Author Topic: Shadow Hawk 3H  (Read 5987 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: Shadow Hawk 3H
« Reply #30 on: 05 May 2019, 18:33:16 »
So could this thing be like a 2D? With less armor or small engine it could work?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

The_Caveman

• Lieutenant
  • A Living Fossil
« Reply #31 on: 05 May 2019, 18:56:56 »
Mounting two MGs in the left arm would be some Dougram street-cred...
Half the fun of BattleTech is the mental gymnastics required to scientifically rationalize design choices made decades ago entirely based on the Rule of Cool.

The other half is a first-turn AC/2 shot TAC to your gyro that causes your Atlas to fall and smash its own cockpit... wait, I said fun didn't I?

Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: 05 May 2019, 19:27:33 »
The one thing a SHD can't do well is squick PBI. The SRM can be loaded with frags or infernos, but with a single SRM-2 those are questionable options.

TBH, inferno in an SRM-2 isn't a terrible choice. At a tech level with no DHS, 4 heat is often more annoying than 4 damage even against mechs, and of course it's a lot better against infantry.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #33 on: 05 May 2019, 19:32:54 »
Just to throw this out there to any mini-modders, the SRM 2 is a separate piece on the current shadow hawk sculpt, and there's plenty of options for dropping a machine gun in its place (I used a spare part from the current wasp sculpt).

If... you know... you were in to that sort of thing.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #34 on: 05 May 2019, 20:35:48 »
Actual designs should probably go down in the design forum...

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #35 on: 05 May 2019, 21:02:52 »
that must have been back in the day before half ton MG ammo bins. and i'd really question the engineer's competence that came up with that mod, because you are sacrificing a useful missile rack for a gun that has 1/3rd the range, half the damage, and has a torso bomb for an ammo supply.

i dunno, this seems like an ideal periphery design to me, it has a tool for almost any job. if you're in the sticks, you don't want to waste your good ammo on willy and jethro trying to ram you in their old beater truck, do ya?  8)
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

Register