Author Topic: battlemaster (not the mech, but it does involve war of a sort.)  (Read 4103 times)

Gustav Kuriga

• Warrant Officer
  • Fluffeh Fennec
If there are any of you who like roleplaying games or web-browser strategy games, please check out http://battlemaster.org/. It is a text based role-playing strategy game, in which you start out as a noble and seek to do... well... whatever you come up with. If you wish to create a religion that seeks to gain sway over an entire continent, or work with other nobles to build an empire, you can do that. Or at least attempt to, as there are others who will oppose you. All realms and religions are player created and run, from the lowliest knight to the highest King/Emperor/Prime Minister. The game takes place in a low fantasy setting, similar in atmosphere to medieval europe. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask.

I can say that the Farronite Republic (which I am a part of) has a need of knights, and since we are a republic, positions change frequently, so there will be plenty of chances to gain power. Asylon, the realm next to us, could also use nobles, while Terran is part of a large war between the rich realm of Aurvandil and the entire northern half of the continent, though travel distance between the northern theocracies and the south means that the north has trouble sending troops for much more than defensive purposes in Terran. This is on the continent of Dwilight.

On the continent of Atamara, there is a massive continental war between the Cagilan Empire, Talerium, Tara and Strombran vs. Darka, Eston, and the Barony of Makar. The latter is known collectively as the Northern Alliance, and could use some reinforcements, lest Atamara fall under the dominion of the Cagilan Empire and its allies.

There is a facebook page for the game which you can look at for news (much of it IC propaganda) from all the continents. If you do facebook stuff that is... http://www.facebook.com/BattleMasterGame
that's nonsense you loon. i use a hammer to drive screws and I ENJOY IT  - Cik

Gustav Kuriga

• Warrant Officer
  • Fluffeh Fennec
Re: battlemaster (not the mech, but it does involve war of a sort.)
« Reply #1 on: 09 January 2013, 12:20:59 »
Can I request that a moderator move this to the roleplaying section of the forums?

Gustav Kuriga

• Warrant Officer
  • Fluffeh Fennec
« Reply #2 on: 10 January 2013, 17:28:28 »
*bump* Surely someone has something to say...

Gustav Kuriga

• Warrant Officer
  • Fluffeh Fennec
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2013, 23:18:28 »
An update of sorts. Seems my character managed to be useful despite losing his entire unit:

Sir Bezumo Kuriga, a young noble of Talerium, was travelling in Anost to meet up with the main army when he was ambushed by a force of 53 infantry and 72 cavalry. Bravely leading a unit of 26 archers against all odds, he managed to inflict equal casualties on the superior force before his unit was killed to a man. Finding himself alone, the young noble caught sight of a nobleman on a horse wielding an emerald studded warhammer. Using skills learned from being in the desert, he jumped onto the horse behind the Darkan noble, holding a knife across his throat while directing him from the battlefield towards Talerium. Thus did Sir Bezumo capture Schaeffer Blackwood, a knight of Darka, despite having lost all his men.

Licaón

« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2013, 18:52:50 »
Wow, indeed Sir Bezumo made that knight's day in quite unfavourable conditions! BattleMaster is a great game that deserves to give it a try, and I'd strongly recommend Dwilight as a very funny continent for a noble. The Serious Medieval Atmosphere gives it an incredible roleplaying flavour. It's actually a "Game of Thrones" where every player writes a piece of history  :)

My character lives in the Republic of Barca, it's still a small realm but we're growing a lot recently and need some brave and ambitious nobles to help to construct and fight for the Republic!

There's a Wiki for the game where you can find plenty of guides for game mechanics, and where players can write the background of their characters and their realms! I've been drawing some pictures to update our realm's page. There you have a couple of samples to help you to decide  :P

This one isn't finished yet, but it's pretty much how it would look a Barcan captain complaining for the price of the ale in a local tavern.

« Last Edit: 26 January 2013, 18:58:41 by Licaón »