Author Topic: Concept: Protomech C3?  (Read 1747 times)

Lazarus Jaguar

• Captain
  • Stop! Hammer Time!
Concept: Protomech C3?
« on: 03 January 2012, 15:31:02 »
I've been thinking about this, and while I know the Clans usually would not even consider C3, I do see it as fitting for use in protomechs.  The Clan aversion to this technology is due almost entirely to thier ideal of one-on-one battles, while C3 is useful for enhancing cooperation in battle.  However, in real warfare that ideal comes down to one point-on-one point.  So Clan warriors of some types do cooperate.  Battle armor for example, although on them C3 would be useless since the whole point stays together and thus unable to make use of it's advantages.

But Protomechs are different.  The Point fights together as one unit, but do not stay together in one hex.  Thus, C3 would be a boon to them as they could coordinate themselves better to fight an opponent.  So, this brings me to two questions.  1) is my logic sound and 2) how much should a C3 device able to link up the 5 protos of a point weigh?
You know, I love that every day in Japan is like a very peaceful game of RIFTs. - MadCapellan

around here, April Fools day is Serious! Business!

Onisuzume

• Lieutenant
Re: Concept: Protomech C3?
« Reply #1 on: 03 January 2012, 17:13:31 »
Consider suggesting it in the thread for IS ProtoMechs houserules over at the ProtoMech subforum.

Glory to the Combine Snow Lily Empire!

WeaponX

• Warrant Officer
  • Ghost Bear Maniac
    • Ghost Bear Mania
Re: Concept: Protomech C3?
« Reply #2 on: 03 January 2012, 20:21:35 »
1) is my logic sound

Its actually nor a bad idea, seeing as a Proto point is technically 1 unit, making them more "one" makes perfect sense.

2) how much should a C3 device able to link up the 5 protos of a point weigh?

I say make it a C3i system and make each Proto C3i weigh 1 ton, but limit the link's maximum range to about 16 hexes per unit, instead of the unlimited range of the Mech scale C3i.
« Last Edit: 03 January 2012, 20:31:38 by WeaponX »
"Do you not understand the nature of the Bear?  For months he sleeps in hibernation, but do not dare disturb him.  The Bear's anger is unforgiving once provoked."

-Mechwarrior Zane
  Clan Nova Cat