Author Topic: Parts, and some more parts!  (Read 564 times)

Wolf72

• Captain
Parts, and some more parts!
« on: 10 December 2022, 13:40:53 »
So I went for it over BF weekend and bought the AS box, Eris, and Hammerhead ... very pleased.

I'm thinking of making the Eris with two gun arms or two hands (got a R & L for guns and arms).

But now I have small set of spare parts.  2 Eris arms, 2 HH arms, 1 HH leg set, 2 Eris LL, a HH torso.  I feel Chewie's pain when he gathered up all of -3PO's pieces.

ALMOST enough to make something, just missing a cod/groin/crotch piece.

What are my options? (as I'm not much of tinker and basic/simple is good enough for me!)

Is there some sort of clay/modeling clay I could pick up (hobby lobby & Joanns are very close, as is Wal-Mart.) ... I'm good enough to shape it something simple, but what about drying it correctly? (and does it take glue)

email cgl store and ask?

get on FB BT and ask?
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Lethe Water

• Recruit
Re: Parts, and some more parts!
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2024, 20:04:01 »
There are not many options honestly. I do hope that CGL/Monster Fight Club does do something like what Creative Juggernaut did with the initial Black Knight and Stormcrow runs and offer a package of "rejected" bits. Looking at the Premium mechs that are put out, there are typically 2 released a year (2021: two, 2022: four, 2023: two, 2024:1) but we average about 3 a year.

This could be a good secondary market for either CGL or MFC, especially when the Hammerhead and Phoenix Hawk had some production issues. Maybe a "salvage" or "frakenmech" bit bag sold at the end of the year. This does however depend on how often torso or hip parts are rejected. As the arms and legs are produced at a higher rate, there is a increased chance of rejected pieces.

Luciora

• Major
Re: Parts, and some more parts!
« Reply #2 on: 30 March 2024, 22:32:55 »
There are metal waists available from IWMs scrapyard, and when I got my Tukayyid salvage baggies, there were a bunch of stormcrow waists in there that could work for kitbashing as well.