Author Topic: Crests for the Great Houses  (Read 1776 times)

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
Crests for the Great Houses
« on: 07 January 2020, 07:26:02 »
As part of a project I have been working on for a number of years I am doing my best to chart all of the noble families in BattleTech, As part of it I have the almost impossible task of seperating "Great House" from "Nation State" over on Sarna.

I know House Liao maintain a "House Crest" that is different from that of the Capellan Confederation.
I am pretty sure House Steiner replaced the "Lyre" of the Lyran Commonwealth with their house crest way back in the 2500s or so. (Going to check later)

Anybody know if the other three great houses maintain a seperate crest?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
Re: Crests for the Great Houses
« Reply #1 on: 07 January 2020, 07:43:43 »
There is an eagle-less house Marik crest that I can’t find at the moment (Martian had posted it around here at some point a few years ago). IIRC it was in the original house Marik FASA book

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 07 January 2020, 08:26:00 »
I will have a look in the book and see if I can see anything.  :thumbsup:

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #3 on: 07 January 2020, 09:24:59 »
I will have a look in the book and see if I can see anything.  :thumbsup:

Here are colorized versions of the original FWL crest and the original CC crest.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

abou

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 13 January 2020, 08:37:44 »
Davion has a Crest that features a fox going as far back as at least Reynard Davion. I think it was shown in FM: FS and HB: HD.

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 08 February 2020, 15:49:32 »
Here are colorized versions of the original FWL crest and the original CC crest.
Are you after the Marik crest, or the Free Worlds League emblem?

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #6 on: 08 February 2020, 17:43:54 »
Neat thanks!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.