Author Topic: Southern Oregon Battletech Society  (Read 12286 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Re: Southern Oregon Battletech Society
« Reply #30 on: 28 February 2012, 18:59:33 »
I'd be there if it was a week later, but that's final's week for me.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #31 on: 24 March 2012, 20:25:21 »
A Bad Day's Hunting

Hunting pirates is not as easy as they say, especially when they get between you and your dropship. No we have no supplies and no way of getting off this damn rock.

I'll be running demos using the quick start rules from 1:00PM to 2:00PM. The main game will start after the demos are finished . All forces will be provided by me. If any players wish they can bring three mechs of IS level 1 (3025) not to exceed 150 tons. No assualt mechs will be allowed.

It will be on the 21st of April at Astral Games in Medford.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #32 on: 25 March 2012, 00:26:08 »
I bet it'll snow that day :P

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #33 on: 25 March 2012, 09:59:25 »
It has been a weird winter/spring.

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #34 on: 26 April 2012, 12:15:50 »
I've spoken about this in the past but now I belive I'm ready to take on the challenge. I'd like to start a campaing using HTP:Luzerne. I wanted to start a group of Smoke Jags againts the SLDF for control of Luzerne circa 3059? Once the entire campaign is completed we could continue on from there or move into something different. I can rotate games between GP and Medford depending on who is interested and also the casual gamer can always help me play the OpFor. Let me know what you guys think or want.

Nekhron Kirov

• Private
  • Warrior, Poet, Evil Genius, Nerd Lord
    • Clan Blood Spirit
« Reply #35 on: 27 April 2012, 12:19:28 »
I call Clanner side!!    >:D

Star Col. Cmdg, 88th Crimson Cavalry Cluster, Iota Galaxy
    "Vos Canere Non Velieris"  -  (You Cannot Hide)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #36 on: 27 April 2012, 12:47:07 »
I'd love to try playing a Battletech campaign.

Last time I was in one, the GM wasn't very good and never actually gave us enough rewards per mission to recoup our expenses- we went broke about the 4th or 5th mission.

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #37 on: 09 May 2012, 12:39:29 »
Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know that Nekhron is hosting games on staturday's down at Astral Games in Medford.  I believe start time is around 1300.

I'm also ironing out the details for the campaign.  I'm looking to start it for this month's event at CastleHill, that's assuming I can get enough people interested in playing.  If it seems that only the community in Medford wants it then I'll focus it there and do something else in Grants Pass.

Have a good one.

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #38 on: 13 May 2012, 10:13:42 »
Hi All,
Our next Btech event is set for May 26th, start time 1:00PM, at Castlehill Games.  Be advised that he will be holding a Magic Tournament at the same time.  So it may be a  little loud but Dave has assured me that we will have a table.  I'm hoping to start the campaign or at least get the details ironed out.  I will email more details of the campaign as soon as I have them worked out. 

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #39 on: 13 May 2012, 14:51:03 »
Cool, I should be up in Roseburg then anyway (I'm planning on shlepping a load of stuff out of my dorm that weekend), so getting to Grants Pass will be easier than it would otherwise be.

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #40 on: 17 May 2012, 12:13:48 »
Hi All,

I recently emailed out the force list for the start of the smoke Jag compaign in a couple of weeks.  If you haven't got it and want it PM me.

Nekhron Kirov

• Private
  • Warrior, Poet, Evil Genius, Nerd Lord
    • Clan Blood Spirit
« Reply #41 on: 19 May 2012, 15:03:32 »
As I stated previously, I would like to play SJ.  I will get back to you after this weekend about it.

Star Col. Cmdg, 88th Crimson Cavalry Cluster, Iota Galaxy
    "Vos Canere Non Velieris"  -  (You Cannot Hide)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #42 on: 19 May 2012, 16:29:43 »
And I'll volunteer for IS.

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #43 on: 28 June 2012, 08:31:53 »
Howdy,

Just a quick not to the group before I go on vacation and spend all my money,  I've set aside the 21st of July for the continuation of our Smoke Jaguar campaing.  This time the game be held in Medford at Astral Games with a start time around 1:00PM.  See ya there.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #44 on: 28 June 2012, 12:25:56 »
I do believe I can make it.

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #45 on: 10 July 2012, 12:13:53 »
More information for the game the 21st of this month.

This is the continuation of the mission we started last time we played together. I believe the game should be finished in another five rounds. For those who missed the start or want to learn to play please still come, we can roll forces or you can learn the game by playing the opfor. There are also some additional rules for the campaing I'd like to put into place. It mainly has to do with the aquasition (sp) of equipment and ammuntion.

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #46 on: 04 August 2012, 22:12:37 »
Our Smoke Jag campaign continues the 18th of August at Astral Games in Medford.  Start time is around 1:00PM. 

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #47 on: 18 August 2012, 08:14:33 »
Sorry guys I'm gonna have to cancel the event.  I've been under the weather and can't seem to shake it.  Let's just say i can't be to far from a toilet right now. 

