marriage happens post-conception, then only the mother is considered to be the parent. However, a new option is coming to make it so the father can be determined through the spouse at the child's birth.
That's not exactly true.

If you match up a couple, have them procreate, then divorce them, the father will be listed.

If the mother has conceived before any marriage, then yes, only the mother will be the parent since her conception was considered "outside" the TO&E.

I am not the Dr. Banzai from Facebook/Youtube. That person is a hateful person that does not represent the spirit of Buckaroo Banzai nor its fandom.

Windchild

• Master Sergeant
That's not exactly true.

If you match up a couple, have them procreate, then divorce them, the father will be listed.

If the mother has conceived before any marriage, then yes, only the mother will be the parent since her conception was considered "outside" the TO&E.
Both are true, mine is just a simplification for post-marriage statements. That is because the father is determined by the spouse at the time of conception.
MegaMek Developer - MekHQ, Personnel, and Internal Focus
MegaMek Discord
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
So how is the father determined when there is no marriage? My trail unit is going at it like rabbits, and have had several conceptions when in route to the next mission. So it can only be members of the unit as not on a planet for them to have a hook up or anything.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Even in transit there is plenty of opportunity for members to go out an enjoy themselves and come back with a surprise.

The odd space station, other jumpship in system at the same time, or if the world is close enough letting your troops R&R on a planet would be a welcome distraction by only a few jumps.

Of course that doesn't even take into consideration if you have to hire Dropship(s) or Jumpship(s) and the opportunities those provide.

Dr. Banzai

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • I am not the Dr. Banzai from Facebook/Youtube.
So how is the father determined when there is no marriage? My trail unit is going at it like rabbits, and have had several conceptions when in route to the next mission. So it can only be members of the unit as not on a planet for them to have a hook up or anything.
If there is no marriage, the father is a nobody that was passing through. Maybe a 'Mech groupie?

I am not the Dr. Banzai from Facebook/Youtube. That person is a hateful person that does not represent the spirit of Buckaroo Banzai nor its fandom.

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
If there is no marriage, the father is a nobody that was passing through. Maybe a 'Mech groupie?

OK, My unit is going to have to have a talk about security, in a unmanned sector, traveling on our own jumpship, and we still get three/four knocked up from "a nobody that was passing through."  :D. One other relationship question you can now have same sex couples, what about for units like the Arkab Legion where there religion allows more than one wife?

On a side note, so far I am liking what I am seeing, built up a RCT and trying it out against the bot facing WOB. Only real issues I have found so far are on my end. I did try to have one of my pilots eject from his aerospace, and it did not work. Not sure if this was me, or not (only tried once, and I have found sometimes I do not click the buttons well enough). I did not see so not sure if I missed it or not, but is the grounded dropships allowed to use each weapon gone, or moved, or did I just miss it?

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
I did not see so not sure if I missed it or not, but is the grounded dropships allowed to use each weapon gone, or moved, or did I just miss it?

Per some errata or other, grounded dropships now always use individual weapons.

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
How about shotgun marriages? Make it so that any time a woman conceives outside marriage, there´s a chance that she´s instantly married to a random single man on the unit roster.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
C'mon guys :D

Reglor

• Private
Has anyone else been having a problem that customization don't start?  There have been many times that I will customize a 'Mech and when all the parts arrive the customization won't start. I have to cancel the customization and start it as a refit instead.

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
How about shotgun marriages? Make it so that any time a woman conceives outside marriage, there´s a chance that she´s instantly married to a random single man on the unit roster.

A clan-styled trial seems required, then. If the woman wins on the mini-scenario(that ignores any attempts to killing on the result, and perhaps we can say it is a simulated battle), she instantly marry to the man.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
is it just me or is something very weird going on with hover engine weights?

built a 35 ton hover with 9/14 speed. the preview tab gives the correct rating of 140 (35 ton x 9mp  = 315 - 175sf = 140. the summary section on the main tab says the engine is 7.5 tons. TM says it should be 5 tons.

lower the speed to 8 and again it gives the correct rating (105) but puts the engine at 7 tons (the ICE weight for a 105) instead of 3.5.

further, the numbers all add up using the wrong weight in calculating the current weight of the vehicle at the bottom.

did i mess up somewhere?

i did mess up!  ;D
« Last Edit: 17 June 2020, 17:20:46 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
I don't think you messed up.  The 140 is correct at 7.5 for a vehicle fusion engine.  Not sure why the 105 isn't the correct 5.5 tons (1.5 x 3.5, rounded up).

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
i forgot about the engine requirements for hover - 20% minimum weight and 1.5x mass for shielding (i haven't made one by hand since BMR)

never mind

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Kirsala

• Recruit
Has anyone else been having a problem that customization don't start?  There have been many times that I will customize a 'Mech and when all the parts arrive the customization won't start. I have to cancel the customization and start it as a refit instead.

I've had this happen pretty much every time in the version I'm using (0.47.2). I saw it occasionally in previous versions as well.

Shin Ji

• Warrant Officer
Is anyone else having difficulty obtaining parts? All of a sudden my unit cannot buy anything - it all just automatically goes into procurement, where it stays forever. I have my settings set up the same way they have been, and have experimented with using Scrounge (which I have in one of my Admins) and Tech as the associated skill.

yukamichi

• Corporal
Do you have "Restrict Parts By Mission Type" selected? Default AtB rules modify what you can buy based on the type of mission you're on, your Unit Rating, and Year. Guerrilla Warfare and Raids in particular make it difficult to get your hands on anything more than basic ammunition. Some monthly event rolls will also mess with your supply chain.

Register