Author Topic: New Development Snapshot 0.45.3 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 9831 times)

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Hi Everyone,
Next release in this development cycle.  Been a little bit since our last release, we’ve been focused on some back end stuff around how we do releases. But still got a good amount of bug fixes and a few new things in. Over the next few months things will continue to be a little slow as we prepare for the next stable and start thinking about the next Dev cycle.  In the meantime enjoy the release.

**FOR MAC USERS**
There isn't a Mac release and you'll have to use the Unix release. We are having issues with the Gradle packaging scripts and various security settings in MacOS.  We are working on the issue and have no ETA for a fix.

Megamek.
We added the partial implementation of trailers.  Princess is learning how to shoot artillery, TAG, Unjam weapons and flip arms.  We’ve also added the Saxarba tileset which is amazing looking tileset.

MegaMekLab.
Lots of bug fixes and some improvements to printing Record sheets.

MekHQ.
Lots of bug fixes and some Quality of life, best to look at the lists below.

Also a reminder to drop into the Slack channel to meet other players and harass the devs that drop in and out.  

As a reminder when moving between versions:
1)   Make backups of your campaigns and customs.
2)   Always treat each release as a stand alone release and only copy your data forward from older versions.

The change log below lists all the changes in this release from the previous stable.

CHANGE LOGS AND DOWNLOAD LINKS
Megamek.
Download Here
Code: [Select]
PR #1196: Explicitly set military/civilian flag for space stations; Prevent sensor contacts from displaying unit info on space maps.
PR #1197: Fix "ASEW"-related soft lock at end phase when warships or space stations are on the board.
PR #1173: Trailers [Partial implementation; trailers can be connected on the field but not in the lounge yet.]
PR #1205: Enable Princess to use the "flip arms" functionality for mechs that have it (e.g. Jenner, Rifleman).
Data: Removing two unsupported infantry giving loading errors. Unit names pointed to replacements.
Issue #1183: Armor not correct on some Warships
Data: Resolving Issues #1207,1206,1199,1198
PR #1208: Enable Princess to fire artillery and use TAG.
PR #1214: Prevent players from being able to control their out-of-control spacecraft when the default flight path would take the spacecraft off board.
Data: New Sprites
PR #1212: Adds new Edge options for Aerospace units
Issue #1218: Fixed protomech-related game-stopping server crash
Data: Adding the Saxarba HQ Tileset.
Issue #1194: C3i function should apply to boosted cyber comm and enhanced multi model sensor (not standard multimodal sensor) implants per IO
PR #1227: Enable Princess to unjam weapons, turrets and rapid-fire autocannons (RACs, etc).
Data: Fixes to Saxarba HQ Tileset.
Issue #1176: Artillery attacks now display flight time with the rest of the firing data when picking a target.
Issue #1238: Players can once again place minefields.
Issue MML#233: Medium Re-engineered Laser cost

