Author Topic: society protomech units  (Read 2999 times)

vinlander

• Corporal
society protomech units
« on: 18 January 2014, 10:40:35 »
Hi lads,
           I've been running some WOR themed games for the group here and I want to throw some protomechs into the mix since they were the backbone of the society's forces.

The cards for the standard proto units are based around a point of five but, the society was organized around a base three system (one mech or three protomechs = an 'un', three uns = a trey). so do the AS cards for society protos represent a three or five unit group?

Anyone know?  ???

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
Re: society protomech units
« Reply #1 on: 18 January 2014, 12:00:10 »
The way I read the rules in AS would lead me to believe that, for example, the card for the Centaur Z is for only 5 protomechs.  Five bubbles in structure mean five protomechs. 

Added
That being said I don't see why you couldn't modify the rules to include six bubbles instead of just five, especially if you have a copy of stratops.
« Last Edit: 18 January 2014, 12:08:02 by Dropkick »

vinlander

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 18 January 2014, 16:32:37 »
 The Sprite's unit card has 11 points of armour and five of structure. I wonder if that could be for three though. The Sprite is a 15 ton ultra heavy PM, almost qualifies as an ultra light battlemech so it might be reasonable.

Hmmm....  ???

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #3 on: 18 January 2014, 17:27:29 »
I would say best advice is to follow the Protomech conversion rules on page 370 of Strategic Ops and do it based on a 3 man point as opposed to a 5 man point.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #4 on: 18 January 2014, 19:33:07 »
The Sprite's unit card has 11 points of armour and five of structure. I wonder if that could be for three though. The Sprite is a 15 ton ultra heavy PM, almost qualifies as an ultra light battlemech so it might be reasonable.

Hmmm....  ???

I assure you the Sprite's card is for a unit of 5 Sprites.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #5 on: 18 January 2014, 19:51:14 »
I would say best advice is to follow the Protomech conversion rules on page 370 of Strategic Ops and do it based on a 3 man point as opposed to a 5 man point.

or just divide the MUL stats by 5, and use the result to figure out a triplet version.

Register