Author Topic: Annoyance with the new TechManual printing  (Read 1189 times)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Annoyance with the new TechManual printing
« on: 12 July 2019, 11:08:33 »
Got my copy of the new TM printing. after paging through it i slid it on the shelf to see how the Ghost Bear Timber Wolf spine picture was coming along and something seemed... off. I was not wrong (original TRO 3050 juxtaposed for reference)

TM's spine imaging is about a quarter inch low so in order to make the picture line up, you have to do the above. not the end of the world, but annoying.

Anyone else have this problem or did I just get a bad one?

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Annoyance with the new TechManual printing
« Reply #1 on: 12 July 2019, 14:57:10 »
That's an amusing easter egg that looks like it's gone slightly wrong... Especially given that the covers are all classic 3025 era art.  Putting a clan 'mech on the spine is subtle, evil genius.

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2019, 20:12:32 »
I just received my copy of TechManual today, and it's the same way as well. The spine art doesn't quite line up with Total Warfare's.

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

Phobos101

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2019, 20:45:33 »
my Battlemech Manual (first batch with the Timberwolf cover) is shorter than my rulebooks (rifleman/timberwolf spines). CGL probably used a different binder for a couple of runs, as I noticed the page size inside is the same, despite the covers.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2019, 20:55:09 »
It is yes. I’m away from my bookshelf but I think it’s the same size as the AS books as well. The TW and TM reprints are the same size as the previous original ones

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?