MegaMekLab.
Download Here
Issue #223: Quad Protomech engine weight
Bug: Missing codecs to display fluff image on record sheets.
Issue #228: BA VTOL and UMU movement types
Issue #230: Protomech Weapons
Issue #232: docking hardpoint limits incorrect
Issue #222: Protomech armor glitches
Issue #231: Stack Overflow Exception while saving Battle Armor
Issue #234: Spheroid dropship side arc equipment assigned to wrong location
Issue #240: Long range for ATM Standard incorrect on printed record sheets
Issue #242: Enters bad state when changing clan mech tonnage
Issue #238: Aero recordsheet not printing correctly
Use current BT logo on record sheets.
Issue #237: Large amounts of weapons overtax warship creation
Added "Printing" tab to configuration dialog with some options to customize record sheets (mechs only for now).
MekHQ:
Download Here
Issue #990: Feature: Add bulk confirm dialog if more than one unit is removed
PR #995: Speed up campaign load times by optimizing spare parts importing
PR #994: Fix exception seen during log entry updates
PR #998: Fix Mac OS X issue so the DateChooser dialog isn't hidden when you create a new campaign
PR #996: Feature: adds origin faction to a person's details and support for RAT roller in a person's GM menu
PR #997: Add weekly Support Personnel edge refresh and usage
PR #1006: Speed up calculation of jump paths
PR #999: Adds a GM hire button to new recruit dialog
PR #1017: Adds the list of missing units on campaign load to the log
Issue #1010: Battle Armor fails to load with StackOverflowException
Issue #991: Fix bug where loan collateral and total value is incorrect after save and load.
Issue #986: Fix bug where Retirement/Defection dialog doesn't show details for first row.
Issue #985: Fix bug where personnel could not be exported.
Issue #1022: Fix bug where failed acquisitions did not count against logistics person's limit
Issue #964: Do not raise UnitChangedEvent if there is no unit in GM Acquire Instantly
Issue #1009: Fix bug where default injury type wrong
Issue #976: Fix bug where techs without any minutes left may get stuck on overnight tasks
PR #1031: Fix bug where selected repair task moves when you change mode
Issue #1028: Fix bug where Mass Repair Options were not applied unless you clicked Save
Issue #1005: Allow fractional tons to be loaded in LargeCraftAmmoBins
Issue #825: Arbitrary contract score modifier now persists across save/load
Issue #970: Can now recruit multiple prisoners at a time
Issue #1036: Enable zero intensity level for AtB Scenario Generation
Issue #779: Fix AtB deployment nag before a contract has started
PR #1036: Make startup GUI show all four buttons at lower resolutions
PR #1041: Fix some unit/tech mismatches at CPNX load
Issue #772: Fix graphical display issues with multiple-day advancement
PR #1045: Crewed Unit Options Handling (SPA/Edge)
PR #1045: Resolve errata for reloading times of capital missile ammo (now 1 hour per missile)
Issue #1049: Warehouse tab may fail to properly render
PR #1053: Add a Change Camouflage context menu item to forces in the TOE
Issue #361: Adds assigned Force to the columns on the hangar tab

Enjoy everyone.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

trtw

• Private
Re: New Development Snapshot 0.45.3 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2019, 17:41:11 »
thanks to the team for their hard work!

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2019, 18:36:44 »
Thank you all for your hard work!
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 13 February 2019, 05:19:53 »
Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll put it through the wringer now.
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #4 on: 13 February 2019, 10:14:55 »
Thanks for the hard work, everyone!
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

servo01

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: 13 February 2019, 14:28:44 »
Awesome - The dev team rocks!

Been waiting for trailers forever. Can finally replace the abstract infantry-based field guns with a proper towed gun.
Good thing too, will need to arm the support personnel with whatever is handy once Princess wipes out the rest of the unit with her new artillery... 

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #6 on: 13 February 2019, 22:12:39 »
The efforts are most appreciated but still have one problem.  Okay technically I'm bringing up two things but the first I suspect I'm just going to have to be patient on for a while.

The Warship design portion of MegaMekLab still needs some quality of life improvements including a way to more sanely obey construction rules for ASF defense batteries.  At least the way I do them.

I was able to work around most of it by hand editing the file but it does cause an error saying the port and starboard weapons are not balanced when they are when I run it through the validation check.  I'll get the file posted on the bug tracker shortly.

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 14 February 2019, 06:18:06 »
Good stuff, keep up the awesome work.  :thumbsup:

Playing around with trailers I noticed a few thing that might be helpful to anyone looking to use them.

In MekHQ you will need a driver (8 piloting driver will work to keep costs down) to add them to the TO&E and deploy them. As stated in the OP you cannot attach them in the lobby. To add to that they will also lock up the game if you try to attach or "Load" them in the deployment phase. Once deployed in game though you can attach them with the "Tow" button if they are in the same hex, or the one behind the towing vehicle. Did not try to attach from other hexes other than the rear. The towing vehicle must be stopped to "Tow" or "Disconnect" the trailer.

I recommend adding the trailers in the lobby after the towing vehicle. That way you do not need to switch from the trailer to the towing vehicle every turn in the movement phase, as the trailer's turn will automatically end when the towing vehicle moves.

