Author Topic: Errata Discussion Thread - Questions HERE, not in Errata Threads  (Read 307917 times)

JadedFalcon

• Lieutenant
  • Wins at Battleteching
Re: Errata Discussion Thread - Questions HERE, not in Errata Threads
« Reply #750 on: 10 July 2016, 20:21:30 »
Couple questions on the new Combat Manual: Kurita.

First, more dumb questions on the availability lists. Right now it appears that the only way to get a CRD-3K Crusader or a WVR-6K Wolverine is to use a special character. Is this intentional?

Also, Mechwarriors of the DCMS on page 91. Orland Yamashita's SPA is Jumping Jack, yet he pilots a Hussar. I assume the SPA is an error and should to be corrected?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #751 on: 10 July 2016, 21:18:57 »
CRD-3K and WVR-6K should be on Kurita list (errata).
CRD-3R should be on General list.
(looks like I need to go line by line and check what else I failed to copy over)

Yamashita should be Maneuvering Ace and Forward Observer (no Jumping Jack).
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #752 on: 11 July 2016, 00:00:15 »
CRD-3K and WVR-6K should be on Kurita list (errata).
CRD-3R should be on General list.
(looks like I need to go line by line and check what else I failed to copy over)

Yamashita should be Maneuvering Ace and Forward Observer (no Jumping Jack).

Similarly, the Phoenix Hawk LAM (IS General) and Samurai aerospace fighter (DracCom/FRR) are missing. I can't build Sorenson's Sabres. :'(
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #753 on: 11 July 2016, 11:55:49 »
Similarly, the Phoenix Hawk LAM (IS General) and Samurai aerospace fighter (DracCom/FRR) are missing. I can't build Sorenson's Sabres. :'(

Tr3039 "less than a few dozen Samurias..highest concentration in Outworlds Alliance"
I'm going to suggest CM:Kurita p79 (story availability) for Sorenson's Samurai :).

LAMs, ok, I (unintentionally) dodged the entire LAM question.  I'll have to think about that, see what Ray thinks, and check back.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #754 on: 11 July 2016, 12:07:41 »
Tr3039 "less than a few dozen Samurias..highest concentration in Outworlds Alliance"
I'm going to suggest CM:Kurita p79 (story availability) for Sorenson's Samurai :).

LAMs, ok, I (unintentionally) dodged the entire LAM question.  I'll have to think about that, see what Ray thinks, and check back.

If anything, the Dracs should have the easiest time getting LAMs, given that they have the last factory...well, until the Cats wrecked it.

And thanks for pointing me to the new rule. Still, doesn't help that much since the list is also missing the Hermes III. ;) Per the MUL it's available to the Dracs, so I'll just use it anyway. Not like anyone can call me a munchkin for insisting on using that thing.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #755 on: 11 July 2016, 19:40:02 »
Not like anyone can call me a munchkin for insisting on using that thing.

Your a Munchkin ColBosch! A Munchkin I say!

But my question is where can I find the listing of the Minor Mercenaries, specifically The Fire Lizards. I skimmed it, but am unable to find anything on small units? While the name is from the old Dragoons book, as a Reg. unit for Draconis Combine from 3025.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #756 on: 11 July 2016, 19:50:11 »
We can't cover everything.  The Fire Lizards and most minor mercs are not covered.
If you'd like, CM:Mercs has rules for creating your own merc command.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #757 on: 11 July 2016, 20:08:14 »
And I really wish 22 more days was here for GenCon!!!

Then I could just walk down the street to the convention center and grab it while I wave at the Booth Monkeys!

TT
( And deliver that free pizza to ya myself, nckestrel! )
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

JadedFalcon

• Lieutenant
  • Wins at Battleteching
« Reply #758 on: 11 July 2016, 22:11:04 »
Thank you for your efforts nckestrel. Another thing in CM:Kurita grabbed my attention:

Page 85, Tactical Specialization (Combined Arms): "... the force has a -1 to-hit modifier to Initiative."

Should that be "the force has a -1 to-hit modifier for weapon attacks" or "the force has a +1 modifier to Initiative" or something else like -1 to hit and -1 to Initiative?

(Overall, a very fun supplement, looking forward to trying this stuff on the tabletop.)

