Author Topic: XNA 3D Hex Map system  (Read 85370 times)

Peter Smith

• LBI Shareholder
  • Captain
Re: XNA 3D Hex Map system
« Reply #180 on: 28 September 2011, 16:32:54 »
I clicked on the above link...and heard Rush still.

Good man!
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Now I've got the image of a Haywire pod that's broadcasting "stop hitting yourself" over and over." MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

Trent

• Sergeant
« Reply #181 on: 28 September 2011, 17:26:26 »
Yeah I started the YouTube "AudioSwap" feature quite awhile ago, after the original video was blocked. It simply showed a screen saying "This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it on copyright grounds".

So far the AudioSwap hasn't completed and the original music plays. Odd.

BTW, I'm a life-long Rush fan. :)

Uploading a new Refraction test video now, put the last of the water fixes behind me finally. So, I can move forward again. I hate moving backwards to rework things which used to work, but I've got a policy about not leaving things unfinished.

Took me 3 friggin' days to figure out the depth stencil problem. Finally got the answer in my head last night when going to sleep.

sanet.by

« Reply #182 on: 02 November 2011, 17:31:28 »
Trent, Great job! I really, really like it. I'm thinking about it for second day after I saw your channel on youtube yesterday.
Do you continue working on this project?

I'm so exciting with your engine because that's exactly what I decided to do myself last weekend...

Previously I made 2 attempts to create my own BT game (mostly not to play it - but for developing process - its a real fun for me))

1st attempt:
started in 1999 (mybe it's even pre megamek times??) was inspired by first mechcommander - the first bt comp game I played. I discovered that there is a board bt game too, found rules and opened VB6 editor :))

2nd attempt:
10 years later. I made a simple online multiplayer yathzee game in silverlight for my wife:
http://kniffel.sanet.by/PlayKniffel.aspx
 All my friends liked it and inspired with such "success" I decided to do the same fun for myself and started to remake my game in SL3 with VB.Net:
http://sanet.by/ClientBin/mechstest.html
I wanted to use real 3d models, but it was very hard with SL3 and project was stopped for better times. Now when SL5 supports XNA 3d - I decided to continue and rework all in real 3d environment, and here where I met your project))

Sorry for disturbing you here and on youtube - but I'm your big fun since yesterday  [notworthy]
« Last Edit: 02 November 2011, 18:28:34 by sanet.by »

Peter Smith

• LBI Shareholder
  • Captain
« Reply #183 on: 17 November 2011, 09:30:54 »
Hey Trent, it got real quiet on this front. How're things going?
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Now I've got the image of a Haywire pod that's broadcasting "stop hitting yourself" over and over." MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

Cepheus0815

« Reply #184 on: 14 March 2012, 03:43:57 »
Hi Trent,

Any chance you make your Map Engine open source? I'm playing around with XNA myself a bit and your engine is basically exactly what I want. I fear my programming skills are not good enough to produce such a cool engine.

Thanks, Rainer

Paulie771

• Corporal
« Reply #185 on: 08 July 2012, 15:37:26 »
Has this project died?