Author Topic: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing  (Read 165927 times)

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
Re: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing
« Reply #1230 on: 19 February 2019, 15:40:07 »
Thinking about picking up Stellaris console edition. Anyone here play it on pc?
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #1231 on: 19 February 2019, 15:45:12 »
Thinking about picking up Stellaris console edition. Anyone here play it on pc?

Yep.  It's pretty good, Decent successor to MoO2.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1232 on: 19 February 2019, 16:04:08 »
Please tell me that means master's of Orion 😄😄
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1233 on: 19 February 2019, 16:26:51 »
And not molybdenum dioxide? ^-^
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #1234 on: 19 February 2019, 21:58:22 »
Please tell me that means master's of Orion 😄😄

You are correct, sir!

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1235 on: 20 February 2019, 02:23:19 »
You are correct, sir!

!!!!!! Loved that series as a little kid, definitely gonna pick it up then.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1236 on: 20 February 2019, 10:38:22 »
!!!!!! Loved that series as a little kid, definitely gonna pick it up then.
You might want to take a look at some YouTube vids. MOO games are turn based and Stellaris is RTS. So find out first what you're getting into. If turn based is a requirement for you, there are Endless Space 2 and Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars from 2016.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1237 on: 21 February 2019, 03:41:26 »
You might want to take a look at some YouTube vids. MOO games are turn based and Stellaris is RTS. So find out first what you're getting into. If turn based is a requirement for you, there are Endless Space 2 and Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars from 2016.

I'm fine with either honestly, been reading up on reviews and for 38$ it looks like a fun way to kill time when my buddy's aren't on to play Apex.
 I'm a console player so my options for these kind of games is sorely limited unfortunately.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1238 on: 21 February 2019, 15:09:20 »
I know some here have mentioned sites like GOG for getting ahold of older games.
But has anyone had experience with the site old-games.com?  they seem to have a # of older games for download, similar to how GOG does it (it seems)....
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1239 on: 21 February 2019, 16:24:13 »
I made a search for the site and got a link to GOG forum. Speculation goes it's pirate site and mods will warn (or ban) you for typing (most of) the address.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #1240 on: 21 February 2019, 16:43:41 »
I made a search for the site and got a link to GOG forum. Speculation goes it's pirate site and mods will warn (or ban) you for typing (most of) the address.

IF pirate THEN
set Mod_Mood = <laughing_bones_xxx_dynamite_LoL>

"Dead men teeeelll no taaaaales." #lifelongdisneylandfan
« Last Edit: 21 February 2019, 16:47:52 by Bedwyr »
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1241 on: 21 February 2019, 17:42:44 »
I just finished a game of Age of Empires II, for PC.

Twas fun...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Dies Irae

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1242 on: 21 February 2019, 20:27:57 »
Did... did you just make a Full Metal Jacket reference, Azur Lane...  ???
You did. You did didn't you.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1243 on: 22 February 2019, 00:54:32 »

Which is why i didn't do a full linking..
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #1244 on: 22 February 2019, 08:19:52 »
Just so y'all know, it doesn't take a link either. Just soliciting pirated stuff will get you into trouble. There's a line and it's roughly at "Hey, can someone find me some Warez?" to borrow a nineties term. Sometimes it's unclear whether someone wants to *buy* the product, but usually that susses out in the followup exchange.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1245 on: 22 February 2019, 08:23:03 »
Dragon Quest XI currently half off on steam... hmmm

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Armiger

• Recruit
« Reply #1246 on: 01 March 2019, 00:25:51 »
XCOM 2 War of the Chosen at the moment.

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #1247 on: 01 March 2019, 01:19:19 »
Darkest Dungeon, because apparently I'm sucker roguelikes. I blame FTL for sending me on this spiral.
Shoot first, laugh later.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1248 on: 01 March 2019, 03:18:51 »
Picked up Stellaris on the console, wasn't disappointed. Managed to make clan sea fox,yeah yeah!