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #48 on: 29 August 2012, 09:59:45 »
Hi All,

I've schedualed some space at Astral Games on the 15th of September.  This will be mission two of our Smoke Jag Campaing.  If you need any information just let me know.  Once again we are using the Chaos Campaing system out of Total Chaos.  I've also got the charts and house rules for force generation.  Start time is around 1:00PM and will go until finished with the mission or kicked out of the store.

Have a good one
Jonathan

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #49 on: 15 September 2012, 12:09:56 »
Sorry Guys,

My only confirmation for this weekends game cancelled on me due to sickness.  So with that said I'm going for cancel this weekend and play the mission next weekend the 22nd of Sept same start time and same place. 

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #50 on: 15 September 2012, 18:02:08 »
Well, I know I won't be there then.  School's starting...

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #51 on: 21 October 2012, 17:15:09 »
Okay All,

We are gonna do something different for our next campaing game. By the way we suspended our normal game due to lack of players. It gave Thomas a chance to beat up on me in something other than a StormCrow. Anyways, for the next game we are gonna use a modified version of QuickStrike. Quick Strike is a rule set put out by CGL for Battletech. It's a version of rules that allows for quick play and keeps the battletech flavor. Quick Strike was first written as a mini's rule set not to be used with maps. I'm in the process of modifing them for hexes. I will also incorporate a mini's rule set into the system as time permits. I'll post more information as I have it. I think I'm about halfway through them now. I'm not adding rules for aerotech unless we want them later.

Have a good one.

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #52 on: 07 November 2012, 17:51:16 »
Hi All,

I reserved some table space for saturday the 17th at Astral Games. I'd like to use that time to try out Quickstrike for Hex play. So we are going to suspend our normal campaign and go with my force.

QuickStrike was orignally developed for quick miniature play but can be easily adapted to hex play. The rules are simplyfied and gameplay shouldn't take a long time. I urge you all to try it and give me your input.

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #53 on: 26 February 2013, 09:45:04 »
Hi All,

I know it's been a long time since I've posted.  I'm still here trying to be as active as possible.  I'm in the process of learning Quick Strike and hope to share it in the coming months.  If you want to learn more about QS the rules can be found in the core rule book Strategic Operations. 

Anyways....I hope to have another demo of QS in the next couple of weeks at Astral Games in Medford.  If you'd like to build a force I'll have point totals available or you can use one of my units. 

Thanks

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #54 on: 02 March 2013, 14:11:33 »
Hi All,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be hosting a Btech Quick Strike demo on the 23 of March at Astral Games.  Start time is around 1:00PM.  For those of you not to familiar with Quick Strike it's essentially a squad level version of Btech using terrian and miniatures.  I'll have all the stuff you'll need to play but feel free to bring any miniatures that you may have.  I'll figure out a point total later but dig'em out and dust'em off.   The rules for Quick Strike are found in the core rule book Strategic Operations and mech Stats can be found at

http://www.masterunitlist.info/

CGL is also releasing a bunch of new books this year to finish off the Dark Age before the time jump next year.  A new era digest, TRO, and I"m sure a virtual cornocopia of scenerio packs are forthcoming.  For those who don't know yet the one magic word for next year is Ilkhan.  For more information of upcoming products check out

http://www.battletech.com/

Have a good one
Jonathan Chester

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #55 on: 22 March 2013, 16:57:46 »
Operation Striking Claw this saturday at Astral Games in Medford.  This is a QuickStrike Scenerio set in the Jihad.  Start time is around 1PM.  Just bring yourself, I'll bring everything else.  See ya there.

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #56 on: 25 August 2013, 15:00:31 »
Hi All,

Been a busy summer and may prove to be a busy year.  I'm still here and wanting to push Battletech on people.  I plan on holding an event in September this year using Alpha Strike.  It will be the second installment in my mini-campaign Striking Claw, set during the Jihad.   Once I have the scenario finalized I'll post a pdf here.

The campaign came to a standstill.  I only had one committed player towards the end.  I'd love to pick it up again but it will have to be reworked.  Forces need to be shrink or rule sets need to change.  I found that allowing for custom mechs and speedy pilot advancement made for a boring game, at least for me anyway. 

have a good one
Jonathan

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #57 on: 07 September 2013, 09:38:12 »
I just posted an AlphaStrike event for this month.  Sept 28 at Astral Games in Medford.  Start time is around 12:30PM.  Just bring yourself and your luckiest six sided dice.

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #58 on: 13 January 2014, 18:13:49 »
The Rat Inside
3074 Alboin in Clan Space.

After securing several holdings on Alboin Clan Blood Spirit Watch Operatives have detected strange comm traffic from an otherwise unoccupied part of the planet. Aerial reconnaissance show nothing but mud huts in the area. Suspecting a cell of Dark Caste operatives command has sent out a trinary to recover the source of the comm traffic.

This will be an Alpha Strike event. All units will be provided. This is an intro level scenerio so all are welcome to participate.  Start time is 1:00PM at Astral Games in Medford Oregon.

Added 1/25/14

Sorry everyone, I have to cancel his event cause of illness.
« Last Edit: 25 January 2014, 09:47:37 by Dropkick »