Pulled a J-27 Ordinance Transport Trailer around for about 5 minutes with a Heavy Tracked APC. Works great.
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #8 on: 14 February 2019, 07:39:08 »
Thank you!!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #9 on: 14 February 2019, 23:26:33 »
Noticing a lot a nice quality of life improvements in MekHQ. Just switched from 0.44 to this one and wow. Was having troubles with 0.45.1 and 0.45.2 so stuck with 0.44. Have yet to deploy in my current campaign so fingers crossed. Could be I was loading older campaigns from 0.44. Decided to start anew on this one, and use trailers for my Support/Supply Units.

BV listed for forces in Scenarios
Group by unit check box in Personnel (great for removing all of the astechs/medics from the list in my custom 7-person tech and 5-person medical squads)
Current Tech/Doc XP points listed in Warehouse/Repair/Infirmary
Balance over time and Monthly revenue and expenditure tabs in Finance

Have not dug into the documentation for it yet, but glanced quickly at the Scenario Template Editor.

Also digging the origin factions added to personnel. Are there plans to maybe randomize these in the future?

Edit: Oh snap, Field Gun Platoons added in the AtB Personnel Market.  >:D Are these added to the AtB enemy forces infantry/BA too?
Maps auto adjusting from MekHQ to Megamek from additional lances

Don't suppose anybody has mentioned how much you all rock lately.  ;)
« Last Edit: 15 February 2019, 00:43:39 by Stormforge »

tunkeymicket

• Recruit
« Reply #10 on: 15 February 2019, 18:39:53 »
Also digging the origin factions added to personnel. Are there plans to maybe randomize these in the future?
Yes, work is underway on that. It is currently tied into the GM tools menu if you right click on a person in the personnel tab without a mech. The RAT roller defaults to their faction.

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #11 on: 15 February 2019, 20:45:42 »
Yes, work is underway on that. It is currently tied into the GM tools menu if you right click on a person in the personnel tab without a mech. The RAT roller defaults to their faction.

Holy Crap. Completely missed that as I tend to use the AtB.xls, in the Docs folder, with the Dice and RAT roller in the GM Tools, under Manage Campaign. Thanks for pointing that out.
« Last Edit: 15 February 2019, 20:48:21 by Stormforge »

yukamichi

• Corporal
« Reply #12 on: 16 February 2019, 15:47:56 »
The scenario details box when using the AtB rules is now showing the default map size before the adjustment for the number of deployed lances and/or the scenario type (the maps are still the proper size when the scenario is launched). Was this an intentional change or just an unintentional consequence of something else changing (like the scenario template editor, maybe)?

Aokarasu

• Captain
  • Commander, Musei Yuuchi
« Reply #13 on: 17 February 2019, 00:17:09 »
Getting this upon client startup:

"Client Checksum is null. Client may not have a jar file"

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #14 on: 17 February 2019, 10:21:54 »
Getting this upon client startup:

"Client Checksum is null. Client may not have a jar file"

Sounds like a bad download, or issues with Java. 

Whats OS and version are you using?
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #15 on: 17 February 2019, 20:35:36 »
Hammer...

on 0.45.3, I'm getting the following error when trying to print to PDF on some Mech sheets (not all) that worked perfectly fine on 0.45.2...ONLY if I set a Fluff Image.

An error occurred.

Error 5: Invalid procedure call or argument

Source: GUI

Internal hint: Patch postscript file
Developers: You can hide this message with the "suppreserrors" setting.

On the offending ones...I've tried both current version of BullZip PDF printer I had on my computer, as well as the newest version just downloaded, and the Microsoft Print to PDF option. Win 10 Pro, Java 8 Update 201

Fluff images are various sizes, none worked. I've tried JPG, JPEG, PNG, and BMP.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #16 on: 17 February 2019, 21:18:30 »
Hammer...

on 0.45.3, I'm getting the following error when trying to print to PDF on some Mech sheets (not all) that worked perfectly fine on 0.45.2...ONLY if I set a Fluff Image.

