Author Topic: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread II - READ THE FIRST POST  (Read 310586 times)

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
Re: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread II - READ THE FIRST POST
« Reply #390 on: 31 May 2016, 06:36:54 »
I'd like to make an enhancement request.  I'd like to have the ability to export the results of a filtered unit search to a file in .csv format or something similar.

Copy - paste works. Just remember to grab the header so it brings along the columns. I do a fair amount of work that way.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #391 on: 05 June 2016, 12:59:48 »
The Saroyan Jump Bomber's role seems wrong. http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6472/saroyan-jump-bomber-standard
It is listed as Fast Dogfighter, but given the unit's capabilities (well, lack of them), it doesn't seem fitting. Attack Fighter (despite its speed criteria being far lower) or Fire Support would be more fitting for its role as pure ground-attack aircraft.

pakishi

• Recruit
« Reply #392 on: 11 June 2016, 18:44:23 »
MUL, AS Force Builder, and permission to print.

I print all my stuff at my local office depot, which I encounter no issues, but a friend is getting his AS Force Builder printouts rejected by the store manager since it does't have a permission to reproduce for personal use labelled on it.

Is there something he can point to to get past this issue?

Thanks

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #393 on: 11 June 2016, 20:39:30 »
Baleena Passenger Submarine listed as 0 tons, should be 200 tons

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #394 on: 11 June 2016, 21:33:14 »
Baleena Passenger Submarine listed as 0 tons, should be 200 tons
Fixed. It was entered as 0.2 tons for some reason.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #395 on: 14 June 2016, 18:46:35 »
It seems Loki Mk II has wrong structure value for its AS cards. Both Ebon Jaguar and Hellbringer have 4 but Loki II has only 3, even though they're all same weight and use Clan XL engine, and there should not be anything else that reduces the value in Loki II.

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6277/loki-mk-ii-prime
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6278/loki-mk-ii-a
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6279/loki-mk-ii-b

Xotl: corrected, thanks.
« Last Edit: 14 June 2016, 18:55:58 by Xotl »

mutantsix

• Corporal
« Reply #396 on: 19 June 2016, 22:33:53 »
I was looking at the entry for the Tiger T-12 and availability has it as extinct yet the written description suggests that it was put into limited production across the IS during the succession wars?

Which is correct?

Regards

Mutantsix

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #397 on: 25 June 2016, 11:55:08 »
Marauder II, specifically the MAD-5A

http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/2059/marauder-ii-mad-5a

It's on the FedCom RAT in Era Report 3052 and Era Report 3062, so it looks like availability needs to be adjusted.
The fluff in the original TRO:3050 clearly indicates sales to at least one merc unit as well.

I'm not sure if the 5B or 5C models might be impacted.

ETA:  It's in the FM: Mercs RAT as well.
« Last Edit: 25 June 2016, 12:38:28 by 00Dawg »

CDT Special Agent #343

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #398 on: 25 June 2016, 12:07:27 »
Marauder II, specifically the MAD-5A

http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/2059/marauder-ii-mad-5a

It's on the FedCom RAT in Era Report 3052 and Era Report 3062, so it looks like availability needs to be adjusted.

That might be more of an error in the RATs, unless wider distribution was deliberately intended.

The fluff in the original TRO:3050 clearly indicates sales to at least one merc unit as well.

That would be covered by the newer Common Allies/Enemies rules in Combat Manual: Mercenaries; custom units can pay points to have the Dragoons as an Ally, giving them access to Dragoons-specific machines. The MUL takes into account that handfuls of specific units may be found outside of their original factions, but unless it's a substantial number or results in new variants, then the capturing faction is not listed. Otherwise, given how widely 'Mechs end up distributed (at least in tiny numbers), listing factions at all would be pointless.

For a very specific example, look at the Capellan Death Commandos. They have the special rule that they can use any Inner Sphere 'Mech, from any faction, by choice. Does that mean that every 'Mech should have "Liao" as a listed faction?
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #399 on: 27 June 2016, 01:21:48 »
Reporting a problem with the MUL:

When you hit the button to download a created force, the compiled .pdf does not include the last skill toggle you made unless it was not the last thing you did prior to hitting the download button.

In other words, if the last unit you add to your force is not a skill 4, the only way to make it show up as the skill you want on the compiled .pdf is to then add and remove a pointless extra unit before compiling.

EDIT: messing around with it further has revealed that it is ignoring ALL skill toggles after the last unit that was added or removed.  If you add every unit in your list, and then go in and put in all the skills, the pdf will still print everyone at skill 4 if you don't add and remove another unit just before compiling.
« Last Edit: 30 June 2016, 10:07:45 by Tai Dai Cultist »

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #400 on: 03 July 2016, 03:36:23 »
Problem/Question: The BLR-1C BattleMaster is mentioned in canon but does not show up in the MUL.

Explicitly named the BLR-1C twice, it features in the novel Heir to the Dragon as Theodore Kurita's ComStar-supplied command 'Mech in chapters 52 and 65, FASA edition pp. 251-251 & 306-311= Roc edition pp. 287-289 & 346-351.
It is explicitly said this 'Mech came unmodified and without downgrades, i.e. the one in the novel is a factory model in original configuration. In battle it is described to use one (implicitly single) arm-mounted Donal PPC, a Holly SRM-6 launcher, DHS, paired rear-defense lasers, and it explicitly does not have machine guns.

