Author Topic: Former Comstar/WoB merc vehicles  (Read 2193 times)

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
Former Comstar/WoB merc vehicles
« on: 24 March 2018, 10:54:26 »
Here are the simple 3025 tech level stats for the custom periphery hover tanks I'm making for one of my merc units, the "Sand Devils".
I haven't thought of names yet... I'm thinking "Diamond Back" for the 45 ton tank (The bigger triangle shaped vehicle), and "Sidewinder" for the smaller blunt-nosed 30 ton tank.
Power isn't as important for these machines, they use their speed to track and harass pirates and bandits the Sand Devils are hired to hunt down, then herd and corral the enemy while the mechs move in to finish them off.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Former Comstar/WoB merc vehicles
« Reply #1 on: 24 March 2018, 11:00:12 »
Nice, but I'm surprised REMLab let you build that second one... I think the engine needs to be at least 9 tons...

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2018, 11:06:24 »
Nice, but I'm surprised REMLab let you build that second one... I think the engine needs to be at least 9 tons...

I'll redo them on a better builder, but remlab works from my phone, so it's my fast and loose builder. I know it's old and not always accurate. But it works for me as a first draft. 😉

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #3 on: 24 March 2018, 11:07:16 »
Cool... I'd love to see stats on the 'mechs and infantry too, when you get a chance...  :thumbsup:

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #4 on: 24 March 2018, 11:46:36 »
I just fired up SAW, and an AC/5 will fit perfectly in an 8/12 chassis (which only wastes a ton on engine).  A Thumper Artillery Cannon (which is 3025 tech) could also be made to fit, though you'd probably have to drop a ton or two elsewhere to make it work.

A 9/14 chassis needs 12 tons for the engine, requiring some major rework, but at least wouldn't lose any tonnage to the minimum engine weight rule.

Register