Author Topic: (Answered UPDATED) "Freezer" Double Heat Sinks Errata  (Read 4320 times)

FedComGirl

• Major
(Answered UPDATED) "Freezer" Double Heat Sinks Errata
« on: 28 August 2012, 07:53:57 »
I saw this errata on this thread http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,16061.0.html
Double Heat Sinks (Freezers) box (p. 57)
Under Construction, replace the last line ("If used, double heat sinks are combined with the 10 single heat sinks that come equipped on every ’Mech.") with "The ten single heat sinks that come with a 'Mech's fusion engine may be upgraded to Freezers, but must be mounted outside the engine even if its rating is large enough to mount them internally. A unit may mix any number of single heat sinks and Freezers."

If I read that right I can only replace the 10 free single heat sinks with Freezers and they get mounted externally even though they'd normally fit inside. Any additional heat sinks beyond the ten have to be singles.  Is that right? If so do additional single heat sinks take the place inside the engine of the Freezer heat sinks or are they external too? Like with the Record Sheet for the DRG-5K GRAND DRAGON EMORY. If I read it right - And I'm not sure I am. - it has 15 heat sinks with 12 fitting inside the engine. Are those DHS-P additional heat sinks or free weight ones with weighty ones taking thier place internally?

Until I saw that errata I thought any external single heat sink could be replaced by a freezer now I'm not so sure. Can I replace all 10 heat sinks with Freezers as long as their externally mounted? If yes, why does the errata'd BJ-3 Blackjack only use 3 double heat sinks instead of 10? I'm confused. Help?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: 19 November 2012, 17:19:37 by Xotl »

Chunga

• Patron Saint of Team Davion
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
  • <3
Re: Double Heat Sink - P "Freezer"s
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2012, 08:23:47 »
Those are prototype DHS. They have different rules.
"Don't think 'cos I understand, I care." - Sneakerpimps
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
I wasn't there.  If I was there, I was sleeping.  If I wasn't sleeping, I didn't hear or see anything.
Money has never been a problem for Davion. "Why waste money on social services when you can spend it on weapons instead?" - aldous

FedComGirl

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 29 August 2012, 00:09:17 »
Yes, I know that. But with the new errata I'm trying to make sure I understand the new rules.

Am I limited to a maximum of 10 Freezers because that's what Fusion Engines come with? And if I have Fission or Fuel Cell engines on my Mech I'm limited to 5 and 1 respectively?

Where do any single heat sinks go if added after? Do they go into the engine or do they take a critical slot? If the Record Sheets are still valid they'd go into the engine. But if they do that why am I just limited to the 10 "free" heat sinks? Or am I limited to only replacing single heat sinks outside the engine?

Like if I wanted to replace 11 of the Awesome's single heat sinks with Freezers could I or am I limited to 10?

Chunga

• Patron Saint of Team Davion
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
  • <3
« Reply #3 on: 29 August 2012, 09:38:19 »
Let me ask you this, what do you *think* should happen?
"Don't think 'cos I understand, I care." - Sneakerpimps
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
I wasn't there.  If I was there, I was sleeping.  If I wasn't sleeping, I didn't hear or see anything.
Money has never been a problem for Davion. "Why waste money on social services when you can spend it on weapons instead?" - aldous

FedComGirl

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 29 August 2012, 10:57:22 »
If it were me...   to keep any changes limited to the wording of the rules.

Limit it to them to a maximum of 10 placed outside the engine, even if there is room to mount them inside normally, seems simplest.

That's 10 additional Freezers. Otherwise the RS need to be changed.
« Last Edit: 29 August 2012, 11:06:40 by FedComGirl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #5 on: 06 September 2012, 15:20:39 »
We have reversed the ruling found in the old Sword & Dragon errata.  You may return to the original wording ("If used, double heat sinks are combined with the 10 single heat sinks that come equipped on every ’Mech.)

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 06 September 2012, 23:05:06 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

FedComGirl

• Major
Re: (Answered) "Freezer" Double Heat Sinks Errata
« Reply #6 on: 06 September 2012, 22:58:47 »
Oh. Okay. Cool.

Thank you. :)

Register