Wombat

• Captain
« Reply #1249 on: 01 March 2019, 03:45:57 »
Old skool but I recently picked up a PS4 (my old 360 finally died a peaceful death) and I've been playing Skyrim through. Such a glorious waste of time.
"Remember gweilo, you suck when you are nervous." - James Hong

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1250 on: 01 March 2019, 04:17:25 »
Old skool but I recently picked up a PS4 (my old 360 finally died a peaceful death) and I've been playing Skyrim through. Such a glorious waste of time.

Did you make a mage only to end up a stealthy archer?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1251 on: 01 March 2019, 12:03:09 »
Mages got so nerfed in Skyrim.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1252 on: 01 March 2019, 13:14:01 »
I will never not play a stealthy archer in elder schools

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1253 on: 01 March 2019, 14:03:46 »
I found an excellent way to grind archery in Skyrim.

Go west of Whitehall until you find a small bridge.  There should be a couple of mammoths that spawn in the region.  If you shoot a mammoth, you can run under the bridge and they can't reach you, allowing you to pepper them with arrows (or spells) until they both die, netting a bunch of skill and some good loot at low level for basically no risk.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1254 on: 02 March 2019, 22:09:43 »
Not a video game, but analog RPG, and I don't wanna open a new topic for it. GURPS with setting taking after Skyrim video game. In player adventuring party are a man and a woman, both with following features: handsome/beautiful, sex appeal, and lecherousness. First night, some dice rolls, and at end of it human man got infection from vampire woman. Player characters (all 3 of them, including the vampire) started to look up ingredients for the cure.
Player of 3rd character: We have enough
Me: For how many nights? ;D

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1255 on: 02 March 2019, 22:37:39 »
GURPS is a good game system for shenanigans.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1256 on: 08 March 2019, 05:31:42 »
Stellaris has been a blast. Im on my third empire as a fanatical spiritualist/pacifist! I've uplifted one primitive species but during the process I lost a scientist,uh oh!? He later turned up having engrained himself into the population with the intent of leading them and revealed himself all, it was me dio!!! Style. After making them my vassal I incorporated them into my empire at the same time he claimed he would lead them to glory, feel bad for his failed plans. I started a war of liberation to try out the war mechanics and had a blast fighting a 2 on 1 war against a couple of guys that lasted about 3 decades with lots of pew pew pews untill I finally won and liberated one of the filthy xenos homeworlds for the kek,this new fledgling empire was then turned vassal by another empire ive had semi decent relationship with. But the orthorri empires in a federation with another guy who i dont get along with and they ended up going to war with me shortly after,my 2 friends were worthless in this fight so after about 40 years of fighting we ceded for peace and basically chunked one of my allies in the concessions. While observing another primitive species I once again lost another scientist and had a good idea of what would happen...i was wrong. The Surat exposed himself and claimed to be their new God king and flipped me the bird, I promptly landed a couple squads of psi warriors and killed their new God along with a number of his fanatical warriors and probably tainted their development, Spock would be pissed. Then war 2 electric boogaloo begun when the 2 biggest empires decided to have another go with me,throwing out 80k fleets at me that through guile,perseverance and sometime luck I have managed to fend off. 30 years into the war they are trying to make peace, but I've occupied a few of their world's and plan on sending small fleets of corvettes in to smash their resources as they have done to mine, turn about is fair play,quiaff?

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1257 on: 08 March 2019, 17:11:13 »
Then war 2 electric boogaloo begun when the 2 biggest empires decided to have another go with me,throwing out 80k fleets at me that through guile,perseverance and sometime luck I have managed to fend off. 30 years into the war they are trying to make peace, but I've occupied a few of their world's and plan on sending small fleets of corvettes in to smash their resources as they have done to mine, turn about is fair play,quiaff?
Make peace with one of them, then curb-stomp the other.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1258 on: 09 March 2019, 00:06:02 »
I would but they're a federation. Wars been going on 50 years and now it's a galactic war with everyone they have ever picked on hitting them. Currently occupying 6 of their planets which is nothing with how huge they are,if they offered me a federation invite it would be a federation victory. My favorite battleship is what I named the gausszilla.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1259 on: 09 March 2019, 08:12:55 »
Conquer from within...

Boom! You won...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016