Author Topic: Where to find data on Succession-era warships?  (Read 369 times)

eskimojoe37

• Recruit
Where to find data on Succession-era warships?
« on: 28 February 2024, 18:45:52 »
Hey all! Posting this in Total War because the rules can be found in there, if I remember right. I am looking to start collecting a fleet of Succession-era warships but I am having a hard time finding tech readouts for them. The IS ships in TR 3057 are all new Clan-era ships and the old 1988 DropShips and JumpShips are just that, DropShips and JumpShips. Where should I be looking? Old AeroTech books? Also, does Ironwind not produce ship models anymore? I remember them being on their shop site but they are no longer there. eBay might be my only option.

Thanks!
Will

MOD note.
Moved as not specific to rules.
« Last Edit: 28 February 2024, 22:24:38 by Hammer »

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Re: Where to find data on Succession-era warships?
« Reply #1 on: 28 February 2024, 23:16:30 »
TRO 3057 Revised is your main source for Inner Sphere Warships of the Succession Wars era.

The Revised edition has the Star League/Succession Wars versions of the Clan Warships as well as few other examples in the back.

There are a few other books with a few scattered here and there.

Off the top of my head:

Liberation of Terra Vol I has the Caspar Drone Warships.

Reunification War has a couple in the back that could be used in this era without too many people minding terribly much.

eskimojoe37

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 29 February 2024, 03:17:31 »
Ah, my hardcopy of the 3057 book is not the revised edition but looking through the pdf of the revised that I just got it all of the IS warships it lists are introduces 3057-62 and the Star League warships seem like most if not all were either were destroyed or left with the Exodus fleet, and of those, if they were not destroyed on the way or in the in fighting afterwards, they were refitted and serve with the Clans. Even the Lost section is about the same. Needless to say, I am still confused. Were warships just a super rare thing during the late Succession Wars? Sounds like most if not all production had stopped with ComStar the only ones with the tech to theoretically build new ones but they wouldn't share/sell the tech.

I did end up buying a blister of a Baron-class Destroyer (Lost) and a near complete boxset of BattleSpace if for anything for the collection and fluff.

eskimojoe37

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 29 February 2024, 03:36:58 »
From Sarna, doesn't give a referance point for it...

"The Succession Wars and subsequent decline into Lostech left no WarShips operative in the Inner Sphere. The last WarShips in the Inner Sphere were believed to be destroyed during the Second Succession War, namely during the Eighth Battle for Hesperus II in 2853, all others having fallen prey to combat losses, attrition and maintenance shortfalls save for a number of unsalvageable derelicts. Up until the beginning of the Clan Invasion in 3049, WarShips were thought to be essentially extinct. Only ComStar secretly maintained a small hidden fleet."

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #4 on: 29 February 2024, 08:24:38 »
Ah yes, I should have brought that up and been clearer about that.

Indeed yes the Warship became extinct by the end of the Second Succession War in the Inner Sphere.  There are some exceptions but the short version of that story is they do not make an appearance during the Third or Fourth Succession Wars.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #5 on: 29 February 2024, 15:50:03 »

The Succession Wars were very destructive, for example less than 10% of the WarShips survive between 2786 and 2821. (See first succession war sourcebook)
Also the Field Report 2765 series can provide a lot of details about the respective fleets.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #6 on: 29 February 2024, 16:05:07 »
TRO 3057 Revised is your main source for Inner Sphere Warships of the Succession Wars era.

The Revised edition has the Star League/Succession Wars versions of the Clan Warships as well as few other examples in the back.

There are a few other books with a few scattered here and there.

Off the top of my head:

Liberation of Terra Vol I has the Caspar Drone Warships.

Reunification War has a couple in the back that could be used in this era without too many people minding terribly much.

The Field Report 2765 series also has additional ships common to each state.  I also recall Tech Readout 3075 having a couple.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 29 February 2024, 17:00:09 »
If you set your games in the clan homeworlds, you can use Warships during the Succession Wars era.  Pickup games are also era agnostic

eskimojoe37

• Recruit
« Reply #8 on: 29 February 2024, 18:38:09 »
Thanks all for the help! Currently I game mostly in the late Succession Wars but with my main gaming buddy leaving the state here in a few weeks I might move onto the Clan era and then I might start getting some 3057 ships.