The BLR-2C may have been meant to be this 'Mech, but it bears a wrong alphanumerical designation (and its AMS and BAP aren't mentioned in the novel).

There is a BLR-1Gc variant with a "double cockpit" mentioned in TRO:3075 that seems to be identical to the BLR-1C as described in the novel, and Sarna posits these may be the same model.

Any new insights? I was looking for the BLR-1C's intro date for a story when I found this problem.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #401 on: 03 July 2016, 09:27:52 »
We'll look at it, but Ask The Writers or (in this case) Ask the Lead Devs might give you a better chance at getting answers than here.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

JadedFalcon

• Lieutenant
  • Wins at Battleteching
« Reply #402 on: 10 July 2016, 20:09:05 »
Reporting a problem with the MUL:

When you hit the button to download a created force, the compiled .pdf does not include the last skill toggle you made unless it was not the last thing you did prior to hitting the download button.

In other words, if the last unit you add to your force is not a skill 4, the only way to make it show up as the skill you want on the compiled .pdf is to then add and remove a pointless extra unit before compiling.

EDIT: messing around with it further has revealed that it is ignoring ALL skill toggles after the last unit that was added or removed.  If you add every unit in your list, and then go in and put in all the skills, the pdf will still print everyone at skill 4 if you don't add and remove another unit just before compiling.

Is this with or without clicking the Save button prior to clicking Print PDF? Using the Save button before exporting the PDF seems to prevent a number of issues. (At least when I've tried it.)

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #403 on: 18 July 2016, 11:26:30 »
We now have rules in Campaign Operations for having large spacecraft in your forces, and availability rolls that rely on cost and number of docking collars.  Is there any chance we could have c-bill costs for dropships and jumpships (and dropship collars for jumpships in the notes?) prioritized for the MUL?
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #404 on: 20 July 2016, 00:42:11 »
The Tengu C3i currently has a minimum Short-range damage value.  It has no weapons: am I missing something, or should it have a 0 for damage?
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #405 on: 20 July 2016, 05:08:07 »
It can still carry an infantry rifle.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #406 on: 21 July 2016, 15:01:28 »
The Aquila ASF lacks any URL that my computer is capable of displaying.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #407 on: 21 July 2016, 21:51:15 »
Could you provide some more details? The link you posted works fine for me on both computers and mobiles. I did fix the image not appearing.

Does this link also not work?
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6518

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #408 on: 22 July 2016, 16:09:34 »
I typed URL and meant image.  Not entirely sure what I was thinking.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #409 on: 22 July 2016, 19:41:19 »
The image was fixed when I was poking around.

GoldBishop

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #410 on: 28 July 2016, 11:38:27 »
Ares Medium Tank (Standard) - http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/109/ares-medium-tank-standard
Ares Medium Tank (Plasma)  - http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/108/ares-medium-tank-plasma

Both have Type "BM"... should be "CV"

I noticed this when I went to mark off Motive crits and it had the wrong boxes to check.  (I'm assuming fixing BM to CV will also rectify the Crit table on the card)
"Watch the man-made-lightning fly!"  -RaiderRed

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #411 on: 28 July 2016, 11:41:18 »
Thanks, fixed the Ares.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #412 on: 01 August 2016, 18:08:17 »
All variants of the Buster HaulerMech were given artwork in Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons that is different from the Powerman HaulerMech. See attached.

I believe the Buster XXI and Buster BC XXI refer to the same machine. Suggest deleting Buster XXI as it does not contain the reference to the RS book, nor much other information.

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
« Reply #413 on: 03 August 2016, 00:31:06 »
Bump.

The HPPC and LRM variants of the Brutus Assault tank appear to have incorrect values for their TUR special on their AS cards. 

The Brutus Assault Tank (LRM) has a turret value of TUR(2/3/2) and should be (if I'm doing this right) of TUR(2/3/3).  The unit has 2 x LRM 20 in the turret each with more than 10 rounds of ammo.

The Brutus Assault Tank (HPPC) has a turret value of TUR(2/2/2) and should be TUR(2/3/3).  The unit has 1 x LRM 20 with more than 10 rounds of ammo and 1 x HPPC in the turret.

Thank you.

Greyhind

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm Watching You
« Reply #414 on: 06 August 2016, 09:08:39 »
I like and use the BV Piloting/Gunnery charts but if I could request a feature, would it be possible to label the two axis as piloting and gunnery? At the moment they're useful but not user-friendly.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #415 on: 08 August 2016, 17:12:14 »
I like and use the BV Piloting/Gunnery charts but if I could request a feature, would it be possible to label the two axis as piloting and gunnery? At the moment they're useful but not user-friendly.

agreed, i forget which axis is which every time i reference the chart.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #416 on: 08 August 2016, 18:34:10 »
I added it to the to do list. I'm not sure when it will be worked on.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #417 on: 09 August 2016, 07:24:32 »
Brutus HPPC and LRM fixed, thanks.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #418 on: 09 August 2016, 07:25:55 »
I added it to the to do list. I'm not sure when it will be worked on.

cool, thanks.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?