On the offending ones...I've tried both current version of BullZip PDF printer I had on my computer, as well as the newest version just downloaded, and the Microsoft Print to PDF option. Win 10 Pro, Java 8 Update 201

Fluff images are various sizes, none worked. I've tried JPG, JPEG, PNG, and BMP.
That message is coming from Windows, and it's too generic to give a good idea what's causing it. So trying to figure it out is a series of shots in the dark. If you don't add a fluff image, does the record sheet show the default image of the mech cockpit?

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: 18 February 2019, 11:06:17 »
That message is coming from Windows, and it's too generic to give a good idea what's causing it. So trying to figure it out is a series of shots in the dark. If you don't add a fluff image, does the record sheet show the default image of the mech cockpit?

Yes, on the ones that give that error, it does. That's after I close out of the program, go back in, and reprint without attaching a fluff image.

All the aero and vehicles attach fine...so kinda odd.

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: 20 February 2019, 21:59:24 »
Ok, so I tried my laptop tonight, and I was able to process only 2 more designs than my desktop...which honestly may be ones I didn't try on my desktop. The rest provide that same exact error.

Is there anything I can do? I need to get all these sheets re-done as the book is in layout, and because of the new logo for "Battletech" I have to re-process all the record sheets to match.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #19 on: 20 February 2019, 22:11:58 »
Ok, so I tried my laptop tonight, and I was able to process only 2 more designs than my desktop...which honestly may be ones I didn't try on my desktop. The rest provide that same exact error.

Is there anything I can do? I need to get all these sheets re-done as the book is in layout, and because of the new logo for "Battletech" I have to re-process all the record sheets to match.

Sorry about the logo, we had to change it.  Post the blk files and I'll try printing them on my machine, or if you prefer PM me with them
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: 20 February 2019, 22:43:44 »
Sorry about the logo, we had to change it.  Post the blk files and I'll try printing them on my machine, or if you prefer PM me with them

PM'd thank you!

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #21 on: 21 February 2019, 22:24:12 »
Not sure what is going on. Everything seemed to be working fine until I tried to deploy to a Pirates Free-for-All Big Battle. Deployed 2 lances to the scenario then hit the Start Game button. No megamek game load, nothing happening at all. Not freezing up the program as I can still do other things, just cannot start this battle. Version 0.45.3

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #22 on: 22 February 2019, 10:03:15 »
Not sure what is going on. Everything seemed to be working fine until I tried to deploy to a Pirates Free-for-All Big Battle. Deployed 2 lances to the scenario then hit the Start Game button. No megamek game load, nothing happening at all. Not freezing up the program as I can still do other things, just cannot start this battle. Version 0.45.3

We've had that bug reported a couple of times. We found it and fixed it for the next release.  Don't have a work around I'm afraid.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #23 on: 22 February 2019, 22:03:27 »
We've had that bug reported a couple of times. We found it and fixed it for the next release.  Don't have a work around I'm afraid.

Ok thanks, going to manually set up and complete that battle then. Hopefully the weekly battles still work like they have been after that.

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: 22 February 2019, 23:21:50 »
One thing I've noticed is that when I go to modify files for Warships I've created in MML, the year availability I've specified occasionally switches to 2260 or thereabouts, forcing me to go back and manually change it, then go to each of the sections that have been affected (such as switching the armor back to what I actually wanted instead of Prototype Aerospace). It seems to happen more often when I monkey with the various transport bays, but it's occasionally happened when I opened the file.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #25 on: 23 February 2019, 00:00:21 »
One thing I've noticed is that when I go to modify files for Warships I've created in MML, the year availability I've specified occasionally switches to 2260 or thereabouts, forcing me to go back and manually change it, then go to each of the sections that have been affected (such as switching the armor back to what I actually wanted instead of Prototype Aerospace). It seems to happen more often when I monkey with the various transport bays, but it's occasionally happened when I opened the file.

What version are you using?
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: 23 February 2019, 00:42:10 »
What version are you using?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #27 on: 23 February 2019, 10:34:14 »
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: 25 February 2019, 15:22:48 »
Just updated to 0.45.3. What's up with the restrictions on Docking Hardpoints?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #29 on: 25 February 2019, 15:34:23 »
Just updated to 0.45.3. What's up with the restrictions on Docking Hardpoints?

What restrictions do you mean?
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Register