Author Topic: A Time of War game  (Read 2158 times)

Zinmar

• Private
A Time of War game
« on: 13 February 2019, 18:58:35 »
Is there a site online for those of us without local players to join a game and play? I've got an incredible idea I'd love to play but there aren't any local GM's to me. At least none that I'm aware of, I live in Harrisburg, PA and would be willing to drive 90 minutes to a game. If it lasted more then 4 hours that is. Anything less would be a waste of gas.

Easy

• Warrant Officer
Re: A Time of War game
« Reply #1 on: 13 February 2019, 19:12:52 »
This is a demo Roll20 App I made to go along with Tales Of The Ghost Rangers.
https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2224086/shadowtech3%20+.
There are dozens of unit tokens for the maps that I basically lifted from MegaMek. Uploading jpgs of your favorite quick-lookup tables is another tactic to host an online game.

Roll20 is useful for this kind of thing. You'll have to follow the link to see all of the art.

Tabletop Simulator has a big assortment of units, too, and gives you more of a gameroom feel. I really want to play Battletech in TS with an Oculus, someday.
« Last Edit: 13 February 2019, 19:25:48 by Easy »

Zinmar

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 13 February 2019, 19:32:52 »
Nice start there. I posted a message that if you ever start a game that you'll have a slot me for.

Easy

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 13 February 2019, 19:41:51 »
Lol, I'm prepared to run a game? No way, but what is there isn't really for sale, because I, shhh, don't own CGL's property, but insofar as it's fair use in CGL's eyes, your free to use the free-as-in-beer stuff. The fiction-specific stuff is similar, since I publish all fan fiction on this forum, first. Ergo, provided all the ducks are in a row, you can use any of that stuff in the app as fodder for the, most likely, much better game to play on Roll20.

I'm glad you like it, though.
« Last Edit: 13 February 2019, 20:13:01 by Easy »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #4 on: 13 February 2019, 22:00:13 »
I run a play by post down in the BattleTech Roleplaying sub-forum...

E. Icaza

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 14 February 2019, 16:28:35 »
I run a play by post down in the BattleTech Roleplaying sub-forum...

Are you still taking players?  I saw the game, but didn't see any thread for showing interest in joining or anything similar.
The Clans: the Star League the Inner Sphere deserves, not the one it needs.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #6 on: 14 February 2019, 18:02:59 »
I'm always taking players, but options are somewhat limited.  There is a discussion thread down there... :)

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 15 February 2019, 15:42:26 »
Is there a site online for those of us without local players to join a game and play? I've got an incredible idea I'd love to play but there aren't any local GM's to me. At least none that I'm aware of, I live in Harrisburg, PA and would be willing to drive 90 minutes to a game. If it lasted more then 4 hours that is. Anything less would be a waste of gas.
with the right plugins like dice parser Discord can make a fair online rpg connection tool
my friends and I use it to play a number of games.
if you are not familiar with it, Discord is a VOIP application (think chat, and telephone) that runs on various devices.  I have it on my pc, and my android tablet, and phone.  My friend who has the server, setup various "rooms" such as World of tanks, RPG, and #rpg, #RPG2, #dice roller etc.
so we have a voice room to use while role playing to talk, and then text rooms were we can type in things,  link to various resources, and upload files (up to around 20-30mb)
its not a dedicated gaming app in itself, but makes a good communications and support application.