Author Topic: Solahma Support Star, Clan Jade Falcon, Omega Galaxy  (Read 2377 times)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Solahma Support Star, Clan Jade Falcon, Omega Galaxy
« on: 13 July 2015, 05:18:45 »
So, I've posted my Solahma Heavy Star for Jade Falcon's Omega Galaxy. The unit was destroyed - expended, if you will - in the Jihad in desperate battles with Lyrans and Blakists, as required. The Heavy Star was scraped together from hanger queens, 'Mechs found in the back of warehouses for lack of replacement parts, and the odd trophy; the pilots were all aging with honorable, if not exceptional records, eager to earn glory for the Clan through their sacrifice. As the Galaxy Commander said, "You will all burn ... but you will burn well, and serve the Clan as you bring the fire of your zeal upon the hated foe."

But a Star, no matter how heavy, nor how hot Falcon pride burns in their pilots, is not enough when facing despicable Spheroids. Even the mightiest fight better when supported. A sweep Star of light second-line 'Mechs is being assembled, but in the meantime a supporting unit providing artillery has been scraped together.

The Solahma Support Star is led by an UrbanMech IIC, with a point of Hueys (I am NOT typing that all out!), a point of Elementals, a point of foot infantry, and a point of Maxim Cs to transport the troopers.

I've owned that Urbie IIC for decades, and finally found a place for it in a combat unit! After all, it can outrun the Hueys with ease ;) The Hueys are DA pieces, fixed - the DA puts the Arrows in a depression in the dorsal area in front of the turret, and just looked odd. So I fixed that; basically missile launchers fixed at the front above the track, and the deck built up with putty. Looks much more like the art, but for the 4 ports per missile launcher - near enough!

The foot troops needed transport, and I decided to hazard the Maxim C. I used DA Bellonas as the base; turrets off Skadis, SRM ports added to each side, the Bellona's LRM rack repurposed, and a Maxim-like front, with clamshell doors, added from putty.

(And I used the suggestions from earlier to make the vehicles look like they'd been wading through Steel Viper blood and raising a wake ;) )

I had a lot of fun making this unit up - not traditional Clan, or even traditional Jade Falcon, but I reckon even Malvina Hazen couldn't fault the mix. When I get the second lines done, I'll have a nice Trinary to go!

As before, the Omega scheme is simple - prime black, drybrush metal, paint on green ink directly, detail and add blood wake. Simple, but effective.

Comments as always welcomed,

W.

* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
Re: Solahma Support Star, Clan Jade Falcon, Omega Galaxy
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2015, 08:55:02 »
Huitziloptchli tanks from MWDA look pretty good next to BT mechs. Nice job on the whole crew! I like the blurb you put about the sohlama unit

If you do any 3145 spheroid armies, the DA paladin tank is what I would call the perfect size for BT
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

TheMaster1955

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2015, 09:57:05 »
nice  O0 O0
Life: Some assembly required!

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2015, 12:07:00 »
I love the kitbashed Huitzilopochtlis (See, I can type it! ;) )- glad this turned out as well as it did!
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2015, 18:02:43 »
 O0