Author Topic: Spoiler ability is missing  (Read 1950 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Spoiler ability is missing
« on: 14 July 2017, 10:05:48 »
I was looking at older posts I had which included and found they were no longer registering / working.

Is there way to re-add them back on?  I think that had to be done last time this came up if I'm not mistaken.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
Re: Spoiler ability is missing
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2017, 10:30:25 »
They're aware of it.
It's on the 'to-do' list.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #2 on: 14 July 2017, 10:37:56 »
I was looking at older posts I had which included and found they were no longer registering / working.

Is there way to re-add them back on?  I think that had to be done last time this came up if I'm not mistaken.

The move to the new servers meant that a lot of the custom things added in (such as the alternate smileys, for example) didn't make the trip over- they'll be implemented eventually, I'm sure, but making sure it all runs right is the priority first, bells and whistles can come later.

(NOTE: This is from someone who is not involved in the coding or any of that, so I can't give estimates or any of that, take my word with a big pinch of salt.)
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #3 on: 14 July 2017, 11:10:41 »
That's pretty much what I made of things based on what our sysadmin said, too.  I'd prefer to deal with the 504 errors if we can before trying to tackle the forum customizations.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 14 July 2017, 15:49:51 »
Never worked with SMF before, but shouldn't the smilies at least have been configured in the admin panel and stored in the DB?

Also, why not copy the code from the old board here? Any mods that were installed before (or the modded code itself) could have been moved. Or was there never a backup of the forum code and only the DB??