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #759 on: 11 July 2016, 22:20:54 »
I'm going to bed, somebody poke me if I forgot to check on that tommorrow.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #760 on: 12 July 2016, 06:59:29 »
From the CM: Kurita thread:

Emma Wi is an example of a wider availability.  She is listed under the 1st Shin Legion.  If there were no available to mentioned, then she would only be available to the 1st Shin Legion.  But she does have an available to, and it says Shin Legions, so she can be used with the 1st or the 2nd.

Olivaw is listed under the 2nd An Ting.  By default, that would mean only available to the 2nd An Ting.  With an available to: An Ting Legions, he can be used with the 2nd or the 4th.

But, on Olander, he shouldn't have an available to.  He's listed under Gunzburg Eagles, and so doesn't really need an available to Gunzburg Eagles.

I think these could be clearer. Special characters should have their availability spelled out each and every time. So Olander should keep his Available To, and the others should have "Shin Legion (any)" and "An Ting Legions (any)," respectively.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #761 on: 12 July 2016, 07:19:04 »
From the CM: Kurita thread:

I think these could be clearer. Special characters should have their availability spelled out each and every time. So Olander should keep his Available To, and the others should have "Shin Legion (any)" and "An Ting Legions (any)," respectively.

I will keep that in mind for the future CMs.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #762 on: 12 July 2016, 07:27:42 »
I will keep that in mind for the future CMs.

That's all I can ask. Thank you!

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #763 on: 19 July 2016, 16:13:35 »
This is more of a request than a "X thing is wrong", and I am not sure I am putting it in the right place, but here goes: Can we get a chart for all the engine types in the Tech Manual that states what units can use that engine type? IE:

Standard: BM, IM, CV, AF, CF
ICE: IM, CV, CF
ETC.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #764 on: 20 July 2016, 06:40:36 »
This is more of a request than a "X thing is wrong", and I am not sure I am putting it in the right place, but here goes: Can we get a chart for all the engine types in the Tech Manual that states what units can use that engine type? IE:

Standard: BM, IM, CV, AF, CF
ICE: IM, CV, CF
ETC.
You mean like the one at the bottom of pg 215 in TechManual?
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #766 on: 26 July 2016, 13:51:53 »
If the webpage has spelling error, where would i post that.

The Latest Releases, lists Campaign Operations as Campaign Operations: Kurita [Book/PDF]. The page itself doesn't have the error.

Feel free to move this post to right place.

Thanks!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel

Vampire_Seraphin

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #768 on: 27 July 2016, 09:50:56 »
Hey guys, is there a way to search the errata by topic instead of source book? I've got a rules question and, frankly, no idea which book it might be associated with.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #769 on: 27 July 2016, 10:15:14 »
I don't believe so, other than by running a search with your topic to see where it was placed before.  Go ahead and post it here and I'll see how I can help you.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Vampire_Seraphin

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #770 on: 27 July 2016, 11:01:55 »
I discovered to my chagrin recently, in MM that you can't punch a mech in a height 1 building. Since mechs are height 2, physically, that should have logically been possible.

I was informed elsewhere after I made my post here, that buildings and combat are part of total warfare. I don't own that book, and my copy of the BMR is woefully outdated. I've searched the TW thread, and found nothing about this specific edge case.

So, my question is, "is there errata anywhere that addresses if/why a building only waist high blocks/allows physical attacks aimed at a mech's upper section such as punches, clubs, and dfas?"

Logically, a building only covering 1/2 of a mech should attack in a manner similar to partial cover.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #771 on: 27 July 2016, 11:28:34 »
TW p171, Attacking Units Inside Buildings, Physical Attacks.
No need to errata, the rulebook states the rule itself.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #772 on: 27 July 2016, 11:31:01 »
Ah, you're basically asking about how the game works today.  For questions like that, post in Ground Combat, rather than any of the rules forums, as the latter are for working out something that's unclear in the current rules, for the most part.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Vampire_Seraphin

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #773 on: 27 July 2016, 11:49:04 »
Allow me to clarify.

I want to know if any errata has been published making an exception to the normal rules if the building is only height 1.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #774 on: 27 July 2016, 12:12:09 »
Allow me to clarify.

I want to know if any errata has been published making an exception to the normal rules if the building is only height 1.

No. It has nothing to do with elevation.

Vampire_Seraphin

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #775 on: 27 July 2016, 12:25:27 »
Hmmm, that seems illogical. I'd like to follow up on this. Ask the devs why there is not an exception. Logically, it seems like a building only 1/2 a mech's height should work more like partial cover.

Who should I contact/where should I post to ask that question?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #776 on: 27 July 2016, 14:43:57 »
I believe the issue is footing, not height.  A 'mech can't actually reach across an entire hex to punch a target.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #777 on: 29 July 2016, 20:48:20 »
Question regarding Flare LRM's.

They are currently listed on Pg 61 of IO, but per this post

(http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=41974.msg968286#msg968286) they have been removed.

Have they been returned to the game or is the IO reference an error?

EDIT. Adding another question rather than creating a new post:

TO references Thunder/FASCAM munitions for (Long Tom/Sniper/Thumper) but the tables on pg 59 in IO don't have them.  Searching the PDF for "FASCAM" I see them for LRMs and Bombs.

Want to confirm that FASCAM is still valid for tube artillery.
« Last Edit: 31 July 2016, 12:00:01 by Hammer »
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

GoldBishop

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #778 on: 24 August 2016, 00:18:04 »
Possible Errata for the Alpha Strike Companion, and retroactive Errata to the Master Unit List (specific links to units to follow).

Alpha Strike Companion p.113
. Clan Battle Armor Weapons Conversion Table --> Direct Fire Ballistics --> Battle Armor LB-X Autocannon
"Flak" is missing from the Notes section on the far right hand side.

Per TacOps p.286, the weapon is a coded "DB, C/F" for Direct Ballistic, Cluster/Flak.  The weapon deals up to 4 damage in 1-point clusters.

The damage appears to have already been calculated properly for Flak weapons in AlphaStrike (Cluster Hits table for "4" rack, avg 7 = 3; -1 flak multiplier = x1.05; 3 x 1.05 = 0.315).
As Battle Armor weapons are multiplied by their troop factor, when calculating their AlphaStrike weapon values, I have determined the following:
 . . (0.315 x 3.5 troop factor = 1.1025 damage at Short and Medium for CAR4, CAR5) = qualifies for FLK Special...
 . . (0.315 x 4.5 troop factor = 1.4175 damage at Short and Medium for CAR6) = qualifies for FLK Special...

Assuming this is actual errata, I have managed to find a handful of units that require Retroactive Updates based on their Record Sheets and respective TRO entries (at least until the Search function is restored on the MUL, or I find time to look up more units with the BA LB-X):

Black Wolf [LB-X]: TRO3145 p.11, 66 (RS), RS3145_Unabridged p.422
 . add "FLK1/1/-" to the listed unit's Specials
Thunderbird (Upgrade) (LB-X): RS3145_Unabridged p.27
Thunderbird II (Standard): XTRO_Republic_2 p.16?
« Last Edit: 24 August 2016, 00:22:11 by GoldBishop »
"Watch the man-made-lightning fly!"  -RaiderRed

S.gage

• Lieutenant
  • The Nova Cat is a subtle hunter.
« Reply #779 on: 01 September 2016, 07:37:36 »
Got a juxtaposition of dates between TO and IO tables:

IO pdf, pp. 36-37, "Universal Technology Advancement Table":
"MechWarrior Combat Suit", Production (Faction) = 2790
"MechWarrior Cooling Suit", Production (Faction) = 2500

The Ref given in the notes, TO p. 317, "Conventional Infantry Armor Table", says these are reversed. Which is correct?
S.gage
"WHO PUT 6 ARMOR ON THE RIFLEMAN'S HEAD?!?" - Peter S., while marking damage from a PPC, 1994.
"Ich bin Jadefalke!!!! Ich bin MechKrieger!!!!" - German students on their field trip to Leipzig, 1998.
Until the next Clan Invasion or Jihad, Clan Schrödinger's Cat is and is not Annihilated. :)
Early Clan Refit BattleMechs, Novel Clan Golden Century BattleMechs, Early Clan Refit Combat Vehicles, 1st & 2nd Generation Clan OmniMechs.

Register