Author Topic: Mercenaries Kickstarter Discussion 6: the 1st 3rd Star League conversation  (Read 50901 times)

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
One of these days you guys will finally learn that starting topics is free, I have 302 topics in my garage.

Please continue your regularly scheduled discussion here.

Yes I know the 3rd League conversation is in a different topic, but it started because of observations about the KS swag so it counts.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

MarauderD

• Major
I'm excited for the Firestarter and Javelin minis--they looked great in the pics I saw from Pax.  Also, think of the dirty things you can do with two Firestarters and two Javelins with mixed Inferno/SRM loads.   :evil:

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
I'm honestly genuinely excited for the Star League covers for the Beginner and GOAC boxes.  Hanse v Death Commandos Comstar is iconic but it's very dark.  The new covers are bright and very eye catching.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
I feel the Firestarter's centre torso flamer is a bit too big, but it's a minor complaint
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
It’s free fire

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
I feel the Firestarter's centre torso flamer is a bit too big, but it's a minor complaint

It looks to be in the same scale as the Warhawk C's Flamer, I'd chalk it up to being a Light and much smaller.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
It looks to be in the same scale as the Warhawk C's Flamer, I'd chalk it up to being a Light and much smaller.

Yeah, it's more the proportions relative to the rest of the 'mech. The rectangular design of the weapon looks cool
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
I'm just looking to get lots more IS mechs for my Fronc/Canpoian/Taurian Campaign Area
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
Also, think of the dirty things you can do with two Firestarters and two Javelins with mixed Inferno/SRM loads.   :evil:

I wanted to, but some nice gentlemen from Geneva told me to stop it... :grin:

I'll have to take a look at the pics -- seeing their art on the MUL, it's another in the long list of "I don't know how they did it, but they improved upon perfection" moments that the guys doing the redesigns have been racking up.

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
Question is do we get to thread 8 before shipping?

MarauderD

• Major

Beat me to it:  I'm painting up the Warhawk C right now as new Star League Falcons and they look identical at first glance.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?

Seeing how they're predicting fulfillment in March, well probably get past it.
I have spoken.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Placeholder.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
Seeing how they're predicting fulfillment in March, well probably get past it.

I've not been paying attention - is the current preduction for delivery in March 2024? Because it's great if it is, but in that case it feels like it might deliver before the Leviathan KS...
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
TAG'd.  The new artwork is beautiful work.
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

DarkSpade

• Major

Likely.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

mitchberthelson

• Warrant Officer
  • Death to Zohan!

I'll have to take a look at the pics -- seeing their art on the MUL, it's another in the long list of "I don't know how they did it, but they improved upon perfection" moments that the guys doing the redesigns have been racking up.

LOL. Too bad the Firestarters won't be out in time for me playing as the 99th Amaris Dragoons IN Geneva at the next Strategicon event.

Luciora

• Major
March delivery would be nice

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
I've not been paying attention - is the current preduction for delivery in March 2024? Because it's great if it is, but in that case it feels like it might deliver before the Leviathan KS...
During the PAX Unplugged livestream Cubby talked about Force Manual Davion coming out Marchish with the Kickstarter stuff. The general assumption is that he was talking about Kickstarter fulfillment and not retail.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
March or a bit earlier lets them sell the new 40th shirts at GenCon & keep their promise.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots

You need to use gas missiles and something with an Arrow IV to deploy nukes for the full Geneva Checklist...
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

The_Big_Red_Bear

• Master Sergeant
  • Purple Bird is Strong
    • The Big Red Youtube Channel
During the PAX Unplugged livestream Cubby talked about Force Manual Davion coming out Marchish with the Kickstarter stuff. The general assumption is that he was talking about Kickstarter fulfillment and not retail.

If this manages to get fulfilled in March, that'd be fantastic news. Coming in approximately 3 months prior to June would be a big boon.

Even if things come later, regardless, huge props to Liya and CGL for diligently working on this and keeping everyone updated. It's been great to see.
I Am Big_Red_40TECH and so can you.

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
Saw this shared

Wolf72

• Captain
that is a cool spread of boxes ... want to see the Blood Asp 'in person' though.

NM ... posted over in mini's section by Savage Coyote  https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,83395.0.html
« Last Edit: 06 December 2023, 20:44:20 by Wolf72 »
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

ShroudedSciuridae

• Warrant Officer
I got my SL swag for the first one, I honestly just assumed Alaric would put his face at the center of the star for the Third one. I'd still get that one though.
"Assassinating" the Clan commander's goldfish is hardly the stuff of legend.

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlaADgJZToM

For some reason I was picturing the map-scale DropShips coming in plain packaging.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Nice seeing the updates and the photos of stuff.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
So these will be retail as well?

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Would be neat if they are. Get my dropships later.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
So these will be retail as well?
That was always how they were presented, though originally it was supposed to be through IWM's distribution network instead of Catalyst's.