Author Topic: What's in the pipeline?  (Read 267220 times)

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
Re: What's in the pipeline?
« Reply #990 on: 23 May 2019, 18:54:13 »
Per Mike at IWM...all 3 sculpts are not in house as of this past Monday...so it's still going to be a bit of a wait.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #991 on: 23 May 2019, 21:14:38 »
Aw . . . a Scourge as part of Bannson's Scourge to scourge enemies . . .
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #992 on: 25 May 2019, 20:27:35 »
I think all the 3025 designs are fine. They're iconic and we should own that look. Better sculpts/minis of that art? Such as with the Centurion?

YES PLEASE.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #993 on: 25 May 2019, 20:37:26 »
I like the centurion and yen low wang sculpts from last year. More detail, good scale and variant bits.
Demo Agent #715
Game HQ Oklahoma City, OK
Carolina Comics Lawton, OK
Oklahoma Battletech Group on Facebook

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #994 on: 25 May 2019, 21:15:59 »
A lot of the 3025 minis would be improved just by making them multiple pieces that could be posed.  So many of them are bricks.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #995 on: 25 May 2019, 21:43:50 »
better for experienced moddelers.

Worse for newbies and casuals.

Worse for distributors and stores having to decide between one, the other, or both.

I want them too, but don't see them coming. I'd settle for better poses than 'standing there'

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #996 on: 25 May 2019, 21:51:33 »
Eh, as long as they don't go wild and have the ridiculous number of parts some of the Project Phoenix designs had, it ought to be fine.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #997 on: 25 May 2019, 22:31:48 »
If every original TRO 3025 (and most of 2750) design got the same treatment the Awesome, Commando, and Catapult got in the box set they'd be a lot more attractive to everyone.  I recently got a Wyvern (for a really ugly example) to run an event and I gotta tell you that as soon as that game is over that mini is leaving my collection however is most convenient at the time.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #998 on: 26 May 2019, 03:44:34 »
If every original TRO 3025 (and most of 2750) design got the same treatment the Awesome, Commando, and Catapult got in the box set they'd be a lot more attractive to everyone.  I recently got a Wyvern (for a really ugly example) to run an event and I gotta tell you that as soon as that game is over that mini is leaving my collection however is most convenient at the time.
Even its IIC looks terrible, and that says a lot.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #999 on: 26 May 2019, 11:24:08 »

i mean....not everyone. New Awesome looks like crud out of a bubblegum machine to me.
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

Juodas Varnas

• Sergeant
« Reply #1000 on: 26 May 2019, 12:29:21 »
i mean....not everyone. New Awesome looks like crud out of a bubblegum machine to me.
I wouldnt mind getting that bubblegum machine

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #1001 on: 26 May 2019, 12:30:13 »
No kidding.  Are you sure you didn't get a miscast or production error?  Mine looks amazing.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1002 on: 26 May 2019, 20:59:15 »
i can't look at the painted examples in the minis subforum and come to any other conclusion than it's a great sculpt

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #1003 on: 26 May 2019, 21:48:03 »

Yeah; it's definately got that swollen/simplified look to it. Much less of a form-follows-function war machine than the original, which was alternatively thicc/cadaverous in ways that made me feel like it was a real walking fortress. But then you look at the parts that don't quite fit from one angle, but they do from another and it's easy to imagine that something like say; the arm baffles have a purpose specificly related to the design and function suggested by the art.

The new plastic has that; but with the rough edges rounded off and butter-fed.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
« Reply #1004 on: 26 May 2019, 22:27:43 »
Personally I don't care of the over-paneled look of both the new and the old.  I am much more a fan of the MechWarrior 4-esque designs that use bumps and shapes to add detail rather than panel lines.  It is more of a product of the technology at the time than a true art style, but overall, it is my favorite. 

Plus with all the panels, there isn't any space big enough to put a unit emblem....

