Author Topic: Introduction of Advanced Tactical Missile?  (Read 3617 times)

Domi1981

• Warrant Officer
Introduction of Advanced Tactical Missile?
« on: 08 April 2014, 09:48:25 »
Hello,
since I´m from the old league I don´t have any of the new rulebooks. The newest I have is the old Maximum Tech. In this I found a system called Advanced Tactical Missile. The problem is its described in none of my books. Can anybody tell me where it was introduced in the old Battletech rules?

Domi1981

• Warrant Officer
Re: Introduction of Advanced Tactical Missile?
« Reply #1 on: 14 April 2014, 11:16:05 »
sorry to up this but does anybody have an idea where I can look up the rules in the old rulebooks?

Mastergunz

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • BBBBBBRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTT
« Reply #2 on: 14 April 2014, 15:26:42 »
AFAIK, it's not in any of the old rulebooks. It was introduced in Tech Manual I believe. Hope that helps.

-Gunz
" also, didn't you know mechs are able to run their massive energy weapons and all only because of their super secret fusion engine designs? the fusion engines actually turn rage and tears generated on the internet, wirelessly into usable power for the machines." -steelblueskies

"I find that alcohol bestows a variety of tactical options."

"Hotwire your imagination into your sense of self-preservation, and see what percolates." -Weirdo

Follow along with my miniature exploits on my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/MastergunzPaintWorx

gunner

• Sergeant
  • Todays a good day to die, YOU FIRST
« Reply #3 on: 14 April 2014, 15:27:21 »
It's not in any of the old books.   From your books,   think of them as sort of  Clan dead fire missiles.  They do NOT roll 3 die  but standard 2. They have a built in Narc  +2 on die roll.  Their Ammo is per ton and has to be marked as  short  medium and long range missile ammo per slot.
 The Short  [High  Explosive]  is 3 points damage per missile  Medium  [standard] +2  per  and Extendend Range or long range is +1 per missile   you find the number of missile hitting {adding 2 to die roll}  multiply that number by type used,  5 point clusters of damage on the target mech.
    The Introduction  date I don't know.
Long life through fire superiority
IN range  and ON target  M 60 MG

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #4 on: 14 April 2014, 15:35:15 »
ATMs were first introduced in Field Manual: Warden Clans. The first true rulebook to include them was Battletech Master Rules. I think.
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

Auren

• Lieutenant
  • Well.
« Reply #5 on: 14 April 2014, 17:15:52 »
BMR regular does not have ATM rules.  :(

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #6 on: 14 April 2014, 21:48:39 »
Clan Coyote introduce the Advanced Tactical Missile system, 3054.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #7 on: 14 April 2014, 22:19:48 »
it was in Field manual warden clans pretty much exclusively until total warfare came out. we got plenty of ATM equipped units, but it didn't appear in main rulebooks until TW..

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #8 on: 14 April 2014, 22:36:55 »
Not true! Their first core rulebook appearance was in the revised version of Master Rules back in 2001.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!