Author Topic: Design Challenge: Build a Battleship!  (Read 8112 times)

dragonkid11

• Master Sergeant
Re: Design Challenge: Build a Battleship!
« Reply #30 on: 14 November 2012, 03:52:28 »
May I ask a question about the weapon limit of warship?

Well,my calculating skill probably failed,because all the tonnages I counted for the fire control system in every single warships that have exceeded weapon limit are wrong.

Does the weapon limits meant that every single type of weapon is counted toward the limit or each type of weapon(capital,sub-capital,conventional...is AMS also a type?because it's not really a weapon)has a limit of 20?
On behalf of the Berserker,
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Salvage Dog AU SI Fanfic Thread
Salvage Dog AU Tech Compilation Thread
Salvage Dog AU Battlemech Thread

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #31 on: 17 November 2012, 10:50:54 »
Its total weapons, not by type.
20 is the max you can put in an arc w/o FC tonnage being added.
It doesn't matter if its 20 AMS, 20 LPL, 20 Heavy Naval Gauss Cannon, or a Mix of them all.

AMS counts towards limits, BUT, does not count for gunners.  So the crew is less but its still part of the 20 weapon soft-cap.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

dragonkid11

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 17 November 2012, 21:39:36 »
It does make the situation a bit awkward because you need to add hundreds of ton of fire control just to add an AMS
On behalf of the Berserker,
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Salvage Dog AU SI Fanfic Thread
Salvage Dog AU Tech Compilation Thread
Salvage Dog AU Battlemech Thread

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #33 on: 18 November 2012, 12:17:50 »
It does make the situation a bit awkward because you need to add hundreds of ton of fire control just to add an AMS 

Use less weapons then : )
There are ways to optimize weapon placement as well.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo