Author Topic: IS Battle Armor and Anti-Personnel Mounts  (Read 2219 times)

MidfieldMarauder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • There's always another option.
IS Battle Armor and Anti-Personnel Mounts
« on: 20 May 2013, 11:36:56 »
I'm getting into Inner Sphere Battle Armor, and I have a game rules(ish) question about something that has begun to perplex me.

Several of the Battle Armor types in TRO: 3058, such as the Fa Shih and Achileus, have listed in the Weapons and Equipment section an Anti-Personnel Weapon Mount, but in Record Sheets 3058 there is nothing on the record sheets to indicate this spot is available.

Does the spot not actually exist in the game, or do we get to select a weapon of choice and add it to the unit?

Thanks,
Dave "Middy" Martin
CDT Agent #880

Author of "Lost Ghosts" (Shrapnel #9), "That Old Highlander Way" (Slack Tide Anthology), "In Service to the Dragon" (Gray Markets Anthology), and the BattleCorps stories "Loyalty's Price" and "Risk of Honor"

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: IS Battle Armor and Anti-Personnel Mounts
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2013, 13:57:24 »
In Total Warfare play, all Battle Armor are assumed to have rifles.  You can't change them.
The Record Sheets have a checkbox for AP if they have an anti-personnel weapon.  (They also can't fire more than one per round).
If using A Time of War, you need to check the TR for if they have more than one AP mount.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

MidfieldMarauder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • There's always another option.
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2013, 14:40:16 »
Thank you for the guidance. After you pointed me in the right direction, I realized I could have avoided even asking if I had just gone back and re-read the BA rules in Total Warfare.  :D
Dave "Middy" Martin
CDT Agent #880

Author of "Lost Ghosts" (Shrapnel #9), "That Old Highlander Way" (Slack Tide Anthology), "In Service to the Dragon" (Gray Markets Anthology), and the BattleCorps stories "Loyalty's Price" and "Risk of Honor"

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2013, 16:26:10 »
In Total Warfare play, all Battle Armor are assumed to have rifles.  You can't change them.

All Battle armor with AP mounts you mean, right, not all Battle Armor?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2013, 17:23:06 »
All Battle armor with AP mounts you mean, right, not all Battle Armor?

Correct.
If they have AP weapon mounts, they are assumed to have rifles in them.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 15 June 2013, 02:38:07 »
Battle armor also get the AP ability if they have an armored glove, since armored gloves can be used to carry standard infantry weaponry.