Also, please ignore the yellow beamer, this is my opinion as a fan...

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #1005 on: 26 May 2019, 23:19:25 »
Decals work just fine over panel edges with microset and microsol, emblem still looks fine.  Free-handing it is a bit more of a pain in the ass, but I humbly submit that if you're freehanding an emblem you get what's coming to you. :D
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

GespenstM

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1006 on: 02 June 2019, 18:20:14 »
Not sure if this is the right thread, but wanted to ask: Do you think we'll see a Mad Cat Mk. IV C at some point? We have a Prime, but I'd love to see the C config of it because it's my favorite loadout for the chassis.

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #1007 on: 02 June 2019, 18:21:51 »
Not sure if this is the right thread, but wanted to ask: Do you think we'll see a Mad Cat Mk. IV C at some point? We have a Prime, but I'd love to see the C config of it because it's my favorite loadout for the chassis.

Probably not. Most variants lately are done at the same time or have extra parts in the same blister.

That's not to say at some point someone could create the parts necessary...but most likely this would be a fan funding project which if you wanted to personally fund, would come after IWM was all caught up with their own castings and contracted casting jobs.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1008 on: 02 June 2019, 20:59:57 »
IMO its honestly not going to look that different from a regular one- the gun arms are going to be pretty close, just need a side car ERML.  The Missile pods are going to be the biggest change- and those can be used from original Timber Wolf parts or get the Mad Cat Mk II missile pods.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1009 on: 02 June 2019, 21:32:21 »
If they were going to make a variant of the Savage Wolf, I'd recommend going with a new sculpt to fix the flaws of the original: the contact points for the arms and legs are far too small.

Not that I actually expect it to happen.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1010 on: 02 June 2019, 22:55:28 »
gotta pin it. anyone who can get it to stay together without pinning is some kind of warlock. also they should send me their glue.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1011 on: 03 June 2019, 00:47:13 »
I can get it to stay together as long as I leave it on the shelf and avoid looking directly at it.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1012 on: 03 June 2019, 01:21:20 »
Legs I got fine . . . it was the arms that got me, so my local agent who does pinning better (I got too much when I tried) fixed it for me.
Colt Ward

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #1013 on: 03 June 2019, 21:17:11 »
I will updated the website after I get back from vacation, but the Emperor has moved up to 2nd Quarter and Scourge is now in 3rd quarter. This has happened to a few things out of our control.

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #1014 on: 04 June 2019, 11:07:13 »
Nice. I am excited for the emperor.
Demo Agent #715
Game HQ Oklahoma City, OK
Carolina Comics Lawton, OK
Oklahoma Battletech Group on Facebook

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1015 on: 04 June 2019, 13:05:19 »
I like the original mini but think its too thin in the chest for what its supposed to be . . . guess I am waiting to be a scourge in the Scourge.
Colt Ward

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1016 on: 04 June 2019, 14:48:50 »
Speck, any web-only releases?

IronSphinx

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Robots!!!
    • PlayBattletech
« Reply #1017 on: 05 June 2019, 10:27:59 »
I will updated the website after I get back from vacation, but the Emperor has moved up to 2nd Quarter and Scourge is now in 3rd quarter. This has happened to a few things out of our control.
Hope you have a fun yet relaxing vacation, Speck. Safe travels, man! :thumbsup:
Charles "IronSphinx" Wilson (CDT #66)
=======================
Want to find a Battletech game in Michigan?
Go to www.playbattletech.org.

GespenstM

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1018 on: 08 June 2019, 23:10:38 »
Speaking of the Scourge, is there any way to sign up for a notification when its mini is released? I want to get one.

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #1019 on: 09 June 2019, 06:51:45 »
Well...Iron Wind Metals doesn't have a notification system aside from posting in these forums.

While not totally a notification system, you could follow our Facebook page and watch for the post that shows when it comes out. I'd post the direct link but I have a feeling that would be frowned upon but some of the mods.