Author Topic: Its Been Fun!  (Read 2756 times)

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
Its Been Fun!
« on: 18 June 2018, 20:00:03 »
At Origins this year I talked to Mary and asked that she place me on the Inactive list. I think I've gotten burned out- I haven't run anything since before Christmas.

I started being a demo agent in 2002/2003. Its been a blast running games locally and at Cons with all of you from Ann Arbor to Columbus to Indianapolis. There have been some great WWE's too, and my fellow Agents have been top notch!  Its likely I'll still keep supplying the Origins crew with whiskey  ;)

I cannot say if I'll be back or not-- I hope I will be! But for now Agent #49 is signing off.

-Brian
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Its Been Fun!
« Reply #1 on: 18 June 2018, 20:06:35 »
Top, on behalf of the unwashed masses, our thanks for all the work you've done to date. A really big reason we're all here to talk stompy robots is the efforts of the demo team in keeping the game alive & out front.

Don't be a stranger!

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2018, 17:08:56 »
Sorry to see you go, but thanks for all you've done!

Who knows, maybe you'll feel like taking another swing after a break.
And if not, well, at least we'll know you're focusing on the things you enjoy!

The solution is just ignore Paul.

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #3 on: 20 June 2018, 17:09:16 »
Take care, hope to see you around again some day.
Demo Agent #715
Game HQ Oklahoma City, OK
Carolina Comics Lawton, OK
Oklahoma Battletech Group on Facebook

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #4 on: 20 June 2018, 18:53:39 »
I'm sure I'll still be hanging around the boards.  :)
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: 21 June 2018, 21:10:59 »
Hope you will be back as an agent  :thumbsup: