Author Topic: Demolisher Heavy Gauss tank has movement 0/0 right out of the shop  (Read 1360 times)

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
So playing HQ on 47.2   

Did a mission where my demolisher heavy gauss tank got it's right side cored. 
That's fine I salvaged another one from the enemy not too long ago and repaired it to full. 

Funny thing is when I look up the repaired tank in the hanger it says crippled.  That doesn't seem right.  I look at the stats and it has a movement of 0/0.  Pull back to repair bay to fix it, it isn't there. 
Go in GM mode to edit the damage, and it has 4 movement hits.  Weird but easy enough to fix.  I click the first checkbox and all the movement crits go away.  Go back to look at it in the hanger, still 0/0.  Look at the damage again and all 4 check boxes are back.  This time I click the right most checkbox and only one check disappears.   
Ok now it has motive damage, and I can fix it in the repair bay. 
Nope after the fix it disappears from the repair bay but is still 0/0 in the hanger, and when I edit damage all four check marks are back. 

Screw this I click on restore unit, no change.  I order a new tank from the market using GM mode so it appears instantly,  nope same movement 0/0 and 4 motive hits in the damage screen. 
I edit damage of the first tank that is just salvage to bring it to crippled and uncheck the motive hits.  Nope that one is still 0/0 and 4 motive crits.   

Not sure how to fix this at this point.  Not sure if anyone has seen an issue like this before. 

Any advice would be great. 

yukamichi

• Corporal
Re: Demolisher Heavy Gauss tank has movement 0/0 right out of the shop
« Reply #1 on: 27 January 2020, 16:38:55 »
Did you assign a crew? I seem to recall someone else mentioning an issue where MekHQ will treat a vehicle as immobile whenever it doesn't have someone to drive it.

Iceweb

• Warrant Officer
  • Lyran Engineer
« Reply #2 on: 27 January 2020, 16:44:19 »
I reassigned the crew from the cored tank to the repaired tank and yeah it is now a 3/5 tank with no motive hits. 

Thank you for letting me know about the workaround. 

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 27 January 2020, 18:25:51 »
The old "have you tried restarting it"trick i.e. reloading the campaign has also fixed a few oddities I've stumbled across.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 27 January 2020, 21:25:48 »
I reassigned the crew from the cored tank to the repaired tank and yeah it is now a 3/5 tank with no motive hits. 

Thank you for letting me know about the workaround.

dont feel bad did that once myself...had a tank with no driver assigned but a gunner same problem but that was ages ago
ohhh the new curse words i had invented would peel wall paper off the wall
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Windchild

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 27 January 2020, 22:40:02 »
This is working as intended for the current version of MekHQ.

There is an Enhancement story (https://github.com/MegaMek/mekhq/issues/1376) to standardize how we display that a unit is uncrewed in MekHQ, as currently this is one of a handful of ways that the above is displayed (and one that I myself found confusing when I first tried 0.47.2).
MegaMek Developer - MekHQ, Personnel, and Internal Focus
MegaMek Discord
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 28 January 2020, 04:08:55 »
It is pretty annoying if you don't know the speed of